THE BROWNS BOARD

Well we knew this sht was coming....(darnold)

Clevfan4life

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/16/2017 at 7:56 AM, LogicIsForSquares said:

Tour, how has Drango filled in for Joe so far? I ask you because you seem to be the fella to ask on O line critiques.

Pretty sure my answer would have been different had you asked this today...

A couple of the sacks he allowed weren't totally on him. Yes, the DE gained the edge on him, but Drango was still guiding the DE deeper and potentially around Kizer. IN the first instance Kizer stepped up... right into pressure up the middle. In the 2nd... the late strip-sack-botched-recovery-JAX-TD... Kizer could have stepped up but instead did the worst thing a QB can do. He drifted back and away from the pressure ensuring the speed rushing DE nails him.

Also I would not be surprised if Drango was not the worst graded OL this game. Zeitler was getting owned repeatedly... beaten by quick swims (early)... bulls middle... and a lot of stuff late.

Just now, wargograw said:

Good thing I'm just quoting you. Let's draft all new linemen this year. They're 0-9.

You said to “Fire Drango”. He might not get the joke and fall into a deep state of despair. 

Nah, players get cut or traded off when they stink at their job. Awful FO staff get to bomb on a historic level in Cleveland with no fear of getting fired.

4 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Would you say Kizer is growing and getting better, or getting worse as the season goes forward?

More like is stuck...stuck around a better level than he showed Games 1 thru 6 maybe, but with still a good ways to go.

Now this was a very good D today, maybe the best we've seen all year, but still...

One thing has been a constant all season is that his improved ball security in the pocket vanishes the second he begins to run. That is... his left hand comes off the ball with step one. Wasn't a factor in every fumble today, a couple were in the act of throwing, but a couple were due to this. The one that was scooped and should have been a score for the Jags was one example and there was a second that he ended up falling on and recovering himself.

Touch is another stuck area. While today he didn't really fastball anyone I can think of and even took a little off his TD to Duke (pass of the day), other "touch passes" were just inaccurate... and it seems the softer he throws it the less accurate it is. May be as simple as him aiming his off-speed stuff... something reps can cure. May be off-speed is just not natural to him... again reps can help here.

Pocket presence today was definitely not what we saw vs. the Lions... or Vikes. But again, may have been that D.

24 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

You said to “Fire Drango”. He might not get the joke and fall into a deep state of despair. 

Nah, players get cut or traded off when they stink at their job. Awful FO staff get to bomb on a historic level in Cleveland with no fear of getting fired.

He'll get the joke. He's not as stupid as you. 

Except that they're not bombing at all. If you could look past the record, you'd see that. Just like if you can watch Drango's play and judge him rather than just saying "0-10!!!"

Just now, wargograw said:

He'll get the joke. He's not as stupid as you. 

Except that they're not bombing at all. If you could look past the record, you'd see that. Just like if you can watch Drango's play and judge him rather than just saying "0-10!!!"

The joke about Drango’s feelings is in reference to your trying to hen peck other grown men because they might hurt a professional athlete’s feelings, weak spine. Justin Gilbert is still waiting for you to posi post him into an average talent.

It isn’t just the record. They have Sheet the bed during the draft by pouring lots of picks into WR to no avail. They passed on several QBs, most notably Wentz, when they didn’t have to move at all to draft them. Hell, Sashi and Depodesta were just at a game scouting Rosen and Darnold when clearly they can’t ID QB talent. Neither one is a scout.

They may have something with Garrett if he doesn’t end up being perpetually injured but he was the consensus number 1. Even this FO could not screw that pick up.

On 11/16/2017 at 3:23 PM, Clevfan4life said:

Pussies,i love NE ohio seasons. Wut i hate are these slushy semi cold winters. It snows, then it melts in a day and turns to mud. When i was a kid we had right proper seasons......fukking global warming

I like the snow and ice. Biggest walleye ever come through Lake Erie ice. Can't sled ride on Cal mud and Ash. Skiing anyone? I've lived south. Screw the rattlesnakes, copperheads, black widows, cottonmouths, fireants, brown recluse and alligators. Northeast Ohio is cool and of course Cleveland Rocks!

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

More like is stuck...stuck around a better level than he showed Games 1 thru 6 maybe, but with still a good ways to go.

Now this was a very good D today, maybe the best we've seen all year, but still...

One thing has been a constant all season is that his improved ball security in the pocket vanishes the second he begins to run. That is... his left hand comes off the ball with step one. Wasn't a factor in every fumble today, a couple were in the act of throwing, but a couple were due to this. The one that was scooped and should have been a score for the Jags was one example and there was a second that he ended up falling on and recovering himself.

Touch is another stuck area. While today he didn't really fastball anyone I can think of and even took a little off his TD to Duke (pass of the day), other "touch passes" were just inaccurate... and it seems the softer he throws it the less accurate it is. May be as simple as him aiming his off-speed stuff... something reps can cure. May be off-speed is just not natural to him... again reps can help here.

Pocket presence today was definitely not what we saw vs. the Lions... or Vikes. But again, may have been that D.

I enjoyed reading that analysis. 

It's a pitty that I think he improved during the season in pocket and avoiding sacks (first 2-3 games he was awful on that) and today he stepped back on that area. There was a great D, but his timing should have been faster, although you can think that could lead to worse reads and less accurate throws. 

