THE BROWNS BOARD

Just as predicted Washington you're next

Westside Steve

Well, if they're going to take down statues of Washington and Lee because they owned slaves, they might as well close their doors, because their own Bible is chock full of verses and quotes that support slavery. 

Regardless, it is rather stupid of them to  remove the statues, but, s'free cunsh, so they can do whatever they want, I suppose.

8 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I mean... They can do what they want, I guess. Seems like a little much. 

Yeah, and all of the slavery and Sheet in the Bible

FYI, slavery is not only in the history books it’s alive and well today.

21 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Not really grasshopper, the generals really did exist, the battles really happened, and your still a fag.

That's... not at all what I meant.

The monuments. The southern pride. All that Sheet. It's a lot of trying to rewrite history in it's own right.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

That's... not at all what I meant.

The monuments. The southern pride. All that Sheet. It's a lot of trying to rewrite history in it's own right.

Not really. The Native Americans were defeated soundly yet everyone wants to keep their legacy alive. My own Irish ancestors are here because we were conquered by Invaders from all over the world and yet Irish heritage is something we participate in.

It's just hip all of a sudden to pretend you were outraged buy Civil War statues.

WSS

18 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Not really. The Native Americans were defeated soundly yet everyone wants to keep their legacy alive. My own Irish ancestors are here because we were conquered by Invaders from all over the world and yet Irish heritage is something we participate in.

It's just hip all of a sudden to pretend you were outraged buy Civil War statues.

WSS

Native Americans were not part of our country then go to war with us. Keeping a legacy alive and "The South will rise again!" Hundreds of monuments. Etc. Are a little different.

When did all of these Civil War monuments start showing up?

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Native Americans were not part of our country then go to war with us.

so what? Remember the French and Indian War? Enemies or not?

Keeping a legacy alive and "The South will rise again!" Hundreds of monuments. Etc. Are a little different.

in what way? Shouldn't we change the names of cities states rivers lakes Etc because Indians were butchers and slave owners too? Why not if we must purify history?

When did all of these Civil War monuments start showing up?

no idea. Long time ago I suspect. What do you think? And why does it matter?

WSS

Many were made decades later in an attempt to rewrite history, in a way. Now getting rid of them is, ironically, being seen as rewriting history. Much it was done as a political ploy (or just to Shmuck with black people). Textbooks in schools painted the south in a very positive light, and that helped to fuel the rewritten history. 

Now it's all coming around again for political means. 

Archived