LondonBrown

The... I am batting (maybe alone) for the front office thread

Reported attendance is worse since 1995

The reported attendance for Sunday's 19-7 loss to the Jaguars was 57,003. If you were at the game, or just watched it on TV, you know the Browns might be fortunate to have had 40,000 people at their 11th consecutive loss of 2017. (Hey, the 2016 season-ending loss to the Steelers was played on Jan. 1

http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20171120/blogs06/143061/reported-attendance-loss-jaguars-browns-worst-1995

The bottom five:

Nov. 19, 2017, vs. Jaguars: 57,003

Dec. 24, 2016, vs. Chargers: 57,272

Oct. 22, 2017, vs. Titans: 59,061

Dec. 11, 2016, vs. Bengals: 60,028

Nov. 27, 2016, vs. Giants: 60,034

The Browns, as we noted last month, are on pace for their worst attendance average in a season since 1984.

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

Cousins would demand high money and I doubt our FO would budge. Plus he's pushing 30, and I think we're looking for a 21-24 year old that can play the position.

Needless to say, if we go into next season with Kessler, Hogan, and Kizer next year again only, please hand me a shotgun so I can blow my head off....

We are not gonna have the killer trio next season. No one wants to provoke a riot in Cleveland. 

I only have a rusty spoon. Does it make it?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

The reported attendance for Sunday's 19-7 loss to the Jaguars was 57,003. If you were at the game, or just watched it on TV, you know the Browns might be fortunate to have had 40,000 people at their 11th consecutive loss of 2017. (Hey, the 2016 season-ending loss to the Steelers was played on Jan. 1

http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20171120/blogs06/143061/reported-attendance-loss-jaguars-browns-worst-1995

The bottom five:

The Browns, as we noted last month, are on pace for their worst attendance average in a season since 1984.

I heard that the attendance was so bad, that the Browns management closed several restaurants on the upper concourse.

I’ve never seen that happen before.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

Yep, I like the proven vet QB plus a top prospect, vs another rookie QB prospect, even though I like Rosen too..... I'm guessing that has something to do with the Browns' draft track history at QB.

3 wins in year 3 after back to back 1 win seasons (God I can only hope we win a game this year) might technically be considered progress, but I'll liken that 'progress' to adding sugar to my bowl of fresh, steaming poop..... simply can't hide the fact it's poop. 

A.  We bring in that backup/temporary starter veteran.   (never should have let McCown go)

B. We keep Kizer for like 3rd string....and to compete for starter if he can.

C. We draft a QB high. .......and hell, I wouldn't be opposed to drafting another one low.

D. We dump Kessler and Hogan.

My point is this:   With the way Kizer plays....I do NOT think for one moment that he would have a learning edge over any rookie QB that they would bring in here.  His development is so Retarded that the extra year of experience he has.....is of really no consequence.   Unless he has a Jared Goff like turnaround....which I don't see happening....he, to my mind, would have no edge on a high rookie prospect.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

The bottom five:

That is still better than the Steelers averaged only like 2 years after they won 4 out of 6 SBs and had a couple of losing seasons (in terms of capacity % I mean....not gross attendance....because you have to take into account the size of the stadium.

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Did you see the crowd for Sunday's game? You got it bass ackwards bud. It's the team that is driving the fans away. Hence...empty stadium.

This might have been the end of the game, but I've seen better attendance at HS games.  :)   

DPBmwxrX0AEol-4.jpg

Says it all- supplants "Factory of Sadness"    

DPB3igkU8AAQ4Fw.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

This might have been the end of the game, but I've seen better attendance at HS games.  :)   

DPBmwxrX0AEol-4.jpg

Says it all- supplants "Factory of Sadness"    

DPB3igkU8AAQ4Fw.jpg

They should be ashamed of themselves. Big bullies....ya, it's the fans fault. 

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Whenever if I hear dilly dilly, I wanted to take a Louisville Slugger to somebody's head.

Just saying.

WSS

Take that Louisville slugger to EVERYONE in the Browns facility. 

No on deserves it more 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Whenever if I hear dilly dilly, I wanted to take a Louisville Slugger to somebody's head.

Just saying.

WSS

LOL off with you to the pit of misery...  It could be Brownie, Brownie...   I agree it's a stupid commercial...  

56 minutes ago, hoorta said:

LOL off with you to the pit of misery...  It could be Brownie, Brownie...   I agree it's a stupid commercial...  

"Huey" "Huey"

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, D Bone said:

Yep, I like the proven vet QB plus a top prospect, vs another rookie QB prospect, even though I like Rosen too..... I'm guessing that has something to do with the Browns' draft track history at QB.

3 wins in year 3 after back to back 1 win seasons (God I can only hope we win a game this year) might technically be considered progress, but I'll liken that 'progress' to adding sugar to my bowl of fresh, steaming poop..... simply can't hide the fact it's poop. 

One... it's not like they have agreed with a Dbone-Tour consensus ever before is it? I say we give it a shot.

Two... at least the turd would be three times bigger.

9 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Needless to say, if we go into next season with Kessler, Hogan, and Kizer next year again only, please hand me a shotgun so I can blow my head off....

Tempting as your offer is... I still want Rosen... ;)

9 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Sweet... I think it time to start investing in PSLs...*

* I'm seriously going to look into it.

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

LOL off with you to the pit of misery...  It could be Brownie, Brownie...   I agree it's a perfect Browns commercial...  

