THE BROWNS BOARD

Our defense is #6 in rushing and #9 overall.

Clevfan4life

31 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I don't have any idea.  But I"m not going to pump up the defense as being great when those games happened.    I'm not even saying that we should get rid of Williams, I think he's got the defense on the right track.  But I'm still not going to blow the defense as being great or even good when there have been at least 3 games where they were butt raped in the first half of games so that kinda puts the "they're tired" excuse to rest doesn't it?

Are they better than last year,  sure...probably but there's still a long way to go. 

Listen, no ones lining up to line toss anybodys salad. I already stated they were weak on passing. But being #9 in overall defense when the new DC landed in clev 9 months ago isnt half bad and absolutely warrants not blowing this up again next year

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Are they better than last year,  sure...probably but there's still a long way to go. 

Not "probably", they are better than last year. U do remember how bad we were last year right?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/opp.htm

it might take u awhile to find the browns what with all the scrolling you'll have to do. 

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

Not "probably", they are better than last year. U do remember how bad we were last year right?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/opp.htm

it might take u awhile to find the browns what with all the scrolling you'll have to do. 

They're still 0-8 so you can post all the stats you want.   zero for 8 is still zero for 8. 

People who want to point fingers and whine simply ignore facts ---- and when facts are presented, they avoid the facts even harder.  Overhauling an organization is not easy.. despite the many assertions that "Just hire a football guy!" would naturally immediately be followed by endless riches.  No doubt that's the same bunch who assert "Just draft playmakers!" yields infinite super bowls.

Funny how the two people on this forum who have executed organizational change at the C-suite level [Tour and myself] realize that it's a long tough slog with many factors and milestones along the way.

If you have no boots-on-the-ground knowledge of something, the smart way to approach that thing is to ask someone who has already done it... before formulating your own opinion.

I think achieving results happens to demonstrate that "The Process" is working.  Not complete by any stretch, but we're better now than we were last season.  And next season there's no reason to assume we won't be better than we are this season.

Just to be clear, Browns are #1 in Yards Given Up Per Rushing Attempt [total rushing yards / number of rushing plays].. I don't know what metric is being discussed when saying "we're #6" -- what is the numerator and denominator of that metric?

8 minutes ago, Mark O said:

They're still 0-8 so you can post all the stats you want.   zero for 8 is still zero for 8. 

I dont give a Sheet. Its not on the defense. Defense gas done more than enough fir us to have won at least a game or two. Now drive to berea and offer someone a nice long blowghob

8 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

People who want to point fingers and whine simply ignore facts ---- and when facts are presented, they avoid the facts even harder.  Overhauling an organization is not easy.. despite the many assertions that "Just hire a football guy!" is immediately followed by endless riches.

Funny how the two people on this forum who have executed organizational change at the C-suite level [Tour and myself] realize that it's a long tough slog with many factors and milestones along the way. 

If you have no boots-on-the-ground knowledge of something, the smart way to approach that thing is to ask someone who has already done it... before formulating your own opinion.

I think achieving results happens to demonstrate that "The Process" is working.  Not complete by any stretch, but we're better now than we were last season.

Just to be clear, Browns are #1 in Yards Given Up Per Rushing Attempt [total rushing yards / number of rushing plays].. I don't know what metric is being discussed when saying "we're #6" -- what is the numerator and denominator of that metric?

I dont know wut ur looking at but the browns def actually has  the lowest ypc of any team in the nfl while being the most rushed against

browns yds per attempt is 2.9.... best in the league. Yds per game overall is like 84. Thing tho is that all the teams above them havent been rushed against as much. Prob because those teams offenses actually score so the opposing offenses have to throw more. 

5 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Since we don't play for 12 days, I'll set the over/under at 13 days before the next report of injury comes out on Courtney............ 

5 hours ago, Mark O said:

Well thank god we have these great stats to fall back on despite winning a game.

It’s comforting to know that we have all of these positive metrics to discuss in April when we’re picking at #1 again.

17 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

II give a fuk about wins and losses if we have a def next year which knocks fools like roethlisberger the fuk out. 

hey, wasn't that supposed to be this year? or was it last year?

garrett "i can't wait to hit big ben" HAHAHAHAHA DA FUGGIN HAHAHAHA!!

no one likes a good D more than me BUT if you're not winning it means S.H.I.T. all-of-a-sudden we're the Ravens with ray ray with dilfer receiving the lombardy trophy and scheduling a parade?

GTFO. boooooooooooo!!!!

