THE BROWNS BOARD

Colts Shopping TY Hilton

MLD Woody

this happens am mailing Grigson a Cleveland Colts license plate..TY nor AJ Green can throw it & catch it too..Kizer's catching windows are like Picture Windows with Bays..AKA Put-in-Bay   

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

this happens am mailing Grigson a Cleveland Colts license plate..TY nor AJ Green can throw it & catch it too..Kizer's catching windows are like Picture Windows with Bays..AKA Put-in-Bay   

So you wouldn't try and improve the worst unit on the team because Kizer wouldn't be able to throw it to him.

You are aware that DeShone Kizer does not have to be the Browns QB for the rest of time, yes?

23 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

If Hilton is available fo a mid round pick as is the rumor you pull the trigger instantly. 

I offer the Colts one of our second round picks. He's better than Brian Robiski for sure..   BTW, Hilton # 8 in receiving yards, Britt #169 or something like that... I'd rather pay Hilton and cut Britt instantly...  

If the bye is a time to correct mistakes, well saying adios to Britt is one move I make- we didn't miss him at all against the Vikes... 

3 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Acquiring good talent is not part of the process.

Next year brother, next year...........

2 hours ago, wargograw said:

Ehhhh. This dude disappears in alot of games. Sure, I'd give him a shot like we did Coates, but I wouldn't expect the results to be much better.

Yeah I agree he disappears alot :rolleyes: 

10th among all receivers in receptions and 5th in yards since 2012 and has missed 2 games in 6 years

1 hour ago, Richiswhere said:

Yeah I agree he disappears alot :rolleyes: 

10th among all receivers in receptions and 5th in yards since 2012 and has missed 2 games in 6 years

He has 5 games under 50 yards this season. His max yards in the last 3 games is 27. So yes. 

2. That stat means absolutely nothing. How many really good receivers have entered the league since then that are probably behind him? Evans, Beckham, Landry, Hopkins, Cooks, Thomas, and everyone in Pittsburgh behind Antonio Brown, just off the top of my head. 

3. I admit he does throw up a lot of total yards. But, as this season was show, it’s completely feast or famine. He has 2 games over 150 and the rest under 58.

15 hours ago, wargograw said:

He has 5 games under 50 yards this season. His max yards in the last 3 games is 27. So yes. 

2. That stat means absolutely nothing. How many really good receivers have entered the league since then that are probably behind him? Evans, Beckham, Landry, Hopkins, Cooks, Thomas, and everyone in Pittsburgh behind Antonio Brown, just off the top of my head. 

3. I admit he does throw up a lot of total yards. But, as this season was show, it’s completely feast or famine. He has 2 games over 150 and the rest under 58.

Prior to this year he has a career average of over 1160 yards w/ 6 TD's perseason.  Average YPC about 17. Spin it however you want but for a 3rd round pick if you pass on that you're sillier than most of our current talent evaluators. Relevant to his stats this year they are a crappy team.  No one believes he will come here and perform to his career averages with our current team. The assumption would be that next year we add talent ( including QB). In other words the add isn't as much for immediate improvement (although it is) as it is  building the longer term roster. 

18 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

Id trade a 3rd for TY than have these genuses fuk up another draft..

Trade all the picks for proven vets. 

That IS one theory on how to do things....that was implemented once upon a time: 

Remember the "Over the Hill Gang"....the Redskins of the 70s?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Over-the-Hill_Gang_(American_football)

And see this:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/draft.htm

The Redskins did not have a first round pick from 1968 to 1980:

69/70/71....no pick until round 2

1972...no pick until round 8

1973...no pick until round 5

1974...no pick until round 6

1975...no pick til round 5

1976...no pick til round 5

1977...no pick til round 4

1978...no pick til round 6

1979...no pick til round 4

And when they did decide to make a 1st round pick in 1980....they took Art Monk WR....who made the HOF

The Skins made the Super Bowl in 1973....losing to the Dolphins.

They also made it in 1983 and 1984....though, not sure if the "plan" they had of trading all their picks contributed to that run.  More likely hiring Joe Gibbs did that.

If the colts are willing to part with him for a 4th, I mean dear god what is anyone yapping about? of Shmucking COURSE you make that trade. If he's a bitch ngr about being here like Britt is, well then you cut him next year too. But maybe you can convince him that there will be a high level QB either in FA or via the draft coming here next year.

19 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

If the colts are willing to part with him for a 4th, I mean dear god what is anyone yapping about? of Shmucking COURSE you make that trade. If he's a bitch ngr about being here like Britt is, well then you cut him next year too. But maybe you can convince him that there will be a high level QB either in FA or via the draft coming here next year.

His stats would be satisfactory for most teams if they took him in mid round 1 through round 2. I am certainly not suggesting we give picks of that level simply saying it makes flipping a round 3 or 4 pick a no-brainer. 

Just now, jcam222 said:

His stats would be satisfactory for most teams if they took him in mid round 1 through round 2. I am certainly not suggesting we give picks of that level simply saying it makes flipping a round 3 or 4 pick a no-brainer. 

Right. In fact if he was someone you knew would be happy to come to Cleveland right off the bat, like if we had something brewing at QB...then I would entertain the notion of trading a 2nd. The only reason I don't is because of the Kenny Britt type of scenario where you trade a 2nd and the guy is just not feeling Cleveland and jogs through his routes. Under diff circumstances I would absolutely consider dropping more on the table for a talent like that. Problem is we have no idea who's going to be behind center next year. None whatsoever. Infact the odds on fav for the opening day starter next year is the "not on the roster right now" option.

15 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

Couldn't agree more.  Anyone that compares Coates to Hilton is smoking something.  

I'm saying they would perform the same here, not that they have the same talent or past performance. Read better.

11 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Prior to this year he has a career average of over 1160 yards w/ 6 TD's perseason.  Average YPC about 17. Spin it however you want but for a 3rd round pick if you pass on that you're sillier than most of our current talent evaluators. Relevant to his stats this year they are a crappy team.  No one believes he will come here and perform to his career averages with our current team. The assumption would be that next year we add talent ( including QB). In other words the add isn't as much for immediate improvement (although it is) as it is  building the longer term roster. 

I didn't say he doesn't scrap his way to good season by season totals. I said he disappears in alot of games. That's true. 

8 hours ago, jcam222 said:

He's 6 years older than most draft picks. That makes you slide a few rounds. I'd take him for a 4th because 4th round and later picks are a crapshoot, but not a 3rd.

Archived