THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Here the real enemy is the whitetail deer that has a tendency to jump in front of headlights. I went over my motorcycle one night only doing 30 when a suicidal kamikaze deer jumped out of woods right in front. I used both brakes but just before I thought I would hit him I put too much front brake on and over I went. MFer got away without even an impact while me and the bike went on sliding down the road. About two months ago the biggest buck I ever saw in this area jumped in front of me and I barely missed him with a quick move to the paved shoulder behind him. Otherwise he would have wrecked the front end of a new car at the very least. The braking swerve sure woke up my sleeping son in the passenger seat.😂😴

Deer Whistles will work for you Bill. Inexpensive & they DO work. I put them on all Family vehicles years ago & we all can testify to multiple times where they worked. No hit deer in our Family since I started using them. I get mine at Auto Zone.

Mike 

On 6/5/2019 at 2:40 PM, Canton Mike said:

Deer Whistles will work for you Bill. Inexpensive & they DO work. I put them on all Family vehicles years ago & we all can testify to multiple times where they worked. No hit deer in our Family since I started using them. I get mine at Auto Zone.

Mike 

I always wondered if those things really worked....... unless you were in the mood for some road kill venison..........ummmmmm venison. 

I could go for some with gravy and onions and mashed potatoes or grilled.   :P

Mike 

I've read mixed reviews of them.

Mike 

11 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I've read mixed reviews of them.

So did I, but after hitting deer twice in a month years ago (Dec 2005), I figured I would try them on all Family vehicles. Not one of us has hit deer since & every one of us can give multiple examples of deer stopping & occasionally reversing. Believe me, at 7 bucks or less a pair, they're worth it.

Mixed reviews?....I was asked by another DW fan how many negative reviews may have been from body shops. Just a thought, but my experience is just that...EXPERIENCE! Try 'em.

Mike

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

So did I, but after hitting deer twice in a month years ago (Dec 2005), I figured I would try them on all Family vehicles. Not one of us has hit deer since & every one of us can give multiple examples of deer stopping & occasionally reversing. Believe me, at 7 bucks or less a pair, they're worth it.

Mixed reviews?....I was asked by another DW fan how many negative reviews may have been from body shops. Just a thought, but my experience is just hat...EXPERIENCE! Try 'em.

Mike

Might try em, whats to lose but a few bucks.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Might try em, whats to lose but a few bucks.

With deer whistles, you need to be at 35mph or more for them to be effective. First time I experienced them working was on a dirt road headed to fish the Au Sable River in Grayling Mich in 2006. My fishing buddy asked why a deer stopped in the road ahead. I told him I thought it was my deer whistles. I slowed as deer are usually in pairs (or more) & when I got down in the low 20s, not only did the deer in the road run off, but we saw the white tail of the 2nd deer (which had already crossed the road) as it took off too.

You won't regret the purchase.

Mike

8 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

With deer whistles, you need to be at 35mph or more for them to be effective. First time I experienced them working was on a dirt road headed to fish the Au Sable River in Grayling Mich in 2006. My fishing buddy asked why a deer stopped in the road ahead. I told him I thought it was my deer whistles. I slowed as deer are usually in pairs (or more) & when I got down in the low 20s, not only did the deer in the road run off, but we saw the white tail of the 2nd deer (which had already crossed the road) as it took off too.

Mike

I sold that motorcycle and got one with interlocking linked brake systems that do both front and rear brakes equally regardless of which lever you use. I also added deer whistles. Seemed to catch their attention long enough for me to slow down.

On 6/6/2019 at 8:49 PM, Canton Mike said:

Mike

Actually, Canton Mike told me the same thing - and I put em on our truck. The deer whistles didn't work - A week later, I got run over by a deer. I was kinda mad at Canton Mike over that, but it's kinda my fault - the truck was parked at the house, and I was hiking way out back in the woods at the time....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Actually, Canton Mike told me the same thing - and I put em on our truck. The deer whistles didn't work - A week later, I got run over by a deer. I was kinda mad at Canton Mike over that, but it's kinda my fault - the truck was parked at the house, and I was hiking way out back in the woods at the time....

Were you whistling at the time? Try that next time out.🤣

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2019 at 7:41 AM, mjp28 said:

Yeah I'm hoping to be out by early to mid-June, this one was a real ass kicker, surgery 4/3 and a month in bed and two months on some nasty IV antibiotics now rehab!

