THE BROWNS BOARD

Know what it's like to live OUTSIDE of Ohio as a Browns Fan?

Orion

Let me (us) fill you in.

Throughout the day, like many other days, I get the usual crew of people show up at my desk with the $hit-eatin' grin on their face.  "I see your team was ALMOST able to make a trade yesterday."  Or, "Wow!  You guys did it again huh."  

It's every so often something related to the Browns is a new black eye.  A new twist to the standard joke.  It's not bad enough to lose every freakin' week...but we have to find unique ways of looking like total dopes.  And it starts right from the top.  The trial of the owner's company's executives starts in a few days.  

Try being a Browns fan in New England.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Orion said:

Let me (us) fill you in.

Throughout the day, like many other days, I get the usual crew of people show up at my desk with the $hit-eatin' grin on their face.  "I see your team was ALMOST able to make a trade yesterday."  Or, "Wow!  You guys did it again huh."  

It's every so often something related to the Browns is a new black eye.  A new twist to the standard joke.  It's not bad enough to lose every freakin' week...but we have to find unique ways of looking like total dopes.  And it starts right from the top.  The trial of the owner's company's executives starts in a few days.  

Try being a Browns fan in New England.

Thirteen Championships.   Tell them to call you when they catch up halfway to that number.

(NE has only 6 now:  1 by the Providence Steam Roller, 5 now by the Pats)

And, if you need to tell them when these were, they were as follows:

And if they say....those are old, tell them that the only titles that count are the last one and the next one.  All others are history, be they 1920 or 2014....that the 2014 title is no more signifant today than the ones from the 1920s.   Congratulate them on the one and only title that counts....but that is as far as it goes.

I also live/work in NEO and I work with a bunch of Stooler fans.

They all have the typical Stooler paraphernalia at their desks, and constantly badger me about the Browns.

One thing I’ve noticed about them, there’s not 1 Pittsburgh Pirate fan in the lot.

As a matter of fact, there are a couple of Indians and Buckeye fans.

I believe Gipper refers to them as “FRAKs”.

58 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Thirteen Championships.   Tell them to call you when they catch up halfway to that number.

(NE has only 6 now:  1 by the Providence Steam Roller, 5 now by the Pats)

And, if you need to tell them when these were, they were as follows:

And if they say....those are old, tell them that the only titles that count are the last one and the next one.  All others are history, be they 1920 or 2014....that the 2014 title is no more signifant today than the ones from the 1920s.   Congratulate them on the one and only title that counts....but that is as far as it goes.

gip, the people our browns fans are working with and bantering them are not old enough to remember titles. sure it means alot as a franchise base but that base has to stay fluid and current with the times. most millennials were born between the years of modell moving to baltimore and the NFL reinstating the team. kids nowadays (like everyone else) live under the 'what have you done lately' category and if that's what it is WE HAVEN'T DONE S.H.I.T.E.

everyone hated modell BUT he had his fingers all over some of the best moves and transactions in NFL history. hate modell then i hope you hated the politicians that caused the move in the first place. IMO they are to blame. same thing in detroit and akron and.....let someone that knows finger try to push around a local icon and watch them pull up and leave while your grand babies are running behind the wagons, crying and pulling at people's boot strings.

pretty easy class. don't Shmuck with zeus.

7 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

It's awesome when you run into other Browns' fans because we are a tight knit group.

It sucks because our horrendous football team is what makes us a tight knit group.

Also I'm sick of the sympathy.

At least we’ll never be considered front running - band wagon jumping - fair weathered fans.

50 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

gip, the people our browns fans are working with and bantering them are not old enough to remember titles. sure it means alot as a franchise base but that base has to stay fluid and current with the times. most millennials were born between the years of modell moving to baltimore and the NFL reinstating the team. kids nowadays (like everyone else) live under the 'what have you done lately' category and if that's what it is WE HAVEN'T DONE S.H.I.T.E.

everyone hated modell BUT he had his fingers all over some of the best moves and transactions in NFL history. hate modell then i hope you hated the politicians that caused the move in the first place. IMO they are to blame. same thing in detroit and akron and.....let someone that knows finger try to push around a local icon and watch them pull up and leave while your grand babies are running behind the wagons, crying and pulling at people's boot strings.

pretty easy class. don't Shmuck with zeus.

Or the old enough to read all of the old enough to look at videos on YouTube of the old enough to use their brains if they are then they can learn about this stuff 

I'm from CA and nobody takes the Browns serious. I'm on a football poll at work nobody ever picks the Browns to win. Everyone calls it an easy win. Sheet on my fantasy league there's a guy that changes out his defense to whoever the Browns play against. It sucks. But that's my team so Shmuck them. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Or the old enough to read all of the old enough to look at videos on YouTube of the old enough to use their brains if they are then they can learn about this stuff 

not between games of mortal kombat or call of duty.

1 minute ago, Alkid3 said:

I'm from CA and nobody takes the Browns serious. I'm on a football poll at work nobody ever picks the Browns to win. Everyone calls it an easy win. Sheet on my fantasy league there's a guy that changes out his defense to whoever the Browns play against. It sucks. But that's my team so Shmuck them. 

