THE BROWNS BOARD

Another moan, this time the media

LondonBrown

A big problem for the Browns is...Cleveland. 

I ask you please don’t misunderstand me because it’s not the place. I have been to Cleveland twice and I love it. I’ve been all over Europe and the friendliest people I have ever met (especially a young black lady in a bar on E 4th) were in Cleveland. 

Cleveland isn’t a big place. If you’re a local writer or reporter hoping to make it big, you need exposure first. How will you get it? Here goes....

The problem s the media and their influence. Imagine the Browns are like 8-8 on average every year. What good does that do the local media? Nothing. They have very little to offer anybody if the Browns are average. They will be another Florida team nobody cares about. 

So, what if the Browns are brilliant? Well then I’m sure the phone ins etc would be popular. The national media would be interested and therefore send their people down to cover it. I’m sure ESPN Cleveland would get its fair share but they’re the daily hod carriers really and nothing more. 

But what if the Browns are terrible? Well then the local reporters are now the people to go when the national big guys want to run the story of a shambles. They fill an interview on tv or radio “here is local beat writer” and bam, they’re outside of Ohio and beyond. All of a sudden they can be a household name.

And it’s clear to me that’s what the local media want. They want the Browns to be bad. I listened to the phone ins live for a few years (can’t seem to get them any longer) and it was crazy, now you only have to look at the twitter accounts of the reporters. Honestly have a look, a lot of them just collectively laugh at childish insults of people in the building. And much of this started when their proven leak (the drunk coach) was let go.  

They just do not care. They gain nothing by the Browns winning and a lot by the Browns losing. Radio hosts and news writers don’t pick players in drafts, but they are much more influential than people think. And they play on it to the detriment of the organisation.

They are selfish and they are poison and 90% of them do not want the Browns to be successful. Why would they? It would hurt their career. 

Now if the Browns actually turned it around and became a playoff team those same media people would be very popular because of the turnaround story. Worked with the Cavs and the Tribe. I don't buy the clown Brown story as the only one that can gain the local media attention/career moves.

Complete nonsense.

The problem with the Browns is not the media. It is not the fans.

It's the fact that the Browns, since coming back into the NFL in 1999, have been consistently incompetent in acquiring quality players.

Especially quality quarterbacks.

7 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

I ask you please don’t misunderstand me because it’s not the place. I have been to Cleveland twice and I love it. I’ve been all over Europe and the friendliest people I have ever met (especially a young black lady in a bar on E 4th) were in Cleveland. 

Cleveland isn’t a big place. If you’re a local writer or reporter hoping to make it big, you need exposure first. How will you get it? Here goes....

The problem s the media and their influence. Imagine the Browns are like 8-8 on average every year. What good does that do the local media? Nothing. They have very little to offer anybody if the Browns are average. They will be another Florida team nobody cares about. 

So, what if the Browns are brilliant? Well then I’m sure the phone ins etc would be popular. The national media would be interested and therefore send their people down to cover it. I’m sure ESPN Cleveland would get its fair share but they’re the daily hod carriers really and nothing more. 

But what if the Browns are terrible? Well then the local reporters are now the people to go when the national big guys want to run the story of a shambles. They fill an interview on tv or radio “here is local beat writer” and bam, they’re outside of Ohio and beyond. All of a sudden they can be a household name.

And it’s clear to me that’s what the local media want. They want the Browns to be bad. I listened to the phone ins live for a few years (can’t seem to get them any longer) and it was crazy, now you only have to look at the twitter accounts of the reporters. Honestly have a look, a lot of them just collectively laugh at childish insults of people in the building. And much of this started when their proven leak (the drunk coach) was let go.  

They just do not care. They gain nothing by the Browns winning and a lot by the Browns losing. Radio hosts and news writers don’t pick players in drafts, but they are much more influential than people think. And they play on it to the detriment of the organisation.

They are selfish and they are poison and 90% of them do not want the Browns to be successful. Why would they? It would hurt their career. 

Ya, blame the fans for Haslam. 2,000,000 people here are sick of losing football for 20 years and you blame them. ?????????????????????????????