I haven't checked it during the game, but how many times did he have max protection? I mean, have we used tight ends to block? Tackles were getting owned and as you said not just Drango.

34 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

And I can still go walleye fishing. Sorry about your rotten luck

Yeah that damn Yankee R.Islander I married tells me while I'm shivering along on the walk, "It's the only decent weather of the year dear."

Now I'm the guy that thinks nothing of mowing the lawn in 100F in shorts and a T-shirt. That's either real heaven or else I'm just warming up for my future afterlife.:wub:

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yeah that damn Yankee R.Islander I married tells me while I'm shivering along on the walk, "It's the only decent weather of the year dear."

Now I'm the guy that thinks nothing of mowing the lawn in 100F in shorts and a T-shirt. That's either real heaven or else I'm just warming up for my future afterlife.:wub:

Ya, I put the dogs out in my boxers and a tee shirt.

Happy Thanksgiving week from NE Ohio!

IMG_20171120_075724.jpg

Yeah, I think mythology is all wrong. Hell is gonna be close to absolute zero and heaven will be naked women on a Caribbean beach with Coronas on ice. I think I'm getting closer than you. BTW off to Hawaii in 2 weeks. LOL!:lol:

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It was a chilly day here my friends. I had to put on a windbreaker to keep icicles from forming while walking in our near freezing 64F northern.:rolleyes:

I had to put on socks yesterday...it was chilly last night...temp dropped below 70.

42 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Get some wool ones. They're the best. I always found it to be easier to stay warm outdoors in cold weather than it is to stay cool outdoors in hot weather. Swimming pools and lemonade excepted.

Its not that cold dude...it was like 65...   :-)

49 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

My wife freezes at 60. I'm balmy at 30. It's all relative.

So you exchanged her for a penguin, right?

3 hours ago, Mark O said:

I had to put on socks yesterday...it was chilly last night...temp dropped below 70.

Damn I hope you got them on before frostbite set in.:D

7 hours ago, Nero said:

I enjoyed reading that analysis. 

It's a pitty that I think he improved during the season in pocket and avoiding sacks (first 2-3 games he was awful on that) and today he stepped back on that area. There was a great D, but his timing should have been faster, although you can think that could lead to worse reads and less accurate throws. 

I haven't checked it during the game, but how many times did he have max protection? I mean, have we used tight ends to block? Tackles were getting owned and as you said not just Drango.

Thanks... release time/ decision making is one of his areas of improvement I've seen. Today both Zeitler and Drango were beaten so quickly a couple times each that Kizer had no shot at getting the ball out.

Max protect? No idea... and doubt I'll do the OL grading/ tape review this week what with Thanksgiving and all here. I've had trouble getting into "study mode" even in full weeks this season.

6 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

It's a beautiful morning here. No sun screen or bug repellent needed.

Just spent two weeks in London/France. I think I saw three files and no skeeters... oh and one big butt spider. Same in prior trip to German, Austria, Italy... hell, no one even has screens on their windows. Although one big-butt bumble bee cam in an open skylight transom in Tuscanny.

What's up with the no bugs in Europe?

55 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

My wife freezes at 60. I'm balmy at 30. It's all relative.

You married a relative?

And our solution to not being able to get cool outside in the heat? Staying inside... plus pools and lemonade... or a Shandy...

20 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Thanks... release time/ decision making is one of his areas of improvement I've seen. Today both Zeitler and Drango were beaten so quickly a couple times each that Kizer had no shot at getting the ball out.

Max protect? No idea... and doubt I'll do the OL grading/ tape review this week what with Thanksgiving and all here. I've had trouble getting into "study mode" even in full weeks this season.

Just spent two weeks in London/France. I think I saw three files and no skeeters... oh and one big butt spider. Same in prior trip to German, Austria, Italy... hell, no one even has screens on their windows. Although one big-butt bumble bee cam in an open skylight transom in Tuscanny.

What's up with the no bugs in Europe?

WWII? Then again WWI used a lot of gas. 

22 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

You married a relative?

And our solution to not being able to get cool outside in the heat? Staying inside... plus pools and lemonade... or a Shandy...

I trace my lineage all the way back to Adam and Eve.   (its true)....so everyone is a relative of mine. 

800-165_7_LRG.jpg

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I trace my lineage all the way back to Adam and Eve.   (its true)....so everyone is a relative of mine. 

800-165_7_LRG.jpg

Obviously you missed the fine print on the bottom line. It says "Bert & Ernie"-not that there's anything wrong with that.:D

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Obviously you missed the fine print on the bottom line. It says "Bert & Earnie"-not that there's anything wrong with that.:D

I don't see them there:

Adam

Seth 

Cainan

Mahaleleel

Jared

Enoch

Mathusalem

Lamech

Naei

Japhett

Magog

Baath

Fenius Farsaidh

Niul

Gaedal Glas

Esru

Sru

Eber Scot

Beogamhan

Eogamhan

Tath

Adnoin

Lamh-finn

Eber Glun-Finn

Adhamhon

Febric

Ninnall

Nuadha

Allod

Arcadh

Degath

Bratha

Breogan

Bili

Miledh

Erimhon

Irial

Ethrial

Follanham

Tighernmas

Enmoth

Smirgoll  (maybe I will stop here....were it seems to come close to a Middle Earth lineage....and too close to being related to Smeagol.

But also in there are the likes of Finn McCool, LaBraid Loingsech and Brian Boru

Archived