THE BROWNS BOARD

If this is the truth, Keep HUE or the FO?

stillmotion

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I might not agree with you 100% regarding this, but I'll give you credit LondonBrown, I like the way you present your side.

Lol thanks, I don’t expect many to agree with my opinion but I’ll always try and explain it anyway. 

12 hours ago, nickers said:

No.. they all can go....

Sam Rutigliano....my favorite of all time, called for the entire schidt load to get canned. They ALL blow. Hue didn't pick the talen,  Sashi is not responsible for all the stupidity on game day. The entire house needs to be flushed down the toilette.

Sam R said that you take any team's worst WR, and they'd be our #1 every single Sunday no matter who the team is.

I'd side w/ Hue over the analytics that thought it wise to pass on this year's possible MVP and ROTY at QB when it's the single worst position for them for the past billion yrs.....then don't try and get Garoppolo for pennies on the dollar, then mess up AJ trade.... then don't get any WR added.... this trade deadline was a clusterf**k

Front officery is a 9-5 job. Coaching is an all day, lose sleep job. Of course Sashi went home before the coaches. And he probably had no interest in Garropollo. I'm not seeing what the big deal is. Stop beign drama queens.

4 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Lol thanks, I don’t expect many to agree with my opinion but I’ll always try and explain it anyway. 

You did present your side in a great way LondonBrown.

I think for me the fact that the front office and Hue and fighting is making me LIVID.

I believe the F.O. definitely overrides hue to get players they like and want better, especially to accumulate more draft picks, hence trading down from 12 and not taking watson.

I think Hue liked Kessler and Kizer, but they definitely weren't his first choices.

I also think Haslam is losing his mind because he doesn't see any wins at all this year.

Jimmy is heaviliy invested in moneyball and couldn't take the fans going off on him for making a mistake again. So he can either

a ) Keep hue long term and fire the front office. Add someone who knows football better, and build upon what they already have

b ) Fire Hue and look for a new choice, have the players learn a new system, and get the new coach to be a Yes man for moneyball and to listen to Sashi and Paul, and be a good boy.

The players like Hue. I'm kind of sick of Hue. And I wish Sashi or Depo would show us a sign this might work and they aren't throwing darts and guessing.

3 hours ago, wargograw said:

Front officery is a 9-5 job. Coaching is an all day, lose sleep job. Of course Sashi went home before the coaches. And he probably had no interest in Garropollo. I'm not seeing what the big deal is. Stop beign drama queens.

Too bad that you never follow Cleveland sports via the local media. It makes way more sense to make stuff up and spew it as truth.  If you ever read what is going on here you would learn something about the area. This FO doesn't know how to complete paperwork for a NFL trade. By the way.... it's supposed to be a NFL front office. The only drama Queens I've seen are Stoshthepudpuller, Haslam and you.

4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Sam Rutigliano....my favorite of all time, called for the entire schidt load to get canned. They ALL blow. Hue didn't pick the talen,  Sashi is not responsible for all the stupidity on game day. The entire house needs to be flushed down the toilette.

This front office reminds me of the front office Jimmah hired to run flying J.... That front office is heading to jail soon. He does have the history

38 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

This FO doesn't know how to complete paperwork for a NFL trade.

Yep Harvard graduates that have completed nine trades in less than two years forgot to send an email. 

The above should be in pink I just can’t find how to do it. 

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

Yep Harvard graduates that have completed nine trades in less than two years forgot to send an email. 

The above should be in pink I just can’t find how to do it. 

Kinda mind boggling but seems to be very true. Dee is going ballistic over it. No need for pink. Go to Cleveland.com and read the articles yourself. The Browns are supposed to be representative of the region and the region is pretty pissed off right now. Even Drennan was speechless and Terry Pluto hasn't even been able to write about it yet. Yep, Harvard graduate blows the paperwork! Believe it.

12 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

As for the backbone of the team I believe they have yes. 

They have signed very good players onto it and then locked up the offensive line. 