Sports time Ohio

Fox Ohio

ABC CBS NBC Fox Cleveland

ABC CBS NBC FOX Youngstown

Plain Dealer, News Herald, Vindicator, Tribune, Beacon Journal, Repository....newspapers

These are the local media that covers the Browns without needing to access the internet. It's where I get info on the team. All these outlets have reporters that visit and talk to players, coaches and FO. Most are pretty good, accurate and fans that want the team to do well. 

19 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Complete nonsense.

The problem with the Browns is not the media. It is not the fans.

It's the fact that the Browns, since coming back into the NFL in 1999, have been consistently incompetent in acquiring quality players.

Especially quality quarterbacks.

It is all on the people responsible for hiring quality coaches and front office personnel. Blaming the fans here is about a big a load of BS that has come down the pike in over 60 years

Aaron Goldhammer is the one whose career is built upon the Browns being bad. Goldhammer doesn’t make ya laugh and his takes are boring. While he may be unfunny and uninteresting, he’s not stupid. He understands that he still has to move the needle so to speak, so he trolls Browns and buckeye fans endlessly.  If the Browns are ever good he will have to play the role of the unfunny boring guy pretending he was rooting for the Browns all along which isn’t nearly as compelling as whipping these browns fans into a froth. 

9 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Last I heard is that ESPN is national. They just called the browns a complete and utter failure. It should be blow up and start over.

I guess it's alright coming from ESPN because it's not Ohio. 

2 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

Aaron Goldhammer is the one whose career is built upon the Browns being bad. Goldhammer doesn’t make ya laugh and his takes are boring. While he may be unfunny and uninteresting, he’s not stupid. He understands that he still has to move the needle so to speak, so he trolls Browns and buckeye fans endlessly.  If the Browns are ever good he will have to play the role of the unfunny boring guy pretending he was rooting for the Browns all along which isn’t nearly as compelling as whipping these browns fans into a froth. 

Goldhammer is atrocious and offers nothing.

11 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

This is fuyucking absurd.  You think the media has had some affect on how badly this team performs?  That is laughable. Cleveland is one of the LEAST media affected markets in this country.   Any of the larger towns have it much, much worse.

I mean, maybe you are taking Marshall McCluhan too seriously.   Here, the medium is not the message.....a suckass organization is the message....the media just relates it, in a way much more docilely than you would see in most other cities in the US.

4 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I know you guys don't care for mkc. But she actually talks to players routinely. None of you do.

Doug, you're mucking up your links! I couldn't open them yesterday either, so I fixed them. Your downloading an unopenable file somhow. To get them to work- if you're say on cleveland.com copy the address in the title bar. Then come back here and in your post there's an icon up top next to B I U that looks like a paper clip. Click on it, hit paste in the URL box and insert into post.

If you need more help PM me.

4 hours ago, darren15 said:

Link does not work

No kidding. It's an attached 113 byte file, not a link. You can probably go to cleveland.com and find the article, I don't have the time today to fix the links.

So some of you people are still gullible and need another 1.5 years of watching this inept FO to realize they're inept.. Got it...

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

Doug, you're mucking up your links! I couldn't open them yesterday either, so I fixed them. Your downloading an unopenable file somhow. To get them to work- if you're say on cleveland.com copy the address in the title bar. Then come back here and in your post there's an icon up top next to B I U that looks like a paper clip. Click on it, hit paste in the URL box and insert into post.

If you need more help PM me.

Thanks, I guess my tech skills show my age. I'll work on it. Bet I get it figured out before Stosh figures out a winning roster tho.lol

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:31 AM, RoyceRolls said:

Goldhammer is a patronizing dbag...pretends to be outraged at the browns situation when on the inside he is loving it. Pretends to want to see Cleveland sports teams to do well when he really doesn't. Pretends to be disappointed when Cleveland teams lose when on the inside he gloats to himself when they do.

Anyone should be able see right through that little twat, and some caller needs to call him out on it.

4 hours ago, StinkHole said:

Goldhammer is a patronizing dbag...pretends to be outraged at the browns situation when on the inside he is loving it. Pretends to want to see Cleveland sports teams to do well when he really doesn't. Pretends to be disappointed when Cleveland teams lose when on the inside he gloats to himself when they do.

Anyone should be able see right through that little twat, and some caller needs to call him out on it.