And no showers allowed just bed baths with nurses........what a bitch! :lol:

damnit man get well I am looking forward to some new game day winning recipes 

On 6/23/2019 at 1:02 PM, ATOM said:

damnit man get well I am looking forward to some new game day winning recipes 

I am trying like hell to be out just before or slightly after the 4th of July holiday.

Any special plans for next Thursday? Cookouts?

photo-1508615263227-c5d58c1e5821

15 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I am trying like hell to be out just before or slightly after the 4th of July holiday.

Any special plans for next Thursday? Cookouts?

photo-1508615263227-c5d58c1e5821

doing a cookout with some family I have know idea what is on the menu but it will be good times

hope you can enjoy the weekend at home

• 3 weeks later...

Sunday July 14, 2019 Twins at Indians 1 pm.

At 2 pm rib eyes on the grill and baked potatoes  with the works, big garden salad ~and a Sam Adams Boston Lager~ oh yeah. 

GAMEDAY food is back! ;)

44 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Sunday July 14, 2019 Twins at Indians 1 pm.

At 2 pm rib eyes on the grill and baked potatoes  with the works, big garden salad ~and a Sam Adams Boston Lager~ oh yeah. 

GAMEDAY food is back! ;)

Red Lobster day with a $50 gift card with the wife followed by a shot plus of Diplomatico at home in a new rum snifter my son gave me for Father's Day. Watched the Astros hold off the Rangers in the second nailbiter in two days.🤗

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Red Lobster day with a $50 gift card with the wife followed by a shot plus of Diplomatico at home in a new rum snifter my son gave me for Father's Day. Watched the Astros hold off the Rangers in the second nailbiter in two days.🤗

Sounds good, we take ALL of our VISA reward points as restaurant gift cards for gifts or our treats have about $300 in my drawer now. Ummmmm, need to get busy on those.

Had a really good GAMEDAY meal before yesterday's INDIANS game, sirloin steakburgers about 1/3 pounders on the grill with American cheese lettuce and whatever, baked beans, potato salad and my weak moment treat plain ol' potato chips to snack on during the game......I could eat a bag full of them but have to quit.

Sometimes simple can be nice. The grillin' life.  :D

......oh we haven't had one our favorites Wedgewood Pizza since maybe February, on the list plus a pile of unused gift cards to The Olive Garden and others maybe a Sunday GAMEDAY meal.

Edited by mjp28

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Had a really good GAMEDAY meal before yesterday's INDIANS game, sirloin steakburgers about 1/3 pounders on the grill with American cheese lettuce and whatever, baked beans, potato salad and my weak moment treat plain ol' potato chips to snack on during the game......I could eat a bag full of them but have to quit.

Sometimes simple can be nice. The grillin' life.  :D

......oh we haven't had one our favorites Wedgewood Pizza since maybe February, on the list plus a pile of unused gift cards to The Olive Garden and others maybe a Sunday GAMEDAY meal.

Tell me where to be and I will help you use those Olive Garden gift certificates. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I can't believe the Itpaalians out in the Mahoning Valley haven't firebombed Olive Gardens... 😁

But everyone else is filling up the parking lot it's always packed!

And we know that you can not beat the good ol' ma & pa restaurants in the MV area. (see the MV pizza cook-off for some names)  :)

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 / 11:49 AM EDT / Updated: Mar 25, 2019 / 11:51 AM EDT

The winners of the 10th Annual Mahoning Valley Pizza Cook-off were announced Monday.

Pizzerias across the Valley competed in various categories. The winners are listed below:

Traditional – Uptown Pizza

Gourmet – Pizza Joe’s

No-Red – Bruno Bros. 

Brier Hill – Belleria

People’s Choice Award – Cocca’s Pizza

Maestro di Cucina – Bruno Bros.

Cocca’s, Bruno Bros. and Belleria also received special recognition for being in the event for 10 years. 

Potential Development hosts the event every year. The program provides educational services for students with autism and is the school’s signature fundraiser. 

The event was held Sunday at Mr. Anthony’s in Boardman. 

Storm Team 27 meteorologist Alex George was a guest judge at the event. 

pizza_cookoff_39767985_ver1.0.jpg

On 3/3/2019 at 1:33 PM, mjp28 said:

Need some quick and cheap GAMEDAY food?    (I can hear Dutch getting his car keys now. :lol: )

Screenshot_2019-03-03-13-29-07.png

Screenshot_2019-03-03-13-29-01.png

Screenshot_2019-03-03-13-29-39.png

Well now that I'm off of all of that healthy hospital food back to good ol' GAMEDAY food.

