THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Interesting,  may try just the dip, minus the  bread, serve with  nachos. Looks to be wine friendly.  Now about the  mustard. Another  Larry no-no, LOL. McDonald's  double  cheese, NO mustard. Actually,  I  have a recipe for  swiss onion soup  that calls for some powdered  mustard, and I  love it. 

I'll post the recipe later, it's time consuming,  but worth it. 

For those who are low carb it would be good with a variety of chips and crackers. Might be better than or go with french onion or ranch dips.

The bread can be optional, the dip is kind of fondue like with skewers, forks or picks.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

I rarely do a Mr Food recipe but I just saw this one on TV now their  HALFTIME BACON CHEESE DIP. It would fall under the quick and easy no clean up snack.

SERVES  12  COOK    TIME   45 Min

Ready to win big at the game day party? This recipe will always be a big win: our Halftime Bacon Cheese Dip is ooey-gooey, and bacon-studded making it the ultimate football cheese dip.  Everyone on game day will be clamoring for more as these delicious flavors score a taste bud touchdown. 

What You'll Need

• 1 (1-pound) oval loaf Italian or sourdough bread, unsliced
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup crumbled crispy cooked bacon
  • 3 scallions, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons beer
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  •  
  • What to Do
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the top off the bread about 1/3 of the way down and set top aside. Hollow out inside, leaving about 1-inch of bread around edges. Cut top of the bread and the bread that you removed into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture into bread loaf, then loosely wrap the bread loaf in aluminum foil.
  3. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until hot in center. Serve with cut-up bread pieces.

Serving Suggestion!

If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

Half-Time-Bacon-Cheese-Dip-_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-3215749.jpg

have to go to the store anyway oh ya i will give this a wurl

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Interesting,  may try just the dip, minus the  bread, serve with  nachos. Looks to be wine friendly.  Now about the  mustard. Another  Larry no-no, LOL. McDonald's  double  cheese, NO mustard. Actually,  I  have a recipe for  swiss onion soup  that calls for some powdered  mustard, and I  love it. 

I'll post the recipe later, it's time consuming,  but worth it. 

swiss onion soup? I'll be looking for that recipe. Sounds good.

Well it's that time of the year for the SLICE OF THE VALLEY pizza challenge. they've expanded to 15 vendors and some local beer vendors.  Celebrity judges include Kevin Mack, Boom Boom Mancini and many others. Sunday March 1st 2020 at the Metroplex Expo Center in Liberty (Youngstown/Warren area).  

http://www.sliceofthevalley.com/?utm_source=fbook&utm_medium=darkpost&utm_campaign=beervote&utm_term=ai&utm_content=interest&fbclid=IwAR3LusJgNnxc355JG_Abx1yy5wOO4ln4sfWC0VChxgcChCRNsOmgRjT

Check it out......

Screenshot_2020-01-31_142024.jpg

Screenshot_2020-01-31_142153.jpg

Screenshot_2020-01-31_143236.jpg

I got this from a link on the Mr Food dip recipe posted earlier.  Reminds me of a really good Mexican dip my wife makes.

Check it out:.   

35 Unbelievably Good Dip Recipes

Find the perfect homemade dip recipes for your upcoming potlucks or parties!

Screenshot_2020-01-31_150839.jpg

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

🥑-eat me!                                     😁

HELL NO!!!  🍕🍺               😋

• Haha 2

For Cal & anyone else....Time consuming, but worth it- never had anyone yet say they didn't care for it. 

SWISS ONION SOUP

Serves 4 

3 cups thinly diced onions

1 garlic clove, minced

3\4 t dry mustard (Coleman's) 

1-1\2 t salt

5 T. Unsalted butter (salted is OK)

2 cups chicken stock

3 T flour

1-1\2 cups milk

1\2 t bottled horseradish

1 T Dry Sherry

1-1\2 cups grated gruyere 6 oz

1\2t pepper

1\2 t Soy Sauce

3 drops Tabasco

1\4 t Worcestershire 

Cook onion & garlic in 2 T butter with salt and mustard over moderate heat 10-12 minutes or until onion is soft 

Add stock, and simmer covered for 20 minutes 

While simmering..... 

