Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LondonBrown

Deshaun Watson torn ACL

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TopDawg31 said:

Wow

Sounds like something that could only happen to the Browns... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

We also passed on Hooker at 12 (much to many people’s anger) because of injury concerns and well, he’s blown out his knee for the second time in three years. 

If you can use hindsight for negatives I’ll use them for positives. That’s the rule people...

I would like to remind you of our OVERALL first round pick, and his inability to stay healthy.

It happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Sounds like something that could only happen to the Browns... 

Two teams that parrellel each other when it comes to QB'S,  unreal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I would like to remind you of our OVERALL first round pick, and his inability to stay healthy.

It happens.

Of course. But our FO has been bashed for one and not the other. People can’t have it both ways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

Of course. But our FO has been bashed for one and not the other. People can’t have it both ways. 

I would rather have a bunch of injured players WITH talent, than a bunch of healthy practice squad players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it sure is a shame that the Browns didn’t spend 2 first round picks on a guy that tore his ACL (for the second time) running on grass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Houston will bring home JM and never lose another game just to screw the Browns one more time.:rolleyes:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

Houston will bring home JM and never lose another game just to screw the Browns one more time.:rolleyes:

You mean JM will abandon his CFL aspirations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he'll be back and fine next year and the texans know they have their qb now.  Except for us getting a little better first round pick now, this is in no way makes the trade not a huge win for houston and we would still love to have watson to start next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

RG3 is fine then? 

wtf are you even talking about?  you may as well say "tom brady will be fine then after his acl tear" and that would be just as relevant.

Watson isn't some jitterbug running qb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm talking about you, nostradamus, saying he will be fine. You have no idea either way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being happy a guy like that gets a horrible injury in practice = nothing but class.

Did you throw a party when Bridgewater went down too? 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Throwing a party or starting a discussion about it on a message board? Grow up man jeez.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But FWIW I really couldnt care less if he got injured or not, thousands of people get injured at work every single day. Just because one happens to be a pro sportsman doesnt affect me like I am sure any work related issues I may suffer wouldn't affect the rest of the world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I'm talking about you, nostradamus, saying he will be fine. You have no idea either way. 

London there is no point in wasting your breath talking to Taco.  

Dude actually bitched about the Browns having success running the ball picking up 4-5 yards a carry when they should be passing the ball.... in the first half of a 3 point game.

 Also said run defense doesn't mean a thing in the NFL because when you stop the other team from running it just encourages them to pass....

Just move on with your life and skip past the posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

Being happy a guy like that gets a horrible injury in practice = nothing but class.

Did you throw a party when Bridgewater went down too? 

 

 

 

When Twatwater went down I know more than a few people that were high fiving. 

High class dress wearing fu ck and his "so glad I didn't get drafted by the Browns" comment can limp around the rest of his career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved watching Watson this year and my heart hurts for him. If there's a silver lining for us, we have their 1st and 2nd rounders, and they're going to be A LOT higher now. We could literally be picking first (duh) and then #8 or #9. That's freaking crazy. 

Unfortunately for us, there is no Myles Garrett or QB savior coming out this year (in my opinion). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

wtf are you even talking about?  you may as well say "tom brady will be fine then after his acl tear" and that would be just as relevant.

Watson isn't some jitterbug running qb.

It doesn’t matter if he’s a running QB or not (running has always been part of his game) he tore his ACL without contact, just running on grass (something every qb has to do). That’s also the second time he’s torn an ACL.

Watson is a QB who has less than ideal size, depends on mobility and has 2 ACL tears by the age of 22.... anything is possible, but the odds aren’t in Deshaun’s favor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, hx214 said:

When Twatwater went down I know more than a few people that were high fiving. 

High class dress wearing fu ck and his "so glad I didn't get drafted by the Browns" comment can limp around the rest of his career. 

Newsflash : NOBODY wants to get drafted by the Browns. Especially now. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RoyceRolls said:

It doesn’t matter if he’s a running QB or not (running has always been part of his game) he tore his ACL without contact, just running on grass (something every qb has to do). That’s also the second time he’s torn an ACL.

Watson is a QB who has less than ideal size, depends on mobility and has 2 ACL tears by the age of 22.... anything is possible, but the odds aren’t in Deshaun’s favor.

Steve Young was saying that Andrew Luck is likely never going to be the same after his shoulder issues. Said  he's just taken too much punishment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a tough game. Luckily for us the guy who couldn’t put any kind of talent around Andrew Luck is working for the Browns now /pink text

FIFY, your friendly Moderation crew.  :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

 

Unfortunately for us, there is no ... QB savior coming out this year (in my opinion). 

Seems like everybody every year says that until we pass up one of them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RoyceRolls said:

It doesn’t matter if he’s a running QB or not (running has always been part of his game) he tore his ACL without contact, just running on grass (something every qb has to do). That’s also the second time he’s torn an ACL.

Watson is a QB who has less than ideal size, depends on mobility and has 2 ACL tears by the age of 22.... anything is possible, but the odds aren’t in Deshaun’s favor.

If he reinjured the same knee, I'd tend to agree. Who knows? We might have dodged a bullet not taking him. I can't even begin to imagine the woe is us wailing around here if we HAD drafted him, he was lighting it up for the Browns, and then POW! ACL tear.   

1 hour ago, SD_Tom said:

Steve Young was saying that Andrew Luck is likely never going to be the same after his shoulder issues. Said  he's just taken too much punishment 

That's another thing- if Andy is still having pain in the repaired shoulder, he might have a shortened career. And Luck isn't exactly a midget either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hoorta said:

If he reinjured the same knee, I'd tend to agree. Who knows? We might have dodged a bullet not taking him. I can't even begin to imagine the woe is us wailing around here if we HAD drafted him, he was lighting it up for the Browns, and then POW! ACL tear.   

That's another thing- if Andy is still having pain in the repaired shoulder, he might have a shortened career. And Luck isn't exactly a midget either. 

Apparently it wasn’t the same knee, which is good news.  I have a feeling as a brown he’d be constantly injured, seems to be how things go around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×