Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
medicineman

Zane Gonzalez

Recommended Posts

Can anybody explain why this nut job is still on the team? I remember in the off season the media said this guy is set out to prove he is second to none. Now it is safe to say that the entire team is making mistakes and not playing good but the kicker IMO is something that you should never have to think twice about. We have to consider even going for it on 4th down because this guy has a 30% chance of making a 30 yard fg. Every other teams kicker is just about automatic from that range but not our guy, We need to drop this guy and sign a FA, there has got to be more than a dozen vets who are out of work who would love to get back on the field. Everybody said this was the best kicker in the draft, Well I find that hard to believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, medicineman said:

Can anybody explain why this nut job is still on the team? I remember in the off season the media said this guy is set out to prove he is second to none. Now it is safe to say that the entire team is making mistakes and not playing good but the kicker IMO is something that you should never have to think twice about. We have to consider even going for it on 4th down because this guy has a 30% chance of making a 30 yard fg. Every other teams kicker is just about automatic from that range but not our guy, We need to drop this guy and sign a FA, there has got to be more than a dozen vets who are out of work who would love to get back on the field. Everybody said this was the best kicker in the draft, Well I find that hard to believe.

The only reason that comes to me is that he must have a up anal side.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I miss you so much

 

20121219_kkt_ar7_665.0.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, medicineman said:

Can anybody explain why this nut job is still on the team? I remember in the off season the media said this guy is set out to prove he is second to none. Now it is safe to say that the entire team is making mistakes and not playing good but the kicker IMO is something that you should never have to think twice about. We have to consider even going for it on 4th down because this guy has a 30% chance of making a 30 yard fg. Every other teams kicker is just about automatic from that range but not our guy, We need to drop this guy and sign a FA, there has got to be more than a dozen vets who are out of work who would love to get back on the field. Everybody said this was the best kicker in the draft, Well I find that hard to believe.

Talk to me in a couple years when he's in the top 3 K in the league

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

Talk to me in a couple years when he's in the top 3 K in the league

You better be right. 

In the last 5 games this dude has missed 4 field goals and at least 1 extra point. 

Complete sh it sandwich right now.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am i missing something? Was this guy supposed to be the next lou groza? What makes anyone think that this guy will be the top kicker in thebleague in 3 years? And shoyld we give a Shmuck if he's going to Shmuck over the team for said 3 years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesnt the holder take any responsibility in this?...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

Talk to me in a couple years when he's in the top 3 K in the league

A couple years? Since when does the NFL have to give a KICKER time to develop? A kicker should be ready at moments notice period. Talk to you in a couple years give me a break, This guy should not even be in the NCAA as far as most of us are concerned.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, nickers said:

Doesnt the holder take any responsibility in this?...

Ray Finkle? Is that you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason I can see the leash this guy is getting is because they drafted him.

Dude seriously killed momentum in the Vikings game more than once. 

He shanked that 26 yarder that a high school kid would call a chip shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, medicineman said:

Can anybody explain why this nut job is still on the team? I remember in the off season the media said this guy is set out to prove he is second to none. Now it is safe to say that the entire team is making mistakes and not playing good but the kicker IMO is something that you should never have to think twice about. We have to consider even going for it on 4th down because this guy has a 30% chance of making a 30 yard fg. Every other teams kicker is just about automatic from that range but not our guy, We need to drop this guy and sign a FA, there has got to be more than a dozen vets who are out of work who would love to get back on the field. Everybody said this was the best kicker in the draft, Well I find that hard to believe.

Because he won the Groza award as the best college kicker? Doesn't necessarily mean anything, as Martin "Automatica" Grammatica won it too, and he was far less than automatic in the pros.(was drafted even higher than Gonzalez, 3rd round IIRC) Gonzalez was kept over Parkey solely because of his superior distance on kickoffs. 

PS Heard we're going to have some kicker auditions during the bye week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Ray Finkle? Is that you?

Didn't wear his proper accoutrements?

Transvestite-Clothing-font-b-Fake-b-font

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is odd that he's struggling. Tampa bay cut Aguyayo, another highly rated kicker that won the Groza Award too.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

Talk to me in a couple years when he's in the top 3 K in the league

He can be a top 3 kicker elsewhere then. Not sure if you have noticed but we aren't an offensive juggernaut right now. There are plenty of times where an missed field goal or XP can change a W to an L. Of all the Sheet thats hard to find we should be able to get someone more consistent as a kicker, i mean FFS its a kicker we are talking about here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Now..Kickers have hot wives too;)..Ok, it's the Bye Week so I have spanned the Globe on Kick lickers. Get your Paper footballs ready..It's The Jets fault & Ghoolies..But Hey, The Bengals are the real losers..Only 2 Kickers got Drafted in 17. The best Rookie Kicker so far, turns out to be once playing in Ghoolie's back yard, kicking over wires & between telephone poles in Memphis,Tenn..Jake Elliott..(once treasured as a projected 7th rounder) the BenGals grabbed Jake in Rd.5(153). He sucked so bad in Ohio air at camp that Bengals traded Elliott to Eagles(awe yes the sour piss air of Pennsylvania) Elliott is 16 of 19 84.2% FG's..XP-18 of 20=90%..Stick to scouting Kickers Ghools:P..Ah yes, this here Zane feller. c' amigo.(once treasured as a projected 3 or 4th rounder) We traded with the Jets our 5th(181) & 6th(188) to receive a 4th(160) T-Rod Johnson & gained a 7th(224) to grab K-Zane Gonzalez. Zane is 7 of 11-63.6% FG% 12 of 13 on XP 92.3%..It's ok to draft the top rated K'er in the 7th round..but what the FO/Tabor decides to do on a young struggling K'er could turn out to be Bengal'lish..Man, we have all had enough of Bengal'ish this Week:ph34r:       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

He can be a top 3 kicker elsewhere then. Not sure if you have noticed but we aren't an offensive juggernaut right now. There are plenty of times where an missed field goal or XP can change a W to an L. Of all the Sheet thats hard to find we should be able to get someone more consistent as a kicker, i mean FFS its a kicker we are talking about here

I don't get it. The Chargers had Koo, and he was young. He did bad like one game or something and they cut him and found a better kicker.

There's plenty of legit kickers, I think they just want a young one to grow with "the process". Maybe they're hoping Zane will be good in 2-3 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No real rush to boot the kicker.  We're 0-8.  

If they wanna give him a chance to learn how to kick under NFL pressure...fine.  If they wanna go find another one...fine.   We're 0-8.

What's the worse that can happen?  We lose a game because of the kicker?   Doesn't seem like we'll get that close in a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Orion said:

No real rush to boot the kicker.  We're 0-8.  

If they wanna give him a chance to learn how to kick under NFL pressure...fine.  If they wanna go find another one...fine.   We're 0-8.

What's the worse that can happen?  We lose a game because of the kicker?   Doesn't seem like we'll get that close in a game.

And he did kick all three in our 12-9 loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm I think I'll have a Cheese burger!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phil Dawson only made 66% of his kicks his rookie year, glad we didn't cut him. Just sayin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Parkey misses the extra point for Miami.:lol:

6-3 Miami over Oak @ 10:37 to go in the 2nd period.

And then recovers his own onside kick.  LOL!:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×