15 hours ago, miktoxic said:

?????

so no changes FO or staff-wise and ride another no win season next year as well, then at the end of THAT year (a lot of us don't have many years left) then make decisions?

like needing to get that molar pulled a year prior, now it's cracked in half and rotten. your dentist/oral surgeon looks at you with disgust because he told you THEN that this would happen NOW as he has to cut your jaw open, just giving you enough local anesthetic where you're not flying out of the chair but you are feeling every second of it with your hands clawed into the leather like a cat in a bathtub.

u felt this way about the holmgren experiment as well?

hmmmmmmmm.

This is a terrible analogy. Try:

you have a cracked, rotten in half molar. You get it pulled every two years. Yet every two years it's still cracked and rotten in half. So you finally get the full on root canal and endure the pain and then your tooth is actually healed. (I have no idea if this is dentally accurate, but you get the gist.)

12 hours ago, Mark O said:

I don't have any idea.  But I"m not going to pump up the defense as being great when those games happened.    I'm not even saying that we should get rid of Williams, I think he's got the defense on the right track.  But I'm still not going to blow the defense as being great or even good when there have been at least 3 games where they were butt raped in the first half of games so that kinda puts the "they're tired" excuse to rest doesn't it?

So you concede that there's progress....

11 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

People who want to point fingers and whine simply ignore facts ---- and when facts are presented, they avoid the facts even harder.  Overhauling an organization is not easy.. despite the many assertions that "Just hire a football guy!" would naturally immediately be followed by endless riches.  No doubt that's the same bunch who assert "Just draft playmakers!" yields infinite super bowls.

I think achieving results happens to demonstrate that "The Process" is working.  Not complete by any stretch, but we're better now than we were last season.  And next season there's no reason to assume we won't be better than we are this season.

It's probably rush yards allowed/game.

11 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

I dont give a Sheet. Its not on the defense. Defense gas done more than enough fir us to have won at least a game or two. Now drive to berea and offer someone a nice long blowghob

Don't even bother. All they have is "WE'RE STILL 0-8!!" without any real solutions.

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder how those defensive stats will look after getting gashed for 31 points today and what excuses will be made for the defense this week.  Can't really use they were tired because time of possesion because the Browns had a 34:30 to 25:30 edge in that stat this week so what was this weeks issue? 

As for the, we have to keep Hue because we can't lose St. Greg Williams, wonder how much the Rams miss Williams this year?  Certainly doesn't look like they are missing him a whole lot so far this season.  But by all means...lets keep the coaches who are 0-9 and the HC who is 1-24 and 2 for his last 30 as a HC.

32 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Wonder how those defensive stats will look after getting gashed for 31 points today and what excuses will be made for the defense this week.  Can't really use they were tired because time of possesion because the Browns had a 34:30 to 25:30 edge in that stat this week so what was this weeks issue?

Tape shows a ton of over pursuit with some poor gap guessing on some gashing runs.(here is where Collins was missed again in huddle/field general at snap) Missing tackles came back.. mostly due to not wrapping them up. And man did we bite on a ton of Stafford's 1st vision reads.. 

6 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

who knows, but they are ranked 16th in total defense which is worse than the Browns.

they're 7-2 and we are 0-9 and you're amazing defense just got ass fucked for 31 points.    Who fucking cares where their defense is ranked. 

2 minutes ago, Mark O said:

they're 7-2 and we are 0-9 and you're amazing defense just got butt Shmucked for 31 points.    Who Shmucking cares where their defense is ranked. 

they're 7-2 because their offense is good. And? what's ur point? "Maybe" a 16th ranked defense paired with what appears to be a "very" good offense can get them a deep playoff run. Why does this have to be constantly explained? I could maybe understand people's antipathy if we've had consistently decent defenses over the years. But we haven't. Infact we've had some of the historically worst defense's in recent memory. I mean we're constantly in the bottom 5. So this year we're not but omg we're still not winning games so it's fine to redo the whole thing over again? that makes no fukking sense. Some of you should stop following football you don't understand the game.

Just now, Clevfan4life said:

they're 7-2 because their offense is good. And? what's ur point? "Maybe" a 16th ranked defense paired with what appears to be a "very" good offense can get them a deep playoff run. Why does this have to be constantly explained?

Because this team had a shitty offense last year and didn't do much except hire a whole new coaching staff.   Maybe our shitty offense will look better once you have someone running the offense who isn't a moron?   What is your excuse for why the defense looked like shit today?   If they're such a great defense, 24 points from the offense should be more than enough to win a game.    Guess those high rankings don't mean shit because the team is still 0-9.

Archived