MLB is still in full swing and what's better than some hot dogs with the game as the TRIBE is trying to recapture first place!

........high school football starts in just five weeks!

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't eat there that frequently....but I would love for mjp to send me his OG gift certs. so that I can use them here locally.  My wife would appreciate it more than I.

Just from my desk drawer most all are $50s and not the ones in my wife's purse or the ones I have not sent for yet.

Give me your number and I will fax you a few.       ;)

IMG_20190720_202929.jpg

On 3/3/2019 at 1:33 PM, mjp28 said:

Screenshot_2019-03-03-13-29-07.png

Screenshot_2019-03-03-13-29-01.png

OK cooking god's..Help!!. Carolina's don't have a good hot dog shack for Jack! When i landed in NC the first day, leaving OH-io,  I pull into a place called Weiner Works..Order up 2 footlongs, "all the way". Should i be scrapping soggy coleslaw off them bad boyz? Yuck!(what's up with them pink colored dogs?YAck!)  Next.. this pic above^^ same as NC... chilli "Juice" Where's the minced beef/burger? Even our local can chilli dawg sauce suck, same juice..H E L P! bring back the meat, like dive places like Pete's & $1.50 drafts.. https://www.yelp.com/biz/pete-s-hot-dog-oregon    

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Traditional – Uptown Pizza

Gourmet – Pizza Joe’s

No-Red – Bruno Bros. 

Brier Hill – Belleria

People’s Choice Award – Cocca’s Pizza

Maestro di Cucina – Bruno Bros.

pizza_cookoff_39767985_ver1.0.jpg

Carolina Pizza..Sucks too!! Plain/bland tomato paste to match it's bland cardboard crust..Dominoes? the worse!! Our local mall has our 1 good Italian/Greek pie Maker with real recipe dust & the Mall is closing it's doors in a week :o..I may get the typing shakes with no Stromboli Saturday's? We got tired of the Hut's & Inns of the Pizza world long ago.. Anybody tried the Motor City Pizzas from Walmart? $5.99 It's not as horrid as any pizza place in NC..soon to get worse...  yep, my final Rant of the week before football.F00D, thanks & i'll be taking any advice to my local store selves for the taste test  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

OK cooking god's..Help!!. Carolina's don't have a good hot dog shack for Jack! When i landed in NC the first day, leaving OH-io,  I pull into a place called Weiner Works..Order up 2 footlongs, "all the way". Should i be scrapping soggy coleslaw off them bad boyz? Yuck!(what's up with them pink colored dogs?YAck!)  Next.. this pic above^^ same as NC... chilli "Juice" Where's the minced beef/burger? Even our local can chilli dawg sauce suck, same juice..H E L P! bring back the meat..

Carolina Pizza..Sucks too!! Plain/bland tomato paste to match it's bland cardboard crust..Dominoes? the worse!! Our local mall has our 1 good Italian/Greek pie Maker with real recipe dust & the Mall is closing it's doors in a week :o..I may get the typing shakes with no Stromboli Saturday's? We got tired of the Hut's & Inns of the Pizza world long ago.. Anybody tried the Motor City Pizzas from Walmart? $5.99 It's not as horrid as any pizza place in NC..soon to get worse...  yep, my final Rant of the week before football.F00D, thanks & i'll be taking any advice to my local store selves for the taste test  

If you're not in the Raleigh- Durham metropolis or maybe Winston- Salem, I'd agree you're SOL. Mustard is one of the many things I don't like- so Carolina barbecue that's mustard based is a no-go for me. 

BTW, as to hot dogs- those "World Famous" hot dogs they serve up at Tony Packos in Toledo are layered in some of their meat sauce, onions and cheese optional.  I just order 'em up plain, but the wife (Toledo native) orders 'em with the works. But really order some "to go" and a few hours later you have a soggy mess that I wouldn't touch. PS Packos does serve up a pretty tasty roast beef hot shot. 

