THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Vikings In London, England, UK, Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi,  Browns fans!   :)  Our 0-7 Cleveland Browns are in the London, England area the prepare for their NFL International Game with the 5-2 and NFC North division leading Minnesota Vikings, in both teams 16th all-time regular season meeting. Both teams begin the Week 8 Sunday schedule of the 2017 NFL Season.

An entourage of 160 players, coaches, team support adminstrative staff, team broadcasting and media personnel, along with 8 pallets of team uniform and equipment, left Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, and made the 9 1/2 hour non-stop trek , traveling  through 10,284 miles of flight time, into London's Heathrow International Airport earlier this week.

Cleveland is making team history as the Browns are playing their first ever NFL International Game both outside the United States, and the North America.  

Minnesota is also making their second  NFL International Game in London, but their first game with the Browns in Twickenham Stadium. Vikings defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers in their recent regular season visit in London,  defeating the Steelers 34-27 at Wembley Stadium in Wembley, England, back on September 29, 2013.

Rookie DeShone Kiser also returns as the starting QB for the Browns.

Browns though will play today's game without two team icons.  Both  All-Pro left-tackle Joe Thomas suffered a season-ending triceps injury last Sunday with the Titans after 10,363 snaps since 2007, and former Browns offensive lineman Doug Dieken missing only his second game in 30 years as the Browns Radio Analyst because of a personal illness.

Cleveland won their first ever regular season road game of the rivalry in Minnesota, as Browns Qb Brian Hoyer threw a 7-yard touchdown pass to tight end Jordon Cameron with 53 seconds remaining to seal the Browns 34-27 road upset over the Vikings at the Metrodome, back on September 22, 2013.

Vikings however leads the all-time series entering Sunday with 11 wins and 4 losses, beginning with the Browns first game of the rivalry winning 27-17 at Cleveland Municipal Stadium back on October 31, 1965

Twickenham Stadium just hosted another NFL Game last Sunday Night in London.  L.A. Rams defeated the Arizona Cardinals 33-0 back . on October 22. Browns are also using the same practice facility the Cardinals used  outside London last week in preparation for their game on Sunday with the Vikings.

Greg Gumbel and Trent Green are announcing the live TV game commentary  simulcast on  the NFL Network and the Armed Forces Broadcast Network, and over the air in both Cleveland on WOIO CBS Channel 19,  and WCCO CBS Channel 4 in Minneapolis-St.Paul.

Sky Sports is also simulcasting the Browns/Vikings game in Twickenham to their networks in Great Britain, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand, and also throughout Europe on EuroSport.

Partly cloudy skies at 54 degrees, feels like 50 degrees, is the local game forecast inside Twickenham Stadium for the 9:35AM Eastern Standard Time, 2:35PM British Standard Time and Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) kickoff, along with 0% precipitation, 52% humidity, and northern winds at 11 miles per hour.

Head Referee Jeff Triplette and his officiating crew are assigned by the NFL to supervise the game action with the Browns And Vikings at Twickenham Stadium today.

NO injuries, try to win your first regular season game of 2017across the pond and overseas in Twickenham Stadium, before you fly back and return to Cleveland to start your bye week,  and BELIEVELAND!  

http://www.nfl.com/network

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twickenham_Stadium

http://www.nfluk.com

Browns Vs. Vikings Live NFL Game Centers:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/schedule-and-events/schedule.html

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017102900/2017/REG8/vikings@browns#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

http://www.nfl.com/crucialcatch

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't it great that our Sunday gets to ruined bright and early in the morning?  

I mean usually it's not 'til mid afternoon that we want to go into the bathroom and puke for a while.

Actually, as bad as our Browns are, the Vike's could possibly be going through the motions this week thinking that there's no friggin' way that their defense would allow us to beat them.  They actually could be sound asleep and not wake up until we actually stole a win.  (that's my hope for tomorrow) 

Well nothing else has worked:( Slump-Buster Time..Lets Try This..Could look better than scoreboard by 11AM(audio may suck butt who needs it?)   

Would you? Could you? In England-

Cross an ocean to get a win.