Fixed - Dilly Dilly:lol:

It is funnier than hell tho that our Cleveland Browns are way better in Texas and the UK than they are here on NE Ohio. If you held a poll at any mall, strip mall, bar, concert or strip joint in Ohio, 99.9% thumbs down. But what the hell do we know about our home team?  They're great and we just don't know it......LOL

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Sweet... I think it time to start investing in PSLs...*

* I'm seriously going to look into it.

My broker always tells me the most important thing how about buying low and selling high is it first you have to buy low.

WSS

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Just saying.

WSS

+infinity!

anyone who thinks a lite beer commercial is the new pop culture is surely a little prancing fag.

where's the don draper lancers commercials?

• Haha 1

As stupid as that commercial is, "Dilly Dilly" must have tested thru the roof as a phrase that was going to take root.

4 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

It is funnier than hell tho that our Cleveland Browns are way better in Texas and the UK than they are here on NE Ohio. If you held a poll at any mall, strip mall, bar, concert or strip joint in Ohio, 99.9% thumbs down. But what the hell do we know about our home team?  They're great and we just don't know it......LOL

That's rational... perfectly understandable...

We ex-staters really only have Sundays to bear plus the occasional slight by one ESPN talking head or another. Whereas you Ohio boys have it in your face/ear 24/7 via any MSM outlet you care to dial in or pick up.

So on behalf of all the ex-staters "staying the course", providing you daily belief and relief... you are welcome...

... and...

*puts helmet on*

... Dilly dilly... ;)

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

My broker always tells me the most important thing how about buying low and selling high is it first you have to buy low.

Ed Zachery...

Checked some on-line PSL brokers and there are some amazing deals, e.g,  $500 club seats on the 50. Problem is google also pulled up an old article about the Browns ending the PSL requirement to buy season tix. Makes the "investment" a tad risky.

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

As stupid as that commercial is, "Dilly Dilly" must have tested thru the roof as a phrase that was going to take root.

That's rational... perfectly understandable...

We ex-staters really only have Sundays to bear plus the occasional slight by one ESPN talking head or another. Whereas you Ohio boys have it in your face/ear 24/7 via any MSM outlet you care to dial in or pick up.

So on behalf of all the ex-staters "staying the course", providing you daily belief and relief... you are welcome...

... and...

*puts helmet on*

... Dilly dilly... ;)

Ed Zachery...

Checked some on-line PSL brokers and there are some amazing deals, e.g,  $500 club seats on the 50. Problem is google also pulled up an old article about the Browns ending the PSL requirement to buy season tix. Makes the "investment" a tad risky.

No guts no glory.

If I was you I'd bet it all, then again I'm an aggressive Gambler. Mr. Vegas.

WSS

4 hours ago, miktoxic said:

+infinity!

anyone who thinks a lite beer commercial is the new pop culture is surely a little prancing fag.

where's the don draper lancers commercials?

Found it for ya! :lol:

When Hue Jackson was ask how the process or blueprint of the plan is going, he replied "which plan"?

I mean it seems like a given that he knows he's a goner and all the media is firing up the obits for this front office.  The smartest thing Jimmah has done is go to the players. After all, even the youngest one has been around the game more than the owner. 

And lest we forget, Peyton Manning pretty much screwed us out a playoff spot a while back. Like he cares about the Browns.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

That always makes it easier for me.    I can easily stay away from Browns news and even this board if I want to get away (I never watch any of those stupid ESPN shows with people yelling at one another) but living in Cleveland its impossible to get away from it.

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

That always makes it easier for me.    I can easily stay away from Browns news and even this board if I want to get away (I never watch any of those stupid ESPN shows with people yelling at one another) but living in Cleveland its impossible to get away from it.

The really sad part is that Donovan's right. The culture is changing around here. The passion towards the team is waning big time. 4-38 since 2015. Like a bottle gate is possible anymore. Way worse than Randy could have done asleep. Tony Grossi wrote a good article today that I agree with. But hey, he's a Homer too. Hire a president that knows the game and has respect. Let him run the team. And jimdee should stay the fudge out of the way. Quit listening to homeless guys.... The NFL is set up for parity. Teams should be able to play 500 ball and with a bit of good luck they're 10-6 in the playoffs. Bad luck they ate 6-10 picking top ten in the draft in order to get back in the mix. Football people can do it. Not math teachers and California baseball geeks. 

So like Hue,Tony, Mary, and countless others are asking.... What is the plan?  Keep garnering draft picks for a next year that never comes?  Good job if so. 

To win? Huge fail there.

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

No guts no glory.

If I was you I'd bet it all, then again I'm an aggressive Gambler. Mr. Vegas.

So you in for half on 4 seats? ;) We can offer less than the asking price...

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

Yeah... not those shows like PTI or worse. I like NFL Live, especially if Trey Wingo is hosting. But even Trey give us the occasional back of his hand.

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

The really sad part is that Donovan's right. The culture is changing around here. The passion towards the team is waning big time. 4-38 since 2015. Like a bottle gate is possible anymore. Way worse than Randy could have done asleep. Tony Grossi wrote a good article today that I agree with. But hey, he's a Homer too. Hire a president that knows the game and has respect. Let him run the team. And jimdee should stay the fudge out of the way. Quit listening to homeless guys.... The NFL is set up for parity. Teams should be able to play 500 ball and with a bit of good luck they're 10-6 in the playoffs. Bad luck they ate 6-10 picking top ten in the draft in order to get back in the mix. Football people can do it. Not math teachers and California baseball geeks. 

So like Hue,Tony, Mary, and countless others are asking.... What is the plan?  Keep garnering draft picks for a next year that never comes?  Good job if so. 

To win? Huge fail there.

It's natural attrition... winning will reverse the tide. Just obviously not this year...