THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

Labor Day GAMEDAY or just party or picnic meals?

We did something slightly different this year, Saturday we cooked up a pack of Ballpark hot dogs and had them Saturday, Sunday and Monday with the usual picnic fare macroni salad, potato salad, green beans, chips etc.

SO any special BROWNS game 1 GAMEDAY meals planned this week?

GO BROWNS!

29 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Once upon I time, if I recall, they used to play real NFL games on Labor Day.   The Labor Day weekend used to be week 1.   Not sure why they chose to back up the schedule for a week.    CBA rules?

Labor Day was at it's near earliest this year that is part of the scheduling process:

2020 Mon Sep 7 Labor Day Federal Holiday

2021 Mon Sep 6 Labor Day Federal Holiday

2022 Mon Sep 5 Labor Day Federal Holiday

2023 Mon Sep 4 Labor Day Federal Holiday

2024 Mon Sep 2 Labor Day Federal Holiday. <--- next one

2025 Mon Sep 1 Labor Day Federal Holiday

The National Football League (NFL) regular season begins on the weekend following the first Monday of September (i.e, the weekend following the Labor Day holiday) and ends in December or early January. It consists of 256 games, where each team (32 total) plays 16 games during a 17-week period. Since 2012, the NFL schedule generally has games in one of five time slots during the week. The first game of the week is played on Thursday night, kicking off at 8:20 PM (ET). The majority of games are played on Sunday, most kicking off at 1:00 PM (ET), some late afternoon games starting at 4:05 or 4:25 PM (ET). Additionally, one Sunday night game is played every week at 8:20 PM (ET). One Monday night game then starts at 8:15 PM (ET) every week with the exception of the first week of the regular season, in which two Monday night games are played back-to-back (the second game always occurring on the West coast), as well as the last week of the season, in which no Monday night game is held. In addition to these regularly scheduled games, there are occasionally games at other times, such as a Saturday afternoon or evening, or the annual Thanksgiving Day games in which three games are played. During the final week of the regular season, all games are held on Sunday.

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

We did something slightly different this year, Saturday we cooked up a pack of Ballpark hot dogs and had them Saturday, Sunday and Monday with the usual picnic fare macroni salad, potato salad, green beans, chips etc.

GO BROWNS!

Just needs the steel on steel clank of horseshoes being pitched. Screw that cornhole crap

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, mjp28 said:

GO BROWNS!

Dog bisquits? Oh wait, I have cats. T-bone steak maybe with a mess of fresh green beans n bacon.

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I will be traveling on Sunday....so it could be like  Arby's, Wendy's, McDs...or maybe in Missouri I can find a Culvers.

traveling...look up a Texas Roadhouse, our favorite place.

21 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Nice we have one a mile from our house and it is almost across the street from the Longhorn Steakhouse and not far from the Springfield Grille.

We're in the "restaurant alley" for places to eat in Boardman, Ohio.

56 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

The one I go to is the one down your way...in N. Canton.  I think there is another one in like Cuyahoga Falls or Stow, but we usually go to the Canton one. 

Maybe while I am there....in Lake Ozark Mo.  I can find one.....in fact, in checking, there is one in Columbia Mo.   which is about 70 miles from where I will be, but we will be going on a day trip there....so maybe it is an idea to stop there for dinner.

Thanks for the suggestion.  

Of course, when I travel, I often like to go to places that I cannot get to around here.  It is why I mentioned Culver's  (though...not there is one in Avon....but that is a long drive).    Sometimes I have gotten Whattaburgers....not around here (but seems to be just like Burger King),  Jack in the Box? meh...basically Hardee's  In and Out?    You know...quick food.   But, mostly local restaurants, mom an pops.   For sit down prefer those usually to the chains....though sometimes....reliability does count.   I always know I can get decent coffee at McDonalds.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The one I go to is the one down your way...in N. Canton.  I think there is another one in like Cuyahoga Falls or Stow, but we usually go to the Canton one. 

Maybe while I am there....in Lake Ozark Mo.  I can find one.....in fact, in checking, there is one in Columbia Mo.   which is about 70 miles from where I will be, but we will be going on a day trip there....so maybe it is an idea to stop there for dinner.

The Alliance one is the best - they just do everything perfectly, even the mushrooms are better. Hard to figure, but it seems that way to us.

6 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

The Alliance one is the best - they just do everything perfectly, even the mushrooms are better. Hard to figure, but it seems that way to us.

We LOVE the one in Alliance, not impressed with the one in North Canton. In fact, we have been to many in & out of Ohio. I made the statement once that Alliance may be best in Chain & was told it actually IS! Try it next time Gip...You'll not be sorry.

Mike

2 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

We LOVE the one in Alliance, not impressed with the one in North Canton. In fact, we have been to many in & out of Ohio. I made the statement once that Alliance may be best in Chain & was told it actually IS! Try it next time Gip...You'll not be sorry.

Mike

The next one I try may be out of state somewhere.

44 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Should be. It’s local to Warren Ohio. It’s unique with a nice garlic flavor. Greek Fried. Nice place for dine in or carry out. I rate it best I’ve had anywhere

It's harder than ever to find good old man & pa restaurants anymore a lot are getting run out of over by franchises. There are about 60 restaurants very close to us here in Boardman, Ohio and most are franchises.

Too bad we lose a lot when they close their doors.

We studied a lot about the food and other industries in our MBA program amazing how they work and the explosive growth of franchises many started here in Ohio.

Want to know how to get in one check out sites like https://www.franchise.com

Anything you can imagine is there.

Speaking of GAMEDAY foods unless you make it at home you will get it somewhere, at franchises.com under food in Ohio there are plenty like:

Screenshot_2019-09-05_104201.jpg

12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well....where I am from is called the "Fried Chicken Capital of the World":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barberton_chicken

Screenshot_2019-09-05_110047.jpg

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Man I love me some Barberton chicken... and their vinegar cole slaw.... and their hot rice... 

Definitely GAMEDAY food maybe the BROWNS game 1?