THE BROWNS BOARD

PERCEPTION IS REALITY

Canton Mike

Regardless what the REAL story may be regarding Garoppolo and McCarron, regardless whether you wanted either or not, these moves/non moves result in Browns' Fans being blind sided once again. Perception among most Fans, media, other NFL teams, & the league itself is that this is the most inept, dysfunctional, & laughable franchise in the league.

Our next home game is 11/19/17. Unless something drastic (starting with the naming of a REAL Team President) takes place before, my current plan is to drive to Cleveland, tailgate, walk to the stadium, & remain outside. I want my seats to be EMPTY, therefore I will neither sell nor give them away. Imagine the message sent if a huge number of Fans did the same. Jimmy, Dee, and their lackeys could look out & see more Browns' Fans in the streets & parking lots than in the seats. "Sow & ye shall reap".

Am I pissed?..................Damn right I am!

Mike 

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

Regardless what the REAL story may be regarding Garoppolo and McCarron, regardless whether you wanted either or not, these moves/non moves result in Browns' Fans being blind sided once again. Perception among most Fans, media, other NFL teams, & the league itself is that this is the most inept, dysfunctional, & laughable franchise in the league.

Our next home game is 11/19/17. Unless something drastic (starting with the naming of a REAL Team President) takes place before, my current plan is to drive to Cleveland, tailgate, walk to the stadium, & remain outside. I want my seats to be EMPTY, therefore I will neither sell nor give them away. Imagine the message sent if a huge number of Fans did the same. Jimmy, Dee, and their lackeys could look out & see more Browns' Fans in the streets & parking lots than in the seats. "Sow & ye shall reap".

Mike 

All the fans would be outside and we would win our only game this season.....it's the Browns FFS

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike 

Seats already sold don't matter to these guys....except of course for the fact that these customers will not be buying vastly overpriced beer.  (FYI...I have never bought a beer at the stadium at the few games I have gone to over the last couple of decades...refuse to pay those prices).

The one thing that might get the owner's attention is a massive NON-Renewal of Season Tickets for next year.

I know a number of you are season ticket holders.   (I am not).   Would you consider not renewing your seats?

I have read enough reports to believe it. Baylee, daughter of Hue was on social media spouting that you can't land a player if you're not on the phones.  That in itself will probably be the KOD for somebody. Not to mention the rest of the football world using words like incompetent to describe our FO...and of course reports about the HC and FO not being on the same page. JFC, same page? Try chapter

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I know a number of you are season ticket holders.   (I am not).   Would you consider not renewing your seats?

I am considering it, haven't made the decision yet. 

The money is usually due before the draft, which obviously pains the hell out of me. Not that many remember, but I've been very pissed off about trading down, trading picks in general. So I give them my money, they trade away my faith. I think it's 3 straight drafts, maybe 4 that they have traded in the first round. 

I love my seats, first row of the upper deck.Chances are I could give them up, see how things transpire, and get back in, but I'm not sure I want to do that. Stupid love of the team and tailgating seems to be the main reason of course.

6 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike

6 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike

Shmuck this team.....go falcons...guess i finally have to root for my hometown team....at least they know what a football looks like....Shmucking jackass moron f.o. Schmuckers...

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I am considering it, haven't made the decision yet. 

The money is usually due before the draft, which obviously pains the hell out of me. Not that many remember, but I've been very pissed off about trading down, trading picks in general. So I give them my money, they trade away my faith. I think it's 3 straight drafts, maybe 4 that they have traded in the first round. 

I love my seats, first row of the upper deck.Chances are I could give them up, see how things transpire, and get back in, but I'm not sure I want to do that. Stupid love of the team and tailgating seems to be the main reason of course.

Agreed on the mad draft trading Bob. How many PLAYMAKERS have these "wonderboys" added from all their trades & how many were taken with the picks we traded?

Mike  

3 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I have read enough reports to believe it. Baylee, daughter of Hue was on social media spouting that you can't land a player if you're not on the phones.  That in itself will probably be the KOD for somebody. Not to mention the rest of the football world using words like incompetent to describe our FO...and of course reports about the HC and FO not being on the same page. JFC, same page? Try chapter

Most likely....her Dad.

I suspect that Hue got an earful from his superiors about his daughters outbursts.