In a saucepan melt 3 T butter, add flour & cook for 3 minutes 

Remove from heat, add milk and simmer for 7 minutes while stirring 

Add horseradish, sherry, & gruyere- combine well until cheese is melted

Combine with onion mixture 

Stir in pepper, soy, Tabasco, Worcestershire & simmer 10 minutes

The recipe will upscale in quantity nicely.  I've played with the proportions and amount of seasonings over the years, but this is the original. Only warnings- don't use cheap domestic gruyere. Cal, you can probably omit the sherry. But as us winos say- if you wouldn't drink it, don't cook with it. I always have a bottle of Lustau Oloroso Don Nuño sherry (about $30) lying around, a lesser one would do- but "cooking sherry" is an abomination....  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Well it's that time of the year for the SLICE OF THE VALLEY pizza challenge. they've expanded to 15 vendors and some local beer vendors.  Celebrity judges include Kevin Mack, Boom Boom Mancini and many others. Sunday March 1st 2020 at the Metroplex Expo Center in Liberty (Youngstown/Warren area).  

http://www.sliceofthevalley.com/?utm_source=fbook&utm_medium=darkpost&utm_campaign=beervote&utm_term=ai&utm_content=interest&fbclid=IwAR3LusJgNnxc355JG_Abx1yy5wOO4ln4sfWC0VChxgcChCRNsOmgRjT

Check it out......

Screenshot_2020-01-31_142024.jpg

Screenshot_2020-01-31_142153.jpg

Screenshot_2020-01-31_143236.jpg

Getting Homesick

• Like 1

I was just looking over the 35 dip recipes link they are the basic good dips but one caught my eye. We often get Spinach Artichoke Dip when we order out but here's a quick and easy recipe for making it at home and hot.  https://www.mrfood.com/Appetizers/32-Unbelievably-Good-Dip-Recipes

35 Unbelievably Good Dip Recipes

Find the perfect homemade dip recipes for your upcoming potlucks or parties

Makes  about 3 cups dip     COOK TIME    30 Min

If you like the Spinach Artichoke Dip   popular at all the chain restaurants, you're gonna love our homemade version. It's easy, and there's no substitute for a fresh, hot-from-the-oven spinach dip. See for yourself!

What You'll Need

• 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened (see Notes)
  • 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped  
  •  
  • What to do
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.

2. In a medium bowl, combine spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, ground red pepper, and garlic powder; beat until well blended. Stir in artichokes and spoon into prepared casserole dish.

3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through and the edges are golden. Serve immediately.

Notes

• We like to serve this Spinach Artichoke Dip with tortilla chips, crackers, or thin slices of French bread for dipping. 
  • Looking to lighten this dip up? No problem! Just use reduced-fat cream cheese and only 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese. Be sure to serve it with baked tortilla chips, too!

If you love everything spinach, then you'll love our collection of Super Recipes with Spinach: 21 Spinach Salad Recipes, Spinach Dinner Recipes, and More!

Spinach-Artichoke-Dip_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1205430.jpg

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

I was just looking over the 35 dip recipes link they are the basic good dips but one caught my eye. We often get Spinach Artichoke Dip when we order out but here's a quick and easy recipe for making it at home and hot.  https://www.mrfood.com/Appetizers/32-Unbelievably-Good-Dip-Recipes

Now you're really pushing it. You think I'm Popeye or something? Artichokes  spinach . I doubt even rabbits attack that lousy green stuff........   

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Bah- guacamole- a carcinogen laced food one step above rat poison. Add enough of this and it may kill that bad taste...... 

You guys just have a fear of Crime lords and "Avocado-hand". 😱

From "Morning Brew":

Avocados Fell in With the Wrong Crowd

Avocados

Pexels

We know avocados aren’t typically considered a “dangerous” fruit (like peaches). But we’ve got some news...

Avocado crime is on the rise. Mexican criminal gangs facing a lull in the drug business have turned to avocado theft, the FT reports. Their main target: the dozen trucks an hour leaving Mexico’s avocado belt for the U.S. 

Zoom out: The Mexican avocado industry is growing at a healthy clip. Sales to the U.S., the largest importer of Mexican avocados, bring in almost $2 billion annually.

• Avo demand spikes right before the Super Bowl. The Hass Avocado Board said we’ll consume 153 million pounds of the good fat during tomorrow’s game. 
  • Two weeks ago, Mexican avocado exports to the U.S. had their best week ever

+ Bonus avocado content: The WSJ explores the rise of “avocado-hand,” the act of stabbing or slicing yourself while de-pitting an avocado. More than half of the 50,413 reported avocado-related injuries from 1998–2017 have happened since 2013.

