THE BROWNS BOARD

The... I am batting (maybe alone) for the front office thread

LondonBrown

56 minutes ago, hoorta said:

LOL off with you to the pit of misery...  It could be Brownie, Brownie...   I agree it's a stupid commercial...  

"Huey" "Huey"

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, D Bone said:

Yep, I like the proven vet QB plus a top prospect, vs another rookie QB prospect, even though I like Rosen too..... I'm guessing that has something to do with the Browns' draft track history at QB.

3 wins in year 3 after back to back 1 win seasons (God I can only hope we win a game this year) might technically be considered progress, but I'll liken that 'progress' to adding sugar to my bowl of fresh, steaming poop..... simply can't hide the fact it's poop. 

One... it's not like they have agreed with a Dbone-Tour consensus ever before is it? I say we give it a shot.

Two... at least the turd would be three times bigger.

9 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Needless to say, if we go into next season with Kessler, Hogan, and Kizer next year again only, please hand me a shotgun so I can blow my head off....

Tempting as your offer is... I still want Rosen... ;)

9 hours ago, stillmotion said:

The Browns, as we noted last month, are on pace for their worst attendance average in a season since 1984.

Sweet... I think it time to start investing in PSLs...*

* I'm seriously going to look into it.

It is funnier than hell tho that our Cleveland Browns are way better in Texas and the UK than they are here on NE Ohio. If you held a poll at any mall, strip mall, bar, concert or strip joint in Ohio, 99.9% thumbs down. But what the hell do we know about our home team?  They're great and we just don't know it......LOL

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Sweet... I think it time to start investing in PSLs...*

* I'm seriously going to look into it.

My broker always tells me the most important thing how about buying low and selling high is it first you have to buy low.

WSS

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Whenever if I hear dilly dilly, I wanted to take a Louisville Slugger to somebody's head.

Just saying.

WSS

+infinity!

anyone who thinks a lite beer commercial is the new pop culture is surely a little prancing fag.

where's the don draper lancers commercials?

As stupid as that commercial is, "Dilly Dilly" must have tested thru the roof as a phrase that was going to take root.

4 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

It is funnier than hell tho that our Cleveland Browns are way better in Texas and the UK than they are here on NE Ohio. If you held a poll at any mall, strip mall, bar, concert or strip joint in Ohio, 99.9% thumbs down. But what the hell do we know about our home team?  They're great and we just don't know it......LOL

That's rational... perfectly understandable...

We ex-staters really only have Sundays to bear plus the occasional slight by one ESPN talking head or another. Whereas you Ohio boys have it in your face/ear 24/7 via any MSM outlet you care to dial in or pick up.

So on behalf of all the ex-staters "staying the course", providing you daily belief and relief... you are welcome...

... and...

*puts helmet on*

... Dilly dilly... ;)

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

My broker always tells me the most important thing how about buying low and selling high is it first you have to buy low.

Ed Zachery...

Checked some on-line PSL brokers and there are some amazing deals, e.g,  $500 club seats on the 50. Problem is google also pulled up an old article about the Browns ending the PSL requirement to buy season tix. Makes the "investment" a tad risky.

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

As stupid as that commercial is, "Dilly Dilly" must have tested thru the roof as a phrase that was going to take root.

That's rational... perfectly understandable...

We ex-staters really only have Sundays to bear plus the occasional slight by one ESPN talking head or another. Whereas you Ohio boys have it in your face/ear 24/7 via any MSM outlet you care to dial in or pick up.

So on behalf of all the ex-staters "staying the course", providing you daily belief and relief... you are welcome...

... and...

*puts helmet on*

... Dilly dilly... ;)

Ed Zachery...

Checked some on-line PSL brokers and there are some amazing deals, e.g,  $500 club seats on the 50. Problem is google also pulled up an old article about the Browns ending the PSL requirement to buy season tix. Makes the "investment" a tad risky.

No guts no glory.

If I was you I'd bet it all, then again I'm an aggressive Gambler. Mr. Vegas.

WSS

When Hue Jackson was ask how the process or blueprint of the plan is going, he replied "which plan"?

I mean it seems like a given that he knows he's a goner and all the media is firing up the obits for this front office.  The smartest thing Jimmah has done is go to the players. After all, even the youngest one has been around the game more than the owner. 

And lest we forget, Peyton Manning pretty much screwed us out a playoff spot a while back. Like he cares about the Browns.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

That always makes it easier for me.    I can easily stay away from Browns news and even this board if I want to get away (I never watch any of those stupid ESPN shows with people yelling at one another) but living in Cleveland its impossible to get away from it.

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

That always makes it easier for me.    I can easily stay away from Browns news and even this board if I want to get away (I never watch any of those stupid ESPN shows with people yelling at one another) but living in Cleveland its impossible to get away from it.

The really sad part is that Donovan's right. The culture is changing around here. The passion towards the team is waning big time. 4-38 since 2015. Like a bottle gate is possible anymore. Way worse than Randy could have done asleep. Tony Grossi wrote a good article today that I agree with. But hey, he's a Homer too. Hire a president that knows the game and has respect. Let him run the team. And jimdee should stay the fudge out of the way. Quit listening to homeless guys.... The NFL is set up for parity. Teams should be able to play 500 ball and with a bit of good luck they're 10-6 in the playoffs. Bad luck they ate 6-10 picking top ten in the draft in order to get back in the mix. Football people can do it. Not math teachers and California baseball geeks. 

So like Hue,Tony, Mary, and countless others are asking.... What is the plan?  Keep garnering draft picks for a next year that never comes?  Good job if so. 

To win? Huge fail there.

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

No guts no glory.

