THE BROWNS BOARD

Pats sign Hoyer

stillmotion

I called it yesterday..... Bill wanted him back without that contract. Bill just doing Bill like things.

Patriots signed QB Brian Hoyer, formerly of the 49ers, to a three-year contract.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Hoyer was also being courted by the Packers. He instead chooses to go back to New England where it all began as an UDFA out of Michigan State. Hoyer will slide in as Tom Brady's backup, replacing Jimmy Garoppolo, who was traded to the Niners on Monday.

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

The worst kept secret in history.   Good for him.    Maybe he'll get a ring for holding a clipboard for the next 3 months.

Are you here and now making your Super Bowl Prediction?

My current preference based on who is doing well right now would be Eagles/Chiefs.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Are you here and now making your Super Bowl Prediction?

My current preference based on who is doing well right now would be Eagles/Chiefs.

No I'm not making any predictions...just saying maybe he will.  Got a better chance of getting a ring in New England than he did in San Francisco.

saw an article where the niners coach said he couldn't guarantee that Garoppolo would play... ?

I can see the niners trading him to the Browns for a higher draft pick in the second round....

with Kenny Britt as the other part of the package.

56 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Good for Hoyer.  Again was blamed for the Browns woes when it wasn't his fault.  He wasn't the long term answer but wasn't the problem.  Josh Mccown looking better than any Browns QB on a Jets team that many thought would be worse than the Browns...

Totally agree.

Thought Hoyer and Pettine received a raw deal directly because of the idiotic decision that was drafting Billy Manziel.

4 minutes ago, 200lbMumford said:

Yeah, I know.  I was just making a Ray Farmer joke.  Well Ray Farmer *is* a joke.  So it was very meta. 

If you listen to him nowadays, he's actual certain everything he did was right.

I imagine Pettine is still drinking heavily. Imagine him running into Johnny at the same bar.

Archived