THE BROWNS BOARD

The... I am batting (maybe alone) for the front office thread

LondonBrown

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, D Bone said:

I guess the owners of the Browns weren't told that they should expect to lose all but a single game in the first two years of The Process? War should set 'em straight.......

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/11/jason_mccourty_says_haslams_ad.html

Who did expect this? Not me, but in retrospect when McC left for the Jets, I shoulda seen the possibility comin'... and so should have the Organization. Too much faith in Kessler... how could I fall for that?

But now that it's here... now that a second, consecutive #1 overall is a strong possibility with Josh Rosen waiting a "With the first pick" announcement, I am staying the course.

At least it appears the Haslam's are still on board... or at least I do not know what else to takeaway from this:

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet

#BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam met with players this week to discuss rebuilding, while offering perspective & support during a winless season:

3:09 AM - 19 Nov 2017 https://t.co/WhopNFXlK6

Since the meeting reportedly took place wit the entire team, we shouldn't have to wait too long to learn the tone and flavor of it.

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

But now that it's here... now that a second, consecutive #1 overall is a strong possibility with Josh Rosen waiting a "With the first pick" announcement, I am staying the course.

You found a lamp, rubbed it and out I popped...... Rosen at #1 or Cousins + BPA at #1? 

11 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:
Since the meeting reportedly took place wit the entire team, we shouldn't have to wait too long to learn the tone and flavor of it.

From what I read about it, he's keeping everyone, which I don't necessarily object to at all. I think people need to be added (such as an OC for Hue). However, everyone will look like fools if we end up winning 1-3 games in 2018.

9 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

From what I read about it, he's keeping everyone, which I don't necessarily object to at all. I think people need to be added (such as an OC for Hue). However, everyone will look like fools if we end up winning 1-3 games in 2018.

If we win 3 games in '18 with everyone still in place, War will organize an "I Told U So" parade while declaring the season a total success.  

8 minutes ago, D Bone said:

If we win 3 games in '18 with everyone still in place, War will organize an "I Told U So" parade while declaring the season a total success.  

i don't know, if anyone is alright with 3-13 in 2018, they must be delusional. If the point is to break the roster down and rebuild it to go from 5-11 seasons to 3-13 seasons then that's insanity.

I won't be happy unless we get at least 6 wins in 2018. If we get zero next year, and people are still defending Sashi and the process, i'll stop posting.

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

You found a lamp, rubbed it and out I popped...... Rosen at #1 or Cousins + BPA at #1? 

You live in a lamp? And I thought I'd heard of every SoCal lifestyle... ;)

So the question is Rosen or Cousins plus Rosen? ;) ... hummmm (<--- WARNING: Gets you a timeout from the "New Mobile Tavern"). A 29-yo, good QB with no track record of clutch success against top competition (isn't that right NOLA?), who I will have to pay top dollar to so long as he is a Brown or a young gun (will be 21 yr - 2 months come draft day) I can grow and grow a team around on the cheap for 5 years? Who do I want to play the likes of Wentz and Goff and Dak and Carr in the 2020's? Hummmmm...

I exaggerate (a little... just for your sake), but I honestly lean Rosen. Josh's physical tools are discernibly better. All the signs are there that he can at least rise to Kirk's game general level. I give Kirk the edge in controlled game fire.

Clearly your construct is around landing a solid starter/Franchise QB in FA and still have the #1 overall. My problem is that if not Rosen, then I do not know who I take at #1 overall. Barkley? Hell, no, not with Love possibly there with the HOU pick. Fitzpatrick (Bama, FS)? Tempting... Derwin? Is he playing better than he did early?

I think I want the kid, but someone, some non-QB prospect, might change my mind between now and April.

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

YEA! Great answer....

58 minutes ago, D Bone said:

"Total"? No... but progress, yes. Even you W/L followers should embrace your own metric.

But fear not, those three wins would likely come in the season's 2nd half... so that's a whole, added half a year to whine about "winless this" and "clueless that"?

18 hours ago, wargograw said:

Can you go ahead and list other facts about other teams while you're at it? I'm looking forward to such interesting information as "the Cowboys are from Texas." "The Eagles play in Philadelphia." "The Titans are 6-4." Boy, those are some real stimulating discussion-starters.