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

Now you're really pushing it. You think I'm Popeye or something? Artichokes  spinach . I doubt even rabbits attack that lousy green stuff........   

It's good for you......now eat your spinach junior.  :(

Seriously though food is really subjective my brother is coming over in an hour or so and we haven't made anything yet because he's a vegetarian so we're going to just go to the store and put something together.   Normally we have a dinner ready when someone comes over.

But tomorrow's Super Bowl Sunday 54 GAMEDAY is still going to be some big beautiful rib eye steaks on 🔥 the grill.......ummmm.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You guys just have a fear of Crime lords and "Avocado-hand". 😱

From "Morning Brew":

Avocados Fell in With the Wrong Crowd

Avocados

Pexels

We know avocados aren’t typically considered a “dangerous” fruit (like peaches). But we’ve got some news...

Avocado crime is on the rise. Mexican criminal gangs facing a lull in the drug business have turned to avocado theft, the FT reports. Their main target: the dozen trucks an hour leaving Mexico’s avocado belt for the U.S. 

Zoom out: The Mexican avocado industry is growing at a healthy clip. Sales to the U.S., the largest importer of Mexican avocados, bring in almost $2 billion annually.

• Avo demand spikes right before the Super Bowl. The Hass Avocado Board said we’ll consume 153 million pounds of the good fat during tomorrow’s game. 
  • Two weeks ago, Mexican avocado exports to the U.S. had their best week ever

+ Bonus avocado content: The WSJ explores the rise of “avocado-hand,” the act of stabbing or slicing yourself while de-pitting an avocado. More than half of the 50,413 reported avocado-related injuries from 1998–2017 have happened since 2013.

So WHAT!! I STILL don't like 'em & I don't give a damn WHERE they came from....quoting my 22 month old Grandson, "YUK"!!  :D

Mike  

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2020 at 9:14 AM, mjp28 said:

Want some GAMEDAY munchies for the Senior Bowl or Pro Bowl or just a low carb snack?  And it's quick and easy.

Garlic-ky Shrimp Zucchini Boats

When you're craving pasta, these zucchini boats are a great option. The easy shrimp filling tastes almost like a creamy shrimp scampi. It's so good, it haunts our dreams. 

YIELDS:SERVINGS             PREP TIME:HOURS 10 MINS          TOTAL TIME:HOURS 45 MINS
INGREDIENTS

large zucchini, halved lengthwise
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil 
1 tsp. thyme leaves 
2 tbsp. butter
3/4 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
tomatoes, chopped
cloves garlic, minced 
1/4 c. heavy cream 
1/4 c. grated Parmesan

Juice of 1/2 lemon1

c. shredded mozzarella

Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Score zucchini (like you’re dicing an avocado) and scoop out insides to use later. Place zucchini boats in a large baking dish and drizzle all over with oil. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle thyme leaves on top. Bake until tender, about 20 minutes. 
  2. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook until pink and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and when cool enough to handle, chop into bite-size pieces. Return shrimp to skillet then stir in reserved zucchini, tomatoes, and garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add cream, Parmesan, and lemon juice, and cook until slightly reduced, 3 minutes. 
  3. Fill zucchini boats with shrimp mixture and top with mozzarella. Cook until cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes more. Garnish with more Parmesan and parsley.

delish-garlicky-shrimp-zucchini-boats-still002-1532537790 (1).jpg

this will be on the menu today also bought some scallops 

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2020 at 9:38 AM, mjp28 said:

I rarely do a Mr Food recipe but I just saw this one on TV now their  HALFTIME BACON CHEESE DIP. It would fall under the quick and easy no clean up snack.

SERVES  12  COOK    TIME   45 Min

Ready to win big at the game day party? This recipe will always be a big win: our Halftime Bacon Cheese Dip is ooey-gooey, and bacon-studded making it the ultimate football cheese dip.  Everyone on game day will be clamoring for more as these delicious flavors score a taste bud touchdown. 

