THE BROWNS BOARD

The... I am batting (maybe alone) for the front office thread

LondonBrown

Just now, Mark O said:

Well with the Giants being butt raped by the 49ers....we are very nearly on the clock for the #1 overall pick. 

But the Giants only have one win too so they are tied for second within reach of a brilliant Hue redzone playcall.

So yes, we're safely in first.:P

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mark O said:

Well with the Giants being butt raped by the 49ers....we are very nearly on the clock for the #1 overall pick. 

Which will be Sam Darold.  Then by week 7 next year when the team is 1-6 and he is underachieving, we will here how the departure of Joe Thomas weakened the O-Line so much Tom Brady wouldn't be successful.

59 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Which will be Sam Darold.  Then by week 7 next year when the team is 1-6 and he is underachieving, we will here how the departure of Joe Thomas weakened the O-Line so much Tom Brady wouldn't be successful.

SWEET!! We already have 1 win in the 7 games?? The Process works after all!

5 hours ago, D Bone said:

Wow..... In my everyday life for 49yrs I know how hard it is to get just three people to agree on anything, much less 5, 8, 11.... Guess we should look for many more trades throughout the life of The Process.

FWIW, it was Sashi himself who said he had 'final say' when Hue was hired/introduced in what seems like a lifetime ago.... 

"Wow"... after all this time you still cannot grasp the concept of consensus decision making. I have no idea what the 2nd half of your opening means.

BTW... that concept does not exclude the idea of the process empowering a person with the "final say"... it simply defines the placement of that say and what it is based upon. The statement by Sashi, one which you are fond of recalling, simply says that he, not Hue, leads the player selection process in which Hue has a role, but for which Hue does not have responsibility.

As for the number of people... best I can tell it is likely capped at 5 rather than starting at 5.

Just now, Tour2ma said:

"Wow"... after all this time you still cannot grasp the concept of consensus decision making. I have no idea what the 2nd half of your opening means.

BTW... that concept does not exclude the idea of the process empowering a person with the "final say"... it simply defines the placement of that say and what it is based upon. The statement by Sashi, one which you are fond of recalling, simply says that he, not Hue, leads the player selection process in which Hue has a role, but for which Hue does not have responsibility.

I guess I don't grasp it T.... Never said I did though, and that's why I was asking questions about what you think it means because I have no idea. 

2nd half means that I'm expecting a lot more trades because in my life, consensuses are hard to come by and usually result in everyone saying "someone just make a decision"! Maybe it's just me and everyone around me? ;)

lol... getting a lil frayed here... sorry if I throw undeserved testy your way from time to time.

Part of the beauty of the process is that decisions are not easy. Picking Wheezy was "easy"... ditto for JFF... living with results of those picks was not. The goal, our goal, Sashi's goal, is to continuously increase the quality of the decisions the process produces.

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

lol... getting a lil frayed here... sorry if I throw undeserved testy your way from time to time.

Part of the beauty of the process is that decisions are not easy. Picking Wheezy was "easy"... ditto for JFF... living with results of those picks was not. The goal, our goal, Sashi's goal, is to continuously increase the quality of the decisions the process produces.

Never any worries T, as I take nothing personal and the Browns could even make Gandhi irate....

Give me your opinion on the following regarding a player acquisition: 

FO Dude 1: I Love him! (Sashi)

FO Dude 2: I hate him! (Hue)

FO Dude 3: Whatever (Dude)

FO Dude 4: He's pretty good (Dude)

FO Dude 5: He's not very good (Dude) 

^ Extreme example I know, and I also know that if this was my friends and me, we would probably just play rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock..... but what do you think happens in this case? I'm guessing that the Browns would sign him since Sashi loves him? 

On 11/1/2017 at 1:14 AM, hoorta said:

the dysfunctionality of the entire organization at this point is truly breathtaking. 

Maybe the fact that they couldn’t get the trade done for a 4th backup qb could read as disfunctionality, but apart from that I feel that this team has been doing everything they’ve set out to do. They said it would be a few years before they’d be able to compete, and that they were more focused on building a team that is easier to play QB for. This defense has been improving, the team is solid in the trenches on both sides due to the moves this FO Has made. Mid round guys like Coleman and Drango are holding their own. acquiring Tretter and Zeitler has also worked out. Ogbah is the highest rated DE for stopping the run, Garrett is a legit star even though , God forbid, he’s had to deal with a minor injury (still some are drowning in dreadful snotty tears that the Browns didn’t draft the guy who blew his leg up by running on grass). Ogunjobi, Collins, Calhoun, Mccourty, Njoku etc.

while there are certainly the growing pains that everyone expected, this team is still a far better environment for the QB, it just isn’t showing yet because literally every team on the browns schedule this season has a shitload more experience than the Browns. I know we all want these 21-22 year old kids to come into the league and outplay second-third contract players who know what it takes to win in the NFL, but that’s the equivalent of playing the lottery in lieu of a retirement fund. 

The latest presser the FO said that they would be aggressive in solving the QB situation, and now it’s time.  If they can deliver the QB everything will be fine and no one will admit to crying for a house cleaning. The truth is the great Belicheck stumbled butt first into a franchise QB and then drafted a shitload of guys who don’t belong in the league, that’s how it goes. This team is doing things the same way as belicheck except they haven’t lucked into a 6th round HOF QB. That really is the line in the sand that separates belicheck getting his salad tossed by ESPN 24/7 and a bunch of entitled children complaining because they miss rooting for a 3 win team.  If the FO can’t make good in their goal to bring in a QB, then we can go back to the tried and true method of bringing in janitors and coffee fetchers to restore the luster of 4-12 seasons as far as the eye can see. 