Give it up....he owned your arse with that Lewis Black comment.  Just admit defeat and live to fight another day.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

You live in a lamp? And I thought I'd heard of every SoCal lifestyle... ;)

So the question is Rosen or Cousins plus Rosen? ;) ... hummmm (<--- WARNING: Gets you a timeout from the "New Mobile Tavern"). A 29-yo, good QB with no track record of clutch success against top competition (isn't that right NOLA?), who I will have to pay top dollar to so long as he is a Brown or a young gun (will be 21 yr - 2 months come draft day) I can grow and grow a team around on the cheap for 5 years? Who do I want to play the likes of Wentz and Goff and Dak and Carr in the 2020's? Hummmmm...

I exaggerate (a little... just for your sake), but I honestly lean Rosen. Josh's physical tools are discernibly better. All the signs are there that he can at least rise to Kirk's game general level. I give Kirk the edge in controlled game fire.

Clearly your construct is around landing a solid starter/Franchise QB in FA and still have the #1 overall. My problem is that if not Rosen, then I do not know who I take at #1 overall. Barkley? Hell, no, not with Love possibly there with the HOU pick. Fitzpatrick (Bama, FS)? Tempting... Derwin? Is he playing better than he did early?

I think I want the kid, but someone, some non-QB prospect, might change my mind between now and April.

"Total"? No... but progress, yes. Even you W/L followers should embrace your own metric.

But fear not, those three wins would likely come in the season's 2nd half... so that's a whole, added half a year to whine about "winless this" and "clueless that"?

Yep, I like the proven vet QB plus a top prospect, vs another rookie QB prospect, even though I like Rosen too..... I'm guessing that has something to do with the Browns' draft track history at QB.

3 wins in year 3 after back to back 1 win seasons (God I can only hope we win a game this year) might technically be considered progress, but I'll liken that 'progress' to adding sugar to my bowl of fresh, steaming poop..... simply can't hide the fact it's poop. 

I think I'd rather add Cousins because he's actually had some success in the NFL. I guess I am just a battered Browns fan (I shudder to think about what that makes everyone else here), but I think you need a guy who's already been developed elsewhere because our fans run every game out of town that doesn't kill it in his first few games.

4 minutes ago, wargograw said:

I think I'd rather add Cousins because he's actually had some success in the NFL. I guess I am just a battered Browns fan (I shudder to think about what that makes everyone else here), but I think you need a guy who's already been developed elsewhere because our fans run every game out of town that doesn't kill it in his first few games.

Cousins would demand high money and I doubt our FO would budge. Plus he's pushing 30, and I think we're looking for a 21-24 year old that can play the position.

Needless to say, if we go into next season with Kessler, Hogan, and Kizer next year again only, please hand me a shotgun so I can blow my head off....

3 hours ago, stillmotion said:

i don't know, if anyone is alright with 3-13 in 2018, they must be delusional. If the point is to break the roster down and rebuild it to go from 5-11 seasons to 3-13 seasons then that's insanity.

I won't be happy unless we get at least 6 wins in 2018. If we get zero next year, and people are still defending Sashi and the process, i'll stop posting.

If they go 1-31 they should ALL BE FIRED.

This stupid process didn’t work. 3 years of this garbage  should be illegal

9 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Cousins would demand high money and I doubt our FO would budge. Plus he's pushing 30, and I think we're looking for a 21-24 year old that can play the position.

Needless to say, if we go into next season with Kessler, Hogan, and Kizer next year again only, please hand me a shotgun so I can blow my head off....

Don’t waste the ammo on yourself. 

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Who did expect this? Not me, but in retrospect when McC left for the Jets, I shoulda seen the possibility comin'... and so should have the Organization. Too much faith in Kessler... how could I fall for that?

At least it appears the Haslam's are still on board... or at least I do not know what else to takeaway from this:

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet

#BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam met with players this week to discuss rebuilding, while offering perspective & support during a winless season:

3:09 AM - 19 Nov 2017 https://t.co/WhopNFXlK6

Since the meeting reportedly took place with the entire team, we shouldn't have to wait too long to learn the tone and flavor of it.

