THE BROWNS BOARD

What do the sunshine pumpers have to say now??

Tacosman

What's irritating me is reading how Kizer made improvements. He didn't make any improvements. He threw a terrible pass that SHOULD'VE been picked. IN THE RED ZONE. He missed a WIDE OPEN Dreggs when he threw an awful pass to Devalve that he couldn't touch because he ran into a DEFENDER (IN THE RED ZONE), he overthrew Njoku on an early crucial 3rd down, he routinely missed receivers, and he once again didn't throw a freaking touchdown pass. Read that again. Our QB didn't throw a freaking touchdown pass...again. 

Did the receivers help him? No. Njoku dropped a big one. Seth dropped a tough one. Hue Jackson screwed up the clock management again and cost us 3 points. Our kicker cost us 4 points. And the defense fell apart after a pretty solid first half...probably because they were exhausted. But Kizer can't push the ball down the field. He can't compete the tough (or the easy for that matter) passes in the red zone, he still can't score a freaking touchdown unless we get to the 1 yard line and he runs it in, and he's still wildly inconsistent. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Canton Dawg said:

Today is his third NFL start, I think that can be expected.

And that wasn't a TD apparently just a few minutes ago.   I think we might have made the right choice passing on him.   Don't think we can say that about Wentz and Watson.

I'm OK with Trubisky pass because we couldn't get him and Garrett (not really). But...if Trubisky turns into a stud, then it'll be yet another blown qb pick from our brass, and 1 more nail in their coffin...if there aren't enough already. 

Just now, jiggins7919 said:

I'm OK with Trubisky pass because we couldn't get him and Garrett (not really). But...if Trubisky turns into a stud, then it'll be yet another blown qb pick from our brass, and 1 more nail in their coffin...if there aren't enough already. 

We are running out of nails.

5 minutes ago, Mark O said:

And that wasn't a TD apparently just a few minutes ago.   I think we might have made the right choice passing on him.   Don't think we can say that about Wentz and Watson.

That looked like a TD to me, and the announcers, and the Fox video official...but not the zebra on the field.

It doesn’t take away from the perfectly thrown ball.

The Sunshine Pumpers will be grasping at straws for more excuses.. The problem is... the sunshine pumpers have nothing to stand on... This team is pathetic from top to bottom.. Teams by the second year of a rebuild show signs of improvement..,. not regression. They actually start to win a handful of of games.. This team shows absolute 0.. Anyone that defends this garbage anymore , needs they're head examined!

1 minute ago, nickers said:

The Sunshine Pumpers will be grasping at straws for more excuses.. The problem is... the sunshine pumpers have nothing to stand on... This team is pathetic from top to bottom.. Teams by the second year of a rebuild show signs of improvement..,. not regression. They actually start to win a handful of of games.. This team shows absolute 0.. Anyone that defends this garbage anymore , needs they're head examined!

The 1999 Browns won 2 games.  This team and coaching staff and FO might not win 2 games in 2 seasons. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

The overturned TD in the endzone was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. Beautiful throw and catch. He clearly had possession when he went down... his leg snapped in half, and they overturned it?

what a kick in the nuts that was. Refs should be ashamed of themselves.

29 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

The overturned TD in the endzone was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. Beautiful throw and catch. He clearly had possession when he went down... his leg snapped in half, and they overturned it?

what a kick in the nuts that was. Refs should be ashamed of themselves.

I agree...can’t see how they overturned that TD.

2 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Except Zane Gonzalez. I'd rather sign Tony Danza, "The field goal picking garbage kicking philadelphia phenomenon".

One of my favorite movies growing up lol.

1 minute ago, Tacosman said:

Im curious- do you believe there would *ever* be a reason to fire a head coach after just two seasons?  or should every single head coaching nfl hire in your mind get 3 years at least?

Absolutely there could be a reason. There is not, however, any reason for US to do it any time soon. We have to earn that right by proving we don't have a hair trigger. 

Yup, Gonzalez cost us 4 points today.  And last year's kicker cost us the game against Miami.  And the Chargers kicker gave us our only win last year.  And the Vikings kicker missed an extra point today.  And the Patriots kicker missed a FG today.  -  There's a lot of that going around.

24 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Absolutely there could be a reason. There is not, however, any reason for US to do it any time soon. We have to earn that right by proving we don't have a hair trigger. 

so losing games at an unprecedented and historic rate for 2 years is not a reason though?

18 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

so losing games at an unprecedented and historic rate for 2 years is not a reason though?

Nothing that happens this season is going to change wargo's mind. Nothing. He just admitted it, this has nothing to do with Hue, he feels the Browns cannot fire him because one way or another they have to show the NFL (and future head coaching candidates) that yes, Virginia, you CAN get three years with the Cleveland Browns.

Arguing with him over Hue is pointless.

Has hue lost the locker room? If that’s the case fire him now.  As long as his ridiculously young and inexperienced team is still trying their best to win each week, I don’t see the point of firing him. So we can bring in the Appalachian state special teams coordinator? When the replacement falls flat on his face (this is the best part) the team can fire him after 2 years and we will get to watch pat shurmur’s god son take the helm for at least 18 games. I sure never get tired of all the same excuses “this is a reboot we need to be patient” well they’re installing a new playbook” “just wait until he has HIS guys on the team.” 

4 hours ago, wargograw said:

Keep everyone.

-Sunshine Pumper

There was a total eclipse this past summer, and not just in the sky...   

6 minutes ago, RoyceRolls said:

Has hue lost the locker room? If that’s the case fire him now.  As long as his ridiculously young and inexperienced team is still trying their best to win each week, I don’t see the point of firing him. So we can bring in the Appalachian state special teams coordinator? When the replacement falls flat on his face (this is the best part) the team can fire him after 2 years and we will get to watch pat shurmur’s god son take the helm for at least 18 games. I sure never get tired of all the same excuses “this is a reboot we need to be patient” well they’re installing a new playbook” “just wait until he has HIS guys on the team.” 

Well, pretty sure I could coach the Browns to 0-8 too. and I'm willing to work cheap by NFL standards. 

19 minutes ago, RoyceRolls said:

Im up for it, then we can fire you after a year and maybe Zombo or Mik can get a crack at it!  

For sure not Mik........ He'd offend the entire 53 and have them all locking arms while on their knees........ or better yet, just walking out of the building, crying and forfeiting. 

13 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

The defense is good, but they get worn down because of the offense.

Ghoolie keeps telling ya.............. OFFENSE makes the defense. Always did, always will.

Archived