What You'll Need

• 1 (1-pound) oval loaf Italian or sourdough bread, unsliced
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup crumbled crispy cooked bacon
  • 3 scallions, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons beer
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  •  
  • What to Do
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the top off the bread about 1/3 of the way down and set top aside. Hollow out inside, leaving about 1-inch of bread around edges. Cut top of the bread and the bread that you removed into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture into bread loaf, then loosely wrap the bread loaf in aluminum foil.
  3. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until hot in center. Serve with cut-up bread pieces.

Serving Suggestion!

If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

Half-Time-Bacon-Cheese-Dip-_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-3215749.jpg

also this 

thanks mjp

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ATOM said:

also this 

thanks mjp

Enjoy and let us know how it comes out.   ;)

• Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 11:57 AM, Canton Mike said:

So WHAT!! I STILL don't like 'em & I don't give a damn WHERE they came from....quoting my 22 month old Grandson, "YUK"!!  :D

Mike  

🥑   Kids don't like them from a Jar. Nor should drinkers inside of any bar.. 🤮     PAmY.gif      

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

After last year's fried food fest of nonsense, went with lighter fare this year for Super Bowl snacks...

Meat and cheese plate, shrimp cocktail, veggie tray, buffalo chicken dip, etc... 

Between the two I'd choose the lighter fare.  I've been munching on  sharp cheddar, cojack and Swiss guyere with salami and crackers for a late snack this week. Ummmm, cheese. :D

24 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

THAT'S why Phil didn't see his shadow! Cal killed & ate him!!

Add groundhog to my new cookbook, "Edible Stuff I Will NEVER Eat". 

Mike

4 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

THAT'S why Phil didn't see his shadow! Cal killed & ate him!!

Add groundhog to my new cookbook, "Edible Stuff I Will NEVER Eat". 

Mike

nutria you know those giant rat looking things

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

Between the two of choose the lighter fare.  I've been munching on  sharp cheddar, cojack and Swiss guyere with salami and crackers for a late snack this week. Ummmm, cheese. :D

Oh YEAH!

Here's a hint for cheese lovers, if you ever shop at BJ's (the only place I've seen it). They have bags of individually vacuum wrapped planks of fantastic sharp cheddar...it is called "Seriously Sharp" by Cabot. Not only is it a favorite of mine, but it's a favorite at my parties, in my snack cooler that I carry for the patients I transport, tailgates, fishing, etc.

Mike

• Like 1

Well I had my homemade chili for dinner with fresh green beans with real half fried bacon bits for a snack during the first half. 

Chili recipe is simple: Each can is approx. 1 lb. net wt.

1 1/2 lbs. browned lowest fat hamburger you can find

1 can Contadina tomato sauce

1 can Goya pinto beans

1 can Hunts Petite Diced tomatoes

1 large fresh red and 1 large fresh green pepper both diced to 1/2 inch squares

2/3 cup diced fresh onion

1 Tablespoon chili powder (more if you want it a little spicier)

Throw them all in a crock pot for about 6-7 hours

On 2/1/2020 at 11:56 AM, mjp28 said:

......Seriously though food is really subjective my brother is coming over in an hour or so and we haven't made anything yet because he's a vegetarian so we're going to just go to the store and put something together.   Normally we have a dinner ready when someone comes over.

But tomorrow's Super Bowl Sunday 54 GAMEDAY is still going to be some big beautiful rib eye steaks on 🔥 the grill.......ummmm.

Oh our rib eyes were great got them at Rulli's Italian grocery store in Boardman about a mile from us.  Great lunch meat, loads of cheese and about anything else you need to cook or bake.  Well marbleized and tender, plus a Sam Adams Boston Lager.....oh yeah.

.....and now a late night snack cheese, salami and crackers.....with ice cold diet Coke.

20200202_161436.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well I had my homemade chili for dinner with fresh green beans with real half fried bacon bits for a snack during the first half. 

1 can Goya pinto beans---WHAAT? in TEXAS? BEANS in chili? 

Bill, You're goin' to hell for sure! :rolleyes:

Mike

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

1 can Goya pinto beans

Wow I thought Contadina went OOB.. Glad to see they're still around.. They were and are still my fave brand of sauce.

7 minutes ago, nickers said:

Wow I thought Contadina went OOB.. Glad to see they're still around.. They were and are still my fave brand of sauce.

Oh yes one of our favorites and available all around us in NE Ohio.  Just go to their website and check it out.

Screenshot_2020-02-02_235257.jpg