On defense they’ve drafted or traded for Garrett, Collins, Ogbah, Peppers, Kindred, Taylor, Schobert, Ogunjobi. They are all good players, some will be very good. Kirksey has been locked up. Then you have players like Trevon Coley and BBC plucked from nowhere contributing a lot. The defense has all the makings of being very very good. 

Ofeensive line, Njoku, Duke and Corey Coleman aside the offense pretty much blows and it is crippling the team. That’s why they are 1-23 (along with HJ’s current ineptness at doing anything basic right) and understandably it’s hurting the fans. The receivers they took a few years ago have done very little but the quarterback play hasn’t done them many favours. I put the QB situation mainly on Hue, I think it’s clear they believed he was a QB guru and let him have his picks on them. There are plenty of quotes from Hue on RG3 and Kizer telling you as much let alone him going back to someone like McCarron. 

But that’s on them for letting Hue get away with it for two years. Kenny Britt has been nothing but a disgrace and should be cut immediately. So yep they’ve certainly made mistakes and missed on some players, just like every front office has in NFL history.

But I see what they’ve done so far and how they’ve set up yet another draft to come and help the team. They need a QB a foundation back and wide receivers. I know this. You know this. Guess what? THEY know this. 

I see a young team and roster that could easily get a lot better quickly even if results don’t yet show it. 

Mostly correct.   That is why I have said all along that the talent gap on this team compared to other AFCN teams is not that great.  It is just 1/2/3 positions that the Browns lack adequate talent:

WR/QB/some DB.

But...the fact is, they have been playing well below their talent level.  A lot of that I blame on coaching....on Hue particularly.  And on the losing culture....which there is no way that I can figure a way to get around....other than to get better players and better coaches.

And getting AJ McCarron was NOT the move.   

9 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Sam R said that you take any team's worst WR, and they'd be our #1 every single Sunday no matter who the team is.

I'd side w/ Hue over the analytics that thought it wise to pass on this year's possible MVP and ROTY at QB when it's the single worst position for them for the past billion yrs.....then don't try and get Garoppolo for pennies on the dollar, then mess up AJ trade.... then don't get any WR added.... this trade deadline was a clusterf**k

What about if we have both Josh Gordon and Corey Coleman back for like the last 5 games of the year?

I know that Gordon will (may?) be available by Dec. 3rd.    When is Coleman scheduled to be back from his latest injury?

On the plus side if the goal is to suck for draft picks the fo has done a reasonable job of getting more Raw Talent on the roster then we have had before. I don't know but is this the plan for two entire years? If so we could be on track. As for the downside...

Don Shula said that "luck has a lot to do with football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck"  So if Hue Jackson, who is a pretty successful offense of coordinator and Cincinnati, has quarterbacks he would like to have on this team but instead has been forced to play with bums I would blame the front office for that. Who wouldn't? Before Tour freaks out and jumps to deflect the bullet aimed at Sashi let me say that somebody has to be overseeing that bunch of nameless and faceless Scouts who combined to make the decisions for the team.  First and second round picks no matter where they are chosen should either be stars or at least contribute at a respectable level. Is that what we are getting for our cow for magic beans trades?

Seems like Hugh Jackson should have final call on offense of draft picks. And Gregg Williams on defensive draft picks.

And Coach Jackson should have a better idea than most as to whether or not AJ McCarron is a worthwhile investment. If we needed a third baseman....

If they don't there is a problem.

WSS

7 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Too bad that you never follow Cleveland sports via the local media. It makes way more sense to make stuff up and spew it as truth.  If you ever read what is going on here you would learn something about the area. This FO doesn't know how to complete paperwork for a NFL trade. By the way.... it's supposed to be a NFL front office. The only drama Queens I've seen are Stoshthepudpuller, Haslam and you.

You apply zero logic or critical thinking whatsoever when you read, don’t you? As LB said, they’ve completed 9 trades before. They knew exactly what they were doing. 

Archived