Of course, you know....her outbursts are not surprising.    Hue can't teach his daughter to behave any better than he can teach his players not to commit foolish penalties....so, no, it is no surprise.

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Most likely....her Dad.

I suspect that Hue got an earful from his superiors about his daughters outbursts.

Of course, you know....her outbursts are not surprising.    Hue can't teach his daughter to behave any better than he can teach his players not to commit foolish penalties....so, no, it is no surprise.

She might have just repeated what she heard at dinner. Didn't one of Pets kids do something similar?

2 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

She might have just repeated what she heard at dinner. Didn't one of Pets kids do something similar?

If I recall, Pettine's daughter made a joke about how happy she was he got a head coaching job in the  NFL, even if it was for the Browns.

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

If I recall, Pettine's daughter made a joke about how happy she was he got a head coaching job in the  NFL, even if it was for the Browns.

I remember that. I thought she posted something on social media shortly before he got axed. Maybe it was farmer? Who can keep track of all these bozos that the owner keeps around anyway?

Just now, flyingfooldoug said:

I remember that. I thought she posted something on social media shortly before he got axed. Maybe it was farmer? Who can keep track of all these bozos that the owner keeps around anyway?

Maybe there was something else, but now that my memory is jogged I remember her posting that on Twitter the day he got officially hired.

I mean... wow. That would be incredibly hilarious if it happened to ANY team other than ours. :lol:

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Seats already sold don't matter to these guys....except of course for the fact that these customers will not be buying vastly overpriced beer.  (FYI...I have never bought a beer at the stadium at the few games I have gone to over the last couple of decades...refuse to pay those prices).

The one thing that might get the owner's attention is a massive NON-Renewal of Season Tickets for next year.

Considered, yes- but not seriously. I've posted this on the board a bunch of times. Go look it up on StubHub, Section 111, row 9. Issue is, I've held those seats since the Browns came back in 1999, I got in on my pal's seniority which was 17 more years on top of that. And If I ever dumped them, it would probably cost me at least $20,000 to buy back into that section in the unlikely event the Browns ever started playing respectable. I've jokingly said you're more married to your seats than your wife. 

Welcome to empty stadium-ville Jimmy. You can get tickets to the Jags game starting at $10, (with plenty of opportunity to move down.) We just dumped our remaining games for 40 cents on the dollar. 

6 hours ago, wargograw said:

Sorry to hear that, Mike. Hope you'll come back around.

It's the off week. Mike's not really giving up, just having an off week.:lol:

Mik came back, Ghoolie came back, I was on loan to Real Madrid. :P

1 hour ago, Alkid3 said:

I don't even know how people continue to go. Are tickets cheap

Yes, muy cheapo. $10 to get in the building with the opportunity to move down to middle upper deck. Parking will probably cost you more. In between 40s field level (terrific seats) are available for slightly above face value, $95

4 hours ago, wargograw said:

For the record, perception is not reality. 

0-8 is reality sorry about that. Season ticket holders so POed they're virtually giving tickets away is reality. FWIW, I put my very decent tickets for the Jags and Ravens games up on facebook for free to the couple dozen friends and relatives I have in Cleveland- and got no takers. 

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

0-8 is reality sorry about that. Season ticket holders so POed they're virtually giving tickets away is reality. FWIW, I put my very decent tickets for the Jags and Ravens games up on facebook for free to the couple dozen friends and relatives I have in Cleveland- and got no takers. 

Do you just have an automatic machine that posts this on every thread? Because it has nothing to do with what’s going on. 

Just now, wargograw said:

Do you just have an automatic machine that posts this on every thread? Because it has nothing to do with what’s going on. 

You got your head stuck in the sand that what's going on has the fans disgusted? 

Just now, wargograw said:

Also not relevant to his thread

So you're telling us ignore our perceptions. Because somehow there's a deeper "reality" going on that somehow I'm missing out on? :lol: :lol::lol:

This is NFL football, not a philosophy class. 

21 minutes ago, hoorta said:

So you're telling us ignore our perceptions. Because somehow there's a deeper "reality" going on that somehow I'm missing out on? :lol: :lol::lol:

This is NFL football, not a philosophy class. 

No..because only the the sunshine pumpers can somehow see the future and see that the guys in charge who have passed on numerous franchise players are going to suddenly next year make the right decisions.  That somehow 0-8 and 1-23 aren't that bad.

Archived