Sounds like Jimmy is going to "stay the course". He doesn't have much choice after he married into "The Plan".   

good question from #Browns-  If you lose a game and nobody is there to see it does it still count as a loss?

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Yep, I like the proven vet QB plus a top prospect, vs another rookie QB prospect, even though I like Rosen too..... I'm guessing that has something to do with the Browns' draft track history at QB.

3 wins in year 3 after back to back 1 win seasons (God I can only hope we win a game this year) might technically be considered progress, but I'll liken that 'progress' to adding sugar to my bowl of fresh, steaming poop..... simply can't hide the fact it's poop. 

Still beat me to it- but Cousins isn't in the plans for all he mentioned, plus have a loyal Redskins fan I converse with on a regular basis- and his 0.02 is Cousins isn't worth anywhere near the kind of money he's going to demand.... He's already getting franchise qb cash, and I doubt he's going to be willing to take a pay cut. 

19 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Did you see the crowd for Sunday's game? You got it bass ackwards bud. It's the team that is driving the fans away. Hence...empty stadium.

Reported attendance is worse since 1995

The reported attendance for Sunday's 19-7 loss to the Jaguars was 57,003. If you were at the game, or just watched it on TV, you know the Browns might be fortunate to have had 40,000 people at their 11th consecutive loss of 2017. (Hey, the 2016 season-ending loss to the Steelers was played on Jan. 1

http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20171120/blogs06/143061/reported-attendance-loss-jaguars-browns-worst-1995

The bottom five:

Nov. 19, 2017, vs. Jaguars: 57,003

Dec. 24, 2016, vs. Chargers: 57,272

Oct. 22, 2017, vs. Titans: 59,061

Dec. 11, 2016, vs. Bengals: 60,028

Nov. 27, 2016, vs. Giants: 60,034

The Browns, as we noted last month, are on pace for their worst attendance average in a season since 1984.

We are not gonna have the killer trio next season. No one wants to provoke a riot in Cleveland. 

I only have a rusty spoon. Does it make it?

50 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

The reported attendance for Sunday's 19-7 loss to the Jaguars was 57,003. If you were at the game, or just watched it on TV, you know the Browns might be fortunate to have had 40,000 people at their 11th consecutive loss of 2017. (Hey, the 2016 season-ending loss to the Steelers was played on Jan. 1

http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20171120/blogs06/143061/reported-attendance-loss-jaguars-browns-worst-1995

The bottom five:

The Browns, as we noted last month, are on pace for their worst attendance average in a season since 1984.

I heard that the attendance was so bad, that the Browns management closed several restaurants on the upper concourse.

I’ve never seen that happen before.

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

A.  We bring in that backup/temporary starter veteran.   (never should have let McCown go)

B. We keep Kizer for like 3rd string....and to compete for starter if he can.

C. We draft a QB high. .......and hell, I wouldn't be opposed to drafting another one low.

D. We dump Kessler and Hogan.

My point is this:   With the way Kizer plays....I do NOT think for one moment that he would have a learning edge over any rookie QB that they would bring in here.  His development is so Retarded that the extra year of experience he has.....is of really no consequence.   Unless he has a Jared Goff like turnaround....which I don't see happening....he, to my mind, would have no edge on a high rookie prospect.

The bottom five:

That is still better than the Steelers averaged only like 2 years after they won 4 out of 6 SBs and had a couple of losing seasons (in terms of capacity % I mean....not gross attendance....because you have to take into account the size of the stadium.

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Did you see the crowd for Sunday's game? You got it bass ackwards bud. It's the team that is driving the fans away. Hence...empty stadium.

This might have been the end of the game, but I've seen better attendance at HS games.  :)   

DPBmwxrX0AEol-4.jpg

Says it all- supplants "Factory of Sadness"    

DPB3igkU8AAQ4Fw.jpg

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Whenever if I hear dilly dilly, I wanted to take a Louisville Slugger to somebody's head.

Just saying.

WSS

Take that Louisville slugger to EVERYONE in the Browns facility. 

No on deserves it more 

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Whenever if I hear dilly dilly, I wanted to take a Louisville Slugger to somebody's head.

Just saying.

WSS

LOL off with you to the pit of misery...  It could be Brownie, Brownie...   I agree it's a stupid commercial...  

Archived