Family in Toledo still loves Packo's..Late father loved Pete's on starr ave. in Oregon..So at the wake? we had both...see, i did get to 8 months later before rant :D   

• Upvote 2

We were in Traverse City, MI & Indian River, MI a few weeks ago. Stopped at Tony Packo's (Jamie Farr was there a few days prior) & also Tony's in Birch Run, MI (one of my "bucket list" destinations) for that BLT with a pound of bacon on it. Ate 1/2 there & 1/2 the next day. Next year I'll get it on rye. LOL

kJHwGP1DVHOQ9IqNyddwRB5ss3z_uagjjvQQ5zbU1T02PUc1NfaGMyBw_Zxk8mR27tTHhkFIAFp1sUUIya_1n9A7xgMoOShcH9yrTB9PEPnvqjhx2PYey4MbHt5-2kn7GjU7kyFZCxLFl6n55hLk9ODo2hcGVzrObgGSrQPK4g2Wv-tvmPicfS9rdFP3TR3rKE5W9U4Lkx0iijcxFJuKZ-jYIjeFh5wmbrLtEmh_Zy1gQqaEcAKe-2OQXrjHITN-FvaEjaA1WsIfDYzILpenl4b3Yk3qsY-idWYM8UlxU76Gqi7uzKmuPHQDig2hO2irlLADX4GQvVAtE-gN-4s6ZV27flxTABSVSQXv4CgZouIjTJPNKv3sqFDHJPCALL5mrUqTI94z8s4XXrErbeQv6oVWLQwa3epLmSmV9gO-j9LdH48MzKTxxuE4-68gjQyfNhgwPl_8drUYKnvqLq0_rz_HwQ1ecTXa5LYqjY2uWk1GR3sNSw_VZlWEzu_0z4u2fN-q-aEO_7FSV0jeZZmlvUs8pjryE70Hx_2nIFXYuQEaRUTCiuJezWIuvUHJCedGy0tA36kb3GfWSyMWXV6ZVNPR7QB98t9_BnACD7lF4oV1tg4Y3tECYr8bxZ8AT31R_iUGzYcwdpHLOB1LxJ0EtBVbwpZ5j3I=w416-h554-no

Mike

12 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

We were in Traverse City, MI & Indian River, MI a few weeks ago. Stopped at Tony Packo's (Jamie Farr was there a few days prior) & also Tony's in Birch Run, MI (one of my "bucket list" destinations) for that BLT with a pound of bacon on it. Ate 1/2 there & 1/2 the next day. Next year I'll get it on rye. LOL

kJHwGP1DVHOQ9IqNyddwRB5ss3z_uagjjvQQ5zbU1T02PUc1NfaGMyBw_Zxk8mR27tTHhkFIAFp1sUUIya_1n9A7xgMoOShcH9yrTB9PEPnvqjhx2PYey4MbHt5-2kn7GjU7kyFZCxLFl6n55hLk9ODo2hcGVzrObgGSrQPK4g2Wv-tvmPicfS9rdFP3TR3rKE5W9U4Lkx0iijcxFJuKZ-jYIjeFh5wmbrLtEmh_Zy1gQqaEcAKe-2OQXrjHITN-FvaEjaA1WsIfDYzILpenl4b3Yk3qsY-idWYM8UlxU76Gqi7uzKmuPHQDig2hO2irlLADX4GQvVAtE-gN-4s6ZV27flxTABSVSQXv4CgZouIjTJPNKv3sqFDHJPCALL5mrUqTI94z8s4XXrErbeQv6oVWLQwa3epLmSmV9gO-j9LdH48MzKTxxuE4-68gjQyfNhgwPl_8drUYKnvqLq0_rz_HwQ1ecTXa5LYqjY2uWk1GR3sNSw_VZlWEzu_0z4u2fN-q-aEO_7FSV0jeZZmlvUs8pjryE70Hx_2nIFXYuQEaRUTCiuJezWIuvUHJCedGy0tA36kb3GfWSyMWXV6ZVNPR7QB98t9_BnACD7lF4oV1tg4Y3tECYr8bxZ8AT31R_iUGzYcwdpHLOB1LxJ0EtBVbwpZ5j3I=w416-h554-no

Mike

Where's the tamater?🍅

24 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike

11 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Where's the tamater?🍅

One slice of tomato is visible in the picture, & there was another slice or 2 under all that bacon. They also serve it with an xtra cup of mayo. I asked for "light lettuce".

Mike

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

If you're not in the Raleigh- Durham metropolis or maybe Winston- Salem, I'd agree you're SOL. Mustard is one of the many things I don't like- so Carolina barbecue that's mustard based is a no-go for me. 

BTW, as to hot dogs- those "World Famous" hot dogs they serve up at Tony Packos in Toledo are layered in some of their meat sauce, onions and cheese optional.  I just order 'em up plain, but the wife (Toledo native) orders 'em with the works. But really order some "to go" and a few hours later you have a soggy mess that I wouldn't touch. PS Packos does serve up a pretty tasty roast beef hot shot. 

I hate Tony Packos.  That's not a hot dog for one.