Could they? Would they? Find a way-

On a home field staged far, far away?

1 hour ago, BrownsDawgPound said:

Hi,  Browns fans!   :)  Our 0-7 Cleveland Browns are in the London, England area the prepare for their NFL International Game with the 5-2 and NFC North division leading Minnesota Vikings, in both teams 16th all-time regular season meeting. Both teams begin the Week 8 Sunday schedule of the 2017 NFL Season.

An entourage of 160 players, coaches, team support adminstrative staff, team broadcasting and media personnel, along with 8 pallets of team uniform and equipment, left Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, and made the 9 1/2 hour non-stop trek , traveling  through 10,284 miles of flight time, into London's Heathrow International Airport earlier this week.

Cleveland is making team history as the Browns are playing their first ever NFL International Game both outside the United States, and the North America.  

Minnesota is also making their second  NFL International Game in London, but their first game with the Browns in Twickenham Stadium. Vikings defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers in their recent regular season visit in London,  defeating the Steelers 34-27 at Wembley Stadium in Wembley, England, back on September 29, 2013.

Rookie DeShone Kiser also returns as the starting QB for the Browns.

Browns though will play today's game without two team icons.  Both  All-Pro left-tackle Joe Thomas suffered a season-ending triceps injury last Sunday with the Titans after 10,363 snaps since 2007, and former Browns offensive lineman Doug Dieken missing only his second game in 30 years as the Browns Radio Analyst because of a personal illness.

Cleveland won their first ever regular season road game of the rivalry in Minnesota, as Browns Qb Brian Hoyer threw a 7-yard touchdown pass to tight end Jordon Cameron with 53 seconds remaining to seal the Browns 34-27 road upset over the Vikings at the Metrodome, back on September 22, 2013.

Vikings however leads the all-time series entering Sunday with 11 wins and 4 losses, beginning with the Browns first game of the rivalry winning 27-17 at Cleveland Municipal Stadium back on October 31, 1965

Twickenham Stadium just hosted another NFL Game last Sunday Night in London.  L.A. Rams defeated the Arizona Cardinals 33-0 back . on October 22.

Greg Gumbel and Trent Green are announcing the live TV game commentary  simulcast on  the NFL Network and the Armed Forces Broadcast Network, and over the air in both Cleveland on WOIO CBS Channel 19,  and WCCO CBS Channel 4 in Minneapolis-St.Paul.

Sky Sports is also simulcasting the Browns/Vikings game in Twickenham to their networks in Great Britain, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand, and also throughout Europe on EuroSport.

Partly cloudy skies at 54 degrees, feels like 50 degrees, is the local game forecast inside Twickenham Stadium for the 9:35AM Eastern Standard Time, 2:35PM British Standard Time and Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) kickoff, along with 0% precipitation, 52% humidity, and northern winds at 11 miles per hour.

NO injuries, try to win your first game across the pond and overseas in Twickenham, and BELIEVELAND!  

http://www.nfl.com/network

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twickenham_Stadium

http://www.nfluk.com

Browns Vs. Vikings Live NFL Game Centers:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/schedule-and-events/schedule.html

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017102900/2017/REG8/vikings@browns#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

http://www.nfl.com/crucialcatch

Hey man,

thanks for taking the time to do this. Wishing I was with the London Group, but it's nice to have all the dope to read. I for one, really appreciate you throwing this altogether.

Ghoolie-line projection............Browns 27  Vikings 17

You guys think not having a couple key players along with playing a 5 - 2 team spell another fine mess for us. I just don't see it or feel it that way. Please, don't get me wrong, I am not predicting a win based on some "on any given Sunday" scenario. However, I am betting on the human side of this game. I believe adversity and neccessity is the Mother of invention.

Despite my whip cracking, I think the team has some decent talent, certainly not the skill players that we should have, but none the less, we do have some talent. I for one believe the talent is nowhere near as bad as many believe. I believe a lot of the stench comes from a lack of discipline, self-respect and from a FO who sends a message that " this year is not about winning".