BTW, while I turned 32 last Monday, I still probably only have about 8-9 years left in the tank, so I’m in the same boat as a lot of you old heads.  

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Never any worries T, as I take nothing personal and the Browns could even make Gandhi irate....

^ Extreme example I know, and I also know that if this was my friends and me, we would probably just play rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock..... but what do you think happens in this case? I'm guessing that the Browns would sign him since Sashi loves him? 

Sashi doesn’t voice his opinion on players as far as I know. He would trade in this situation. 

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Just lost a growing write up... too late too tired to restart it now. See ya in the AM... but a partial preview is in the strikethru above and these links...

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/front-office.html

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/coaches.html

6 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Royce, are you dying? I’ll be praying for you if so. 

I’m just guessing because I’m 6’10 and have spent most of my life burning my candle at both ends. There’s probably a heart attack or stroke waiting around the corner. Furthermore, if I suffer a serious injury or disease I’ll probably just run the car in the garage and cut class early, but I’ll be hoping the browns can turn it around until that happens. 

5 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

BTW, while I turned 32 last Monday, I still probably only have about 8-9 years left in the tank, so I’m in the same boat as a lot of you old heads.  

Just gave my son-in-law his 40th birthday card this weekend. It was all black with white lettering which on the outside read "Everyone gets to be young just once in their life". Inside it read, "Your turn is over".  LOL!:P

Just heard on the 92.3 morning show that Daryl Ruiter (he's the Browns beat writer) tweeted out "Help is on the way!" he said he couldn't say anything but after the guys pushed him on it he said it was "help for the organization" so sounds like a front office addition? 

14 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

The player evaluators are called "scouts" and, no, you can't see them...

The "vs.tradedown" becomes a consideration only when the scouts are not able to agree/consense with the other evaluation tools on the worth of a prospect... any prospect... commensurate with the pick available.

In the case of a FA, it is worth commensurate with price.

Yay!  We have cub scouts and boy scouts in charge of evaluating QB and WR talent.  That explains 1-24 football with Legally Blind summarizing all their research in their final decisions.   We have the worst QBs and WR situation of 32 teams in a passing era.   

30 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Just heard on the 92.3 morning show that Darrell Ryder (he's the Browns beat writer) tweeted out "Help is on the way!" he said he couldn't say anything but after the guys pushed him on it he said it was "help for the organization" so sounds like a front office addition? 

"Dear God. Please let it be Kubiac. He's our only hope"-Princess Leia

Image result for princess leia costume

2 minutes ago, cdl15 said:

I want FO and coaching to stay the course. Seems like every single regime gets to this point for the browns and the same knee jerk reaction happens. 

One or the other has to change.   He's a losing coach and is holding the team back.

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

One or the other has to change.   He's a losing coach and is holding the team back.

I dunno. I said when they hired him they couldn't even start evaluation till last eight games of year 2, unless he loses the locker room. And as of now he hasn't.  It's quite rediculous that coaches don't get more than 2 seasons in Cleveland let alone 2 seasons when they having to build it right. (Tear down all the trail mix). 

Honestly I think it would set this team even further behind to clean house now than to deal with everyone for one more year. 

IMO getting to the point where old personnel is being deemed more believable than the organization it's self. Browns show they can't get outta their own way with 90% of their firings since Haslem showed up.

1 minute ago, cdl15 said:

I dunno. I said when they hired him they couldn't even start evaluation till last eight games of year 2, unless he loses the locker room. And as of now he hasn't.  It's quite rediculous that coaches don't get more than 2 seasons in Cleveland let alone 2 seasons when they having to build it right. (Tear down all the trail mix). 

Honestly I think it would set this team even further behind to clean house now than to deal with everyone for one more year. 

IMO getting to the point where old personnel is being deemed more believable than the organization it's self. Browns show they can't get outta their own way with 90% of their firings since Haslem showed up.

But other coaches haven't been losing at record levels when we got rid of them.   This one is and he is still making the same mistakes over and over again in clock management and wasted time outs.  1-24 and 2-30 don't happen by accident or bad luck.  Sometimes a guy is just a bad head coach.   Again it doesn't have to be a total house cleaning.  Leave the front office, they've made some mistakes but there is some talent on the team but I think the head coach is part of the problem and is bringing the team down on game day.    I want to believe in the process and I think it might have a chance of succeeding quite possibly, but not with the current head coach. 

32 minutes ago, Mark O said:

But other coaches haven't been losing at record levels when we got rid of them.   This one is and he is still making the same mistakes over and over again in clock management and wasted time outs.  1-24 and 2-30 don't happen by accident or bad luck.  Sometimes a guy is just a bad head coach.   Again it doesn't have to be a total house cleaning.  Leave the front office, they've made some mistakes but there is some talent on the team but I think the head coach is part of the problem and is bringing the team down on game day.    I want to believe in the process and I think it might have a chance of succeeding quite possibly, but not with the current head coach. 

definitely if the current thing continues and hue doesn't have an OC. He clearly is inept at doing both.

Archived