Sorry I do the same thing in my fantasy league, it's a good play.

At the Jags Ravens game in London I spoke to some Americans both of whom said “sorry to hear you’re a Browns fan”

At the Browns game in London this weekend the security guy searching on entry said “sorry but you’re going to lose”

Back from rehearsal...and now I'm almost sorry I started this thread.  It's such a downer.

However........this latest blunder by the Harvard Think Tank must be a bitter pill for Haslam.  I mean, he strikes me as a man of pride.  Pride in himself and his family.  And yet lately, everything he's involved in has turned to $#it.  It's like he can't clean the egg off his face fast enough 'fore the next splatter hits him.  I'd have to assume that he's doubling up on his blood pressure medication right about now.  -  Even the coach's daughter is tweeting $#it...it's like Pettine & Farmer all over again.

Honestly, as much as I don't like Hue as a game day coach, I feel so bad for him.  He's charged with winning some games and they give him a bunch of novices to play QB & WR....in a league where you HAVE to pass the ball in order to win.  It's sad.  It really is.

I just think all signs are pointing to a Haslam trigger finger massacre at season's end.

"People still root for the Browns? " Said to me from some ND fanboy at a bar (the husband of a colleague at a work party) Of course he was also a Kizer fan and said "this kid's a superstar"

Um no, he's definitely not tough guy, and let's hope if ND winds up running into the Buckeyes again in a bowl, they don't get crushed worse than they did last time. And, then every time I bring up the SD LA Chargers, they're always like "oh, I'm a Cowboys fan" or some other BS.

Go F yourself you bandwagon twats

And all of them mention JFF every single time. as in "great job on that pick" or "how are you guys so bad so many years in a row"

Because the whole franchise sucks. Next question.

when i wear 'our' garb out (most everyday) and run into people than those i go out to meet they look at me as if i'm wearing a halloween costume. a lot of young muscles heads with a couple of beers in them always have to slide by me and my clients and do the old 'love the shirt' laugh as they're unzipping and going into the men's room. then on the way out will ask and realize i AM a browns fan and be apologetic etc. etc.but it's sooooo friggin lame now. over 2 decades of the same Sheet?

if your kid were getting bullied at school(s) for that long i'm sure someone would be dead by now.

8 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

At the Jags Ravens game in London I spoke to some Americans both of whom said “sorry to hear you’re a Browns fan”

At the Browns game in London this weekend the security guy searching on entry said “sorry but you’re going to lose”

You should check out the atmosphere 50 miles east of Berea. Nobody feels sorry for each other as Browns fans. More like anger towards a owner that thinks dollar bills equal brain cells.

5 hours ago, wargograw said:

No one gives me a single bit of lip about it. 

Dude, you gotta either be lying or ashamed to wear any Browns gear. I've been to Dallas. I've worn Browns shirts there and didn't go more than 5 minutes in public without hearing a raspberry of some sorts.  

So which is it Liar? Or Ashamed?

17 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

This line ^^ has worked well for years in NC..Real well with the steelqueen,cowgals & cheetahs bandwagons  

Am steal-ling this one^^ now that it's vacated :lol:..Am trapped at work with 65 whining city carriers that are forced to wear the Blue uni's. That just filed a grievance against 30 Rural Carriers that don't have to wear uni's but cannot show fan Favoritism on mail route..Not settled...so today I celebrate again the I Hate The Steal--ers Tee Shirt..Thanks BB :), am off to hate on BLUE again!! EDIT-Can anybody find me the NEW DawgPound emblem for a Colorado tailgate? Thanks..       

The local team there... The Pants, it seem the QB scores a TD and he "dabs" or dabbing. Google the word dab, or dabbing or dab rig. Cam is acting like he just took a big ole lungfull of concentrated marijuana smoke. 

Born in Ohio, grew up in Florida. Been made fun of my entire life, from grade school until now. I fought over the Browns. Stuck up for them. Wore their colors despite constant ridicule. Still do. 

9 hours ago, Orion said:

this latest blunder

If you mean not being chosen by NE to do business with re JG.. that's not FO's fault.  If you mean not spending too much for McC, that's not a blunder - that's a GOOD thing.

Missing on KelvinB and Dareus does suck, however we'll never know if the players rejected being traded here.

But yes, it's tough being a Browns fan in NE..

It could be worse, though.... at least we're not starting Brock Osweiler at QB!

Well at least now I can put on an Astros WS Champ cap on my way into racquetball with mik's latest Browns T-shirt creation. I've learned something from the Great Orange Deflector!:P

My dad was a very successful engineer for Mobil Oil and on his desk he had a sign, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bull-Sh it."

20 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well at least now I can put on an Astros WS Champ cap on my way into racquetball with mik's latest Browns T-shirt creation. I've learned something from the Great Orange Deflector!:P

My dad was a very successful engineer for Mobil Oil and on his desk he had a sign, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bull-Sh it."

Congrats on that. They had a great year.

Archived