If I was you I'd bet it all, then again I'm an aggressive Gambler. Mr. Vegas.

So you in for half on 4 seats? ;) We can offer less than the asking price...

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

Yeah... not those shows like PTI or worse. I like NFL Live, especially if Trey Wingo is hosting. But even Trey give us the occasional back of his hand.

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

The really sad part is that Donovan's right. The culture is changing around here. The passion towards the team is waning big time. 4-38 since 2015. Like a bottle gate is possible anymore. Way worse than Randy could have done asleep. Tony Grossi wrote a good article today that I agree with. But hey, he's a Homer too. Hire a president that knows the game and has respect. Let him run the team. And jimdee should stay the fudge out of the way. Quit listening to homeless guys.... The NFL is set up for parity. Teams should be able to play 500 ball and with a bit of good luck they're 10-6 in the playoffs. Bad luck they ate 6-10 picking top ten in the draft in order to get back in the mix. Football people can do it. Not math teachers and California baseball geeks. 

So like Hue,Tony, Mary, and countless others are asking.... What is the plan?  Keep garnering draft picks for a next year that never comes?  Good job if so. 

To win? Huge fail there.

It's natural attrition... winning will reverse the tide. Just obviously not this year...

1) Rosen and Jackson are both above Darnold.

2) You want to talk about bad FO's?

Denver with a D good enough to win the SB today.. started a QB who got cut by the Browns. 

Seattle won 1 SB with the most expensive OL in the league, let them all go, and hasn't won since.

Buffalo.. enough said.

Miami has been treading water between mediocrity and WC losses for years with no end in sight.

Ravens offense is an oxymoron, and has been for a couple years.

Tampa drafted Winston and everyone will lose their job once the label of "bust" is unavoidably stuck to him.

I'm glad they're at least trying something different -- because the "proven ways" have proven to top out at 4 wins each season.  Better to constantly have a young core and augment with careful FA's like Taylor.. rather than constantly overspend on flashy uselessness blowing out the cap for years.

14 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Yeah... not those shows like PTI or worse. I like NFL Live, especially if Trey Wingo is hosting. But even Trey give us the occasional back of his hand.

It's natural attrition... winning will reverse the tide. Just obviously not this year...

You do have Bruce Drennan on your side. He's against firing everyone and starting over. Now tho, he's for staying the course just for the sake of staying. If we fire em all, we're back as a joke in the national media. I think he's wrong tho. We've been an ongoing joke anyway and why stick with proven losers? 

The fact that Jimmy had his money handed to him because of political concerns. The fact that he sold pilot to Buffett without it being known til it happened. Are causes for concern. It's kinda hard when you see a guy running the team that has represented my home town so proudly and for so long, turn it into a stinking pile of fecal matter. Especially when everyone he hired to run his gas stations seem to be pretty crooked. It takes superior ownership and coaching to win consistently in the pros. We seem to have neither.

Drennan must be a smart man... ;)

What it comes down to for me about changing horses now is to have endured this much pain and, by my eyes, be so close to seeing our fortunes turn is just unfathomable. If any aspiring GM in any organization is not licking their lips to come into this situation and "rescue" our beloved franchise, then they are truly unworthy of rising to that position. Almost literally anyone with a pulse can sit in Sashi's chair and be a hero in 2018... even if they take Mayfield. ;) And by the time they wreck things again, their name will be made.

I know many here don't/can't see what I see. And it's not a necessarily a matter of football knowledge... or business experience (although that is what I lean heavily upon)... as we discussed the other day, it's at least as much a matter of distance from NE Ohio media. But I see us being so damn close to the success... it's not a matter of changing mid-stream, we're 2/3rds of the way across.

13 hours ago, D Bone said:

I honestly don't see how an article documenting 6 years of futility reflects on The Process.

I think he might be confusing two sides of the discussion. I think it would be horrible to blow everything up and start over. Even if some of these second-rate players that Sashi brown or his unnamed staff picked have some usable Talent a new regime for undoubtedly one to wipe the Slate clean and favor of their own guy. And if they have 24 months probably not going to be much to get excited over.

But it's still Fair to be critical of the Monumental level of failure. I've personally never thought this baseball system is going to kick butt in football even though yes, everybody does it to some extent.

I think you sunshine boys are being a little bit silly when you get mad every time somebody points out the excellent players we passed on or the serviceable players we dumped.

WSS

Drennan must be a smart man... ;)

What it comes down to for me about changing horses now is to have endured this much pain and, by my eyes, be so close to seeing our fortunes turn is just unfathomable. If any aspiring GM in any organization is not licking their lips to come into this situation and "rescue" our beloved franchise, then they are truly unworthy of rising to that position. Almost literally anyone with a pulse can sit in Sashi's chair and be a hero in 2018... even if they take Mayfield. ;) And by the time they wreck things again, their name will be made.

I know many here don't/can't see what I see. And it's not a necessarily a matter of football knowledge... or business experience (although that is what I lean heavily upon)... as we discussed the other day, it's at least as much a matter of distance from NE Ohio media. But I see us being so damn close to the success... it's not a matter of changing mid-stream, we're 2/3rds of the way across.

I honestly don't see how an article documenting 6 years of futility reflects on The Process.

The media? I do recall when the media was very instrumental in keeping the colors and franchise here when model pulled his crap. Aside from a couple of seasons, there hasn't been much good to report on from Berea. I think there will be changes made. Wholesale? I doubt it.  But then again, the mood around here, you could guillotine the FO at halftime and it would fill the stadium. 

Uh oh, the first step is italicizing "The Process" and once total disillusionment sets in.... then comes the <pink> font. 

Archived