THE BROWNS BOARD

The importance of keeping the schemes....

Clevfan4life

I know alot of u are unhappy with Hue and the FO and want them all to go. Im not thrilled with offensive side of the ball at all, and thats on Hue.....but guys, if one of em has to go it has to be the FO.

Switching schemes every 1-2 years is not just Shmucking our current players, it makes other players not even remotely interested in signing here or getting drafted. Stability brings decent players and then after a couple years if Hue really is the problem then let him go and bring someone in who isnt going to impliment radical scheme changes, just tweeks. 

Its a little bit less of an issue on the offensive side of the ball but on defense, guys, scheme changes can invalidate entire starting lineups...especially in the front 7. Right now we're getting somewhere with this 4-3. If a 3-4 guy comes in next year the front 7 is a complete wash. The defense will go back to the bottom in all categories as we start the drafting/signing all over again. 

Pleas please please understand this. Hue is not without fault but how many open and streaking  down the sideline wr's has kizer missed? How many awful int's has he thrown? How many good balls have been stone handed by wide open fgts like britt? Some of these were absolute game changing plays no debate. The running games been aa-ight so let that be. But the disconnect between the wr's and all the qb's quite frankly is the reason why we're 0-8. And part if that is on hue....but if he's working with guys ge didnt wantbthen we have to take that into consideration. Esoecially if he was targeting watson. That has to count for something seeing what we're seeing from watson

Lols, actually being 6th in run def means our gap integrity is oretty damn good. Infact we have the lowest yds per carry against us of all the teams including #1 team which i think is the eagles or broncos. But we have way more attempts against us which is why our overall yds per game is 6th.

U could make a case that if our offense was better and teams couldnt affird to run as much against us, we'd prob be #1 against the run with our 2.9 ypc avg

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Lols, actually being 6th in run def means our gap integrity is oretty damn good. Infact we have the lowest yds per carry against us of all the teams including #1 team which i think is the eagles or broncos. But we have way more attempts against us which is why our overall yds per game is 6th.

U could make a case that if our offense was better and teams couldnt affird to run as much against us, we'd prob be #1 against the run with our 2.9 ypc avg

(sigh)

Run defense in the nfl in 2017 is about as important as vhs cassette holders....

Ok, maybe thats a little bit of hyperbole.  But in the nfl on defense you win the day by being able to stop the pass, especially when the game is in doubt....

At this point I see no reason to make any changes. We’ve done the fire everyone after one , two years and the org has only moved bkwds.

But for all those that swore ur soul over to this new ideal, and we do a 3 and 13 next year ...i’ll expect u to do us all a favor on this board by kneeling down to those you mocked when I said this is as bad as the holmgren deal, to run to Home Depot and buy the rope and utility knives to go home and cut ur tongues out or hang urselves cuz you know D.I.C.K.!!

Archived