My believe is that without Joe Thomas, Kizer is a like a raw nipple popping around in a frying pan. I think he is mentally lazy. I think Hue treated him too softly and I think his lackadaisical performance has been far more psychological than it has been physical. Without JT, and I am sure he is reading all the comments across the media, I believe his pimple brain is has been snapped into focus. I honestly believe the kid is going to have a huge day. 

The Browns are going to win this game.

If they do, yeah, you're gonna have to hear my take on how hey are better off without Joe. Of course they are not better off without Joe. That isn't the point I am making. I believe sometimes however, that the loss of a key individual causes ordinary people to stand up, take personal responsibility.

Let's see what happens.

Go Browns.

ONE MAN'S OPINION SATURDAY NIGHT EDITION..........

London calling. Too bad the Browns picked up the phone. Cleveland gets to bring its own special brand of bad football to London for a matchup against the funda-
mentally sound, well-coached Vikings. Hue Jackson and the Cleveland front office is under fire as well they should with the Browns being 1-22 SU and 5-18 ATS since 
Jackson became coach last year. The Browns could make their 21st quarterback switch in their last 46 games if Cody Kessler, 0-8 as an NFL starter, gets the call. 

Rookie QB DeShone Kizer has turned the ball over 13 times in six games. Cleveland’s nonexistent receiver corps and hardly functional running game goes against 
an elite Minnesota defense that ranks in the top four in fewest yards and has yielded one rushing touchdown all season. The Browns aren’t likely to have their best player either with 10-time Pro Bowl offensive left tackle Joe Thomas suffering a triceps injury. Case Keenum has been serviceable as the Vikings await the return of either Sam Bradford or Teddy Twatwater, which could come in Week 10 following their bye next week.

Jerick McKinnon has done well replacing injured Dalvin Cook put-ting up 302 all-purpose yards with three touchdowns during the last three weeks and Latavius Murray has come alive. Adam Thielen is the only receiver in the NFL to produce five or more catches in every game this season. It’s an added bonus if Stefon Diggs, Minnesota’s top receiving threat, can return from a groin injury that has caused him to miss the last two games. Minnesota’s revamped offensive line has surrendered only nine sacks. The Browns need the Vikings to make a lot of mistakes – and Minnesota just doesn’t do that.

SO WHAT TO DO? THE BROWNS ARE ABOUT A +10 DOG, AGAIN BUT THE GAME IS 9:30 AM, WHO'S BRIGHT IDEA WAS THAT? NO NIGHT GAMES IN ENGLAND? 

WELL BET £10,000 ON THE BROWNS AND GO BACK TO BED UNTIL THE REAL GAMES COME ON. :lol: 

GO BROWNS!  

1 hour ago, miktoxic said:

Great superfluous bullshite. I always ask women when they start talking if it's gonna be a long story.

that shuts them up pretty quick.

3-0 Browns and the crowd goes nuts!!

Huey f's it up one more time and mik goes nuts.:D 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Ghoolie said:

"The Browns are going to win this game.

If they do, yeah, you're gonna have to hear my take on how hey are better off without Joe. Of course they are not better off without Joe. That isn't the point I am making. I believe sometimes however, that the loss of a key individual causes ordinary people to stand up, take personal responsibility."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think we're safe. :lol:

You guys gonna make a prediction for the game? I was wrong last week in that the Titans would blow the Browns out. I underestimated our defense and overestimated a sluggish Titans offense. Obviously I still predicted a Titans victory because I'm not an idiot. To date, I'm 6-1 for the season, with the sole blemish coming from the Jets game where I felt sure our Brownies would win. I actually feel like I predicted the game correctly and only by extreme Retardedness did our team fail to secure a victory, but I should be used to it by now. 

Alas, I feel about as sure as one can in predicting this game. No Garrett, no Thomas, no offense, and no prayer. Since we know there are literally no guarantees in life, there has to be a 1% chance of victory for us (or less). That happens if we get the "Magical Game". Where we get the punt return TD, or the defensive TD, and there's a blown coverage for a TD, and we get 3 or 4 turnovers. Basically the only way we win is for a whole bunch of stuff to go our way, and I don't know if you've been paying attention, but that doesn't seem to happen for us. 

Vