THE BROWNS BOARD

So this is it??

cdl15

When I first heard of the latest debacle that is the Browns Front office I said to myself "wow so this is what rock bottom actually feels like?"

But giving a few hours to ponder I truly believe that this FO can botch the #1 overall pick by not turning the draft card in on time.

In other news a Pittsburgh fan drove down my street and yelled "Browns suck!" So I chased after that phucker and walked up to him in his driveway and said "I know".

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, cdl15 said:

But giving a few hours to ponder I truly believe that this FO can botch the #1 overall pick by not turning the draft card in on time

With fans like this who needs enemies 🙈

34 minutes ago, cdl15 said:

When I first heard of the latest debacle that is the Browns Front office I said to myself "wow so this is what rock bottom actually feels like?"

But giving a few hours to ponder I truly believe that this FO can botch the #1 overall pick by not turning the draft card in on time.

In other news a Pittsburgh fan drove down my street and yelled "Browns suck!" So I chased after that phucker and walked up to him in his driveway and said "I know".

Yep, I had a Steeler fan buy me a beer and say sorry about our luck. I mean here in Northeast Ohio. And all I could say is thank you. 

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Yep, I had a Steeler fan buy me a beer and say sorry about our luck. I mean here in Northeast Ohio. And all I could say is thank you. 

I was at the Houston game, and their fans were buying me beer after halftime, we sucked so bad....    I did thank the nice lady....  

2 hours ago, cdl15 said:

This is not rock bottom, but it's close. That would be blowing the #1 overall next year on another Jamarcus Russell. 

But... for all intents and purposes, we have already  hit rock bottom, brought in dynamite and steam shovels to see if we can get China in sight.....   We're so bad Rusillo on ESPN radio doesn't even want to discuss us anymore- that's how bad it's gotten. 

If it's true that it actually was the Bengals who messed this up, and not the Browns, how utterly and completely flabbergasted are you that your Bengals blew a shot at getting a 2nd and 3rd round pick for A.J. McCarron?

I mean what's worse? The Browns almost giving up a 2nd and 3rd for yet another Colt McCoy/Cody Kessler/Kevin Hogan/Brian Hoyer type guy or the Bengals blowing a shot to get a 2nd and 3rd for said guy, who also is a restricted free agent after this season.

3 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

With fans like this who needs enemies 🙈

Yea, he should just sit there smiling and giving the Browns a golf clap for all of the awesome progress they have made during The Process.

The nerve of some fans who are sick and tired of rooting for a laughing stock that is actually getting worse instead of better.... Total jerks. 

This really sucks.  The browns are playing the chargers 9 miles away from my house and I am kinda glad I have not bought tickets.😕  This is just bad.  We are the bad news bears of football

13 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Yea, he should just sit there smiling and giving the Browns a golf clap for all of the awesome progress they have made during The Process.

The nerve of some fans who are sick and tired of rooting for a laughing stock that is actually getting worse instead of better.... Total jerks. 

Fair enough I think I’ll take a break from the board for a bit, most are you are posting like children at the moment. 

If it’s not sarcasm it’s stamp your feet whining and outright refusal to see anything other than a disaster. 

1 minute ago, LondonBrown said:

Fair enough I think I’ll take a break from the board for a bit, most are you are posting like children at the moment. 

If it’s not sarcasm it’s stamp your feet whining and outright refusal to see anything other than a disaster. 

Sorry brother, but I guess 1-23 will do that to you..... 

I understand the want of keeping this organization intact for the rest of the season, through the offseason, and into next season. I get the desire.

But what I don't understand is what exactly these people can point to as a reason to think wins are going to come in 2018.

25 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

I understand that I do. I just expected it when the tear down begun. 

I'll speak for myself, but I'm guessing there are others who feel the same..... I expected us to struggle during the rebuild too, but 1-23 is beyond struggling. I have seen it said on this forum that there is "no difference between 0-16/1-15 and say 4-12/5-11", and I am convinced that anyone who honestly believes that has never played any sport at a competitive level in their entire lives....... Unless they consider Madden and Fantasy Football as their 'competitive level sports'.

4-12 or 5-11 is expected during a rebuild with subsequent seasons being better and better, proving to everyone (players, coaches, FO and fans) that what the organization is doing is working...... 1-23 on the way to 2-30 if we're lucky, is a complete and total failure of epic proportions, no matter how anyone tries to spin it to me. 

52 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I understand the want of keeping this organization intact for the rest of the season, through the offseason, and into next season. I get the desire.

But what I don't understand is what exactly these people can point to as a reason to think wins are going to come in 2018.

Adding like 50 years of combined experience and 5 first and second rounders and another year of familiarity with the schemes? Nah, that won't make the difference. Some new schmuck with a headset and a trade for Terrance Williams will. Okie dokie. 

30 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I'll speak for myself, but I'm guessing there are others who feel the same..... I expected us to struggle during the rebuild too, but 1-23 is beyond struggling. I have seen it said on this forum that there is "no difference between 0-16/1-15 and say 4-12/5-11", and I am convinced that anyone who honestly believes that has never played any sport at a competitive level in their entire lives....... Unless they consider Madden and Fantasy Football as their 'competitive level sports'.

4-12 or 5-11 is expected during a rebuild with subsequent seasons being better and better, proving to everyone (players, coaches, FO and fans) that what the organization is doing is working...... 1-23 on the way to 2-30 if we're lucky, is a complete and total failure of epic proportions, no matter how anyone tries to spin it to me. 

We were going 4-12 or 5-11 almost every year BEFORE the rebuild started so it's pretty illogical for that to be the expectation after the teardown.

1 hour ago, wargograw said:

Adding like 50 years of combined experience and 5 first and second rounders and another year of familiarity with the schemes? Nah, that won't make the difference. Some new schmuck with a headset and a trade for Terrance Williams will. Okie dokie. 

We were going 4-12 or 5-11 almost every year BEFORE the rebuild started so it's pretty illogical for that to be the expectation after the teardown.

Except when Pettine found a way to win. And i'd still take beating the Sheet out of the steelers or patriots a couple of times a year over winning one game in two years and being the biggest joke in the NFL.

10 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Wuts funny is that they're gonba be the laughingstock now for screwing up a browns 2nd and 3rd for mccarron.

Personally, I am glad the deal didn't go through.  It seems like it was just an effort by the FO to salve Hue's butthurt feelings.   Which I get.  But McCarron ain't diddly.....  But it still is indicative of how fuhucked up this FO is.  

But, in this case, I believe their incompetence paid off, weirdly.

12 hours ago, D Bone said:

Struggling is one thing.   The 1999 expansion team with a team of scrubs won 2 games that year, including beating the steelers.   This current regime will be lucky....damn lucky to win 2 games in 2 seasons.   That's WAY beyond struggling.

16 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

What exactly are you seeing???  I was completely on board with retaining everyone simply outta continuity.  Now I dunno. I feel someone needs to be accountable for what happened yesterday. don't you??

No 1-23 should never be expected at any point in existence of any football team.

The browns have once again painted themselves into a corner with no where to go and its only week 9.

I personally was screaming for them to start Cody Kessler this season and give Kiser just a brief minute to breath and learn.

Cody would have won 2-3 games for this team at this point. (don't care if you disagree, that is irrelevant) Browns have lost 4 games by 3 points or less and in every one of those turnovers ended up being the difference.

How much different is everyones outlook and the team as a whole if they would be sitting at 2-6 or maybe 3-5 in the bye week with the news dropping that the franchise has decided to start the young 21 year old 2nd round rookie for the remainder of the season. Fans would be absoulty pumped.

But they didn't and now we are where we are. the added pressure of ending a winless season. and they've given up on the 21 year old rookie with all the weapons qbs need to have. and this after arguably his best game as far as decision making. 

So ill ask again, What is you see? since your obvious looking down your nose at the rest of us enemy type fans.

11 minutes ago, cdl15 said:

I feel someone needs to be accountable

First, show that one person was the sole reason "yesterday" happened.

Think through the process steps required to get a document with multiple signatures from people who aren't in the same place.  That takes a certain amount of time. I have seen ZERO proof that the "conversations" were concluded with sufficient time to achieve that.

Ever tried to download a 5M document from an NFL server? And open it? And print it? And walk over to whoever needs to sign it? And show them where each signature needs to be? And walk back to the printer? And scan it? And wait for the scan to hit your email? And open the email? And right-click-save that file to your drive? And attach it to an email and address that email to someone else?  And now wait for them to send the same thing back to you because they're doing the same process on the other side? And then opening and verifying that document has all the signatures?

And if any of the above steps are missed you get to re-do everything?

And only after verifying sending that document on to someone else?

Didn't think so.

The only thing I have seen states that the verbal agreement was at 4:55 pm with a deadline at 5p having all documents complete. That's not enough time..... no matter what the disaster pumpers are trying to push.

5 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

The only thing I have seen states that the verbal agreement was at 4:55 pm with a deadline at 5p having all documents complete. That's not enough time..... no matter what the disaster pumpers are trying to push.

Then get your ass to work before 4:55 so you have enough time to get the work done. 

4 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Then get your butt to work before 4:55 

Bengals didn't agree to the deal before then -- there was nothing to sign until the deal was done.

Perhaps the Bengals weren't aware of the time it would take to complete the deal.

Until we know more, can't make any conclusion about this.. unless you're not interested in CORRECTLY assigning blame

4 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Bengals didn't agree to the deal before then -- there was nothing to sign until the deal was done.

Perhaps the Bengals weren't aware of the time it would take to complete the deal.

Until we know more, can't make any conclusion about this.. unless you're not interested in CORRECTLY assigning blame

Im assigning blame to both sides.  It was a stupid trade on our part to give up that much for a guy with 4 starts.   The Bengals were stupid to not jump on it and make sure it got done since they were getting over paid.

7 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Im assigning blame to both sides.  It was a stupid trade on our part to give up that much for a guy with 4 starts.   The Bengals were stupid to not jump on it and make sure it got done since they were getting over paid.

Only way this could possible get worse, even if it was a hollywood movie, would be if we signed Kapernick.

Archived