Possibly accurate.  It was at least for like his first 5 years on the air.  Maybe since then he has come around some though.

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Since 92.3 became a sports station, I think I've listened to 30 seconds on WKNR.

For every hour of WKNR, there's 10 minutes of content and 50 minutes of commercials, news tickers, weather updates, etc.

It is horrible with the commercials there.   It would be interesting to see an accurate accounting of how much time they really devote to things other than sports.   I know, on occasion that I would have them on on my way to the office....which is like 8.2 miles from my house.  If I turn it on somewhere near the top of the hour, I can practically go from home to the office and they will be on commercials etc. the entire time.

And I also wonder how they compare in this regard to 92.3.

Also...I have vowed to never buy the products that they push so hard with their commercials.  Bee bullshite,  windows, etc.    Though, there is one major exception:  ACME.  I worked for ACME for 5 years in college...and they DO have just about the best prices around on groceries.  Plus, the ACME spots that KNR runs are not as constant, voluminous, and obnoxious as a lot of their other ads.

I blame the media, for not being harder on the organization.  Can you imagine if the Giants went on a run like this?  No one asks difficult questions in the pressroom and Hue is allowed to play the same tune every week.  The team Shmucking stinks and has stunk for 10 years.  This is what floors me.  This team has won more than 5 games ONCE in the last 10 years, a stellar 7-9 record and fans keep the faith and blame everyone except for the players and front office.  The coaches and now the media are to blame, smh.

On 11/2/2017 at 11:28 PM, LondonBrown said:

Didn't have to read very much to know this was going to be dumbass post....... or a post by a dumbass???

5 hours ago, BaconHound said:

I blame the media, for not being harder on the organization.  Can you imagine if the Giants went on a run like this?  No one asks difficult questions in the pressroom and Hue is allowed to play the same tune every week.  The team Shmucking stinks and has stunk for 10 years.  This is what floors me.  This team has won more than 5 games ONCE in the last 10 years, a stellar 7-9 record and fans keep the faith and blame everyone except for the players and front office.  The coaches and now the media are to blame, smh.

So what do you recommend? Fire everyone every year instead of every two years? Yeah, that'd work. 

9 hours ago, wargograw said:

So what do you recommend? Fire everyone every year instead of every two years? Yeah, that'd work. 

Absolutely not I've gone on record as saying I think Hue and the front office should be brought back.  That the media can't ask direct questions.  Hue and Sashi don't have to answer questions but they should be asked.  Hue needs to be asked if a strong offensive line can overcome deficiencies in the WR and QB position.  Hue needs to be asked what players this offense needs to add to be successful.  Hue needs to be asked if the line was strengthened to the level many believe it was why are they not deeper.  Williams needs to be asked why Peppers is being asked to play a position that doesn't seem to match his skill set.  Sashi needs to be asked about the McCarron trade.  Sashi needs to be asked about Kenny Britt a high profile free agent.  Sashi needs to be asked how he'd evaluate the actual production of Coleman, Garrett, Peppers and Njoku and needs to be pressed on how they stack up against talent the Browns passed on.

Just because I don't want them fired doesn't mean they can put out any schit product and I have to blindly support it because they are my team. 

On 11/2/2017 at 11:28 PM, LondonBrown said:

it isn't just the media that wants to have the Browns fail. The Browns were screwed over in 99 as an expansion team,

and the whole biz of trying to build the team into a winner was screwed up over the years. The NFL apparently hated us

for demanding our team back, we can't catch a break from referees OR Goodhell. I posted this over on the other board,

to get comments there...but go over there and read up on goodhell and this whole, entire keoperschmuck mess.

7 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

it isn't just the media that wants to have the Browns fail. The Browns were screwed over in 99 as an expansion team,

and the whole biz of trying to build the team into a winner was screwed up over the years. The NFL apparently hated us

for demanding our team back, we can't catch a break from referees OR Goodhell. I posted this over on the other board,

to get comments there...but go over there and read up on goodhell and this whole, entire keoperschmuck mess.

Nonsense.

Stop playing the victim.

It's 2017, how the NFL gave the Browns little time to get started in '99 has NOTHING to do with this team today. It's not the referees fault, or Goodell's fault. The Browns are where they are today because they have done a poor job with acquiring talented players.

Archived