THE BROWNS BOARD

So this is it??

cdl15

On 11/2/2017 at 4:13 PM, Mark O said:

My gaskets are just fine.  Why don't you point out all the great players we're supposed to be excited about that your precious front office has drafted for us in the last 2 years?   You want more examples, these guys drafted Corey Coleman, how's he working out as a first round pick?  Kessler, Kizer, Hogan???  But next year they'll figure out the QB who is good right?   Next years draft is when they'll start trying to actually win games, in the meantime, spend your money on tickets and supporting the team while we suck at historic levels.

Coleman's been hurt. And none of the other first round WR picks are playing much better anyway. You should wait three years to do a proper evaluation on a guy at ANY position, but that is especially true at wide receiver. 

Kessler and Kizer were a couple of lottery picks because we can and because people want a QB and you never know who will hit. To act like we invested the house in those guys is a reach. Hogan was an UDFA. Don't even.

And that's completely ignoring all the guys who are playing decent football (and all the guys they got rid of who are not).

If it were me, I wouldn't even draft a QB next year either. But the fans are demanding we waste another first round pick on one, and around here, the tail wags the dog. 

I know, I know. 1-23. Don't waste your time.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, wargograw said:

If it were me, I wouldn't even draft a QB next year either. But the fans are demanding we waste another first round pick on one, and around here, the tail wags the dog. 

I know, I know. 1-23. Don't waste your time.

So you would continue with the 3 headed suck monster we have at QB next year too?    So you're ok with another year of losing because this team with the QB's it has on the roster won't win more than a couple games even in they pick all studs with every pick.  That would be an unheard of amount of losing for one organization over a 3 year period but stay the course?  4 and 44 over a 3 year period and you'd still think these guys were doing the right thing?  I think you're overly patient in a league that teams turn themselves around a whole lot quicker than it taking 4 years just to be competitive. 

I think we could win a few games next year with the guys we have. I would also consider taking a bridge QB to help the guys develop. I would also try very desperately to get Kirk Cousins.

I also probably wouldn't have cut McCown though I understood it at the time (we expected Kessler to be able to play to that level). 

On 11/4/2017 at 8:17 AM, calfoxwc said:

NO. Kaepernick would ruin the fanbase attendance that is taking a hit around the NFL as it is. NO NO NO. He's a waste of space.

This, regardless of your politics, people from Ohio and the midwest are very patriotic. I know a lot of older fans and veterans who would just not watch the Browns if Colin was our QB. I for one could care less about his kneeling if he could play, but Colin cares more about being a social justice warrior and a neo-marxist than he does playing football right now. He'd be more of a distraction then anything else, and if a scandal happened with him, we'd be even more of a joke.

On 11/4/2017 at 6:01 PM, TopDawg31 said:

Why do people think Kap is a savior?  He was terrible during the back half of his tenure in SF and lost his starting job. Kizer just needs 2 legitimate WR's and the offense will be good. I think we win 3 of our last 5 once Josh and Corey return.

Nah- I'm with Jiggins- Jerry Rice in his prime wouldn't turn Kizer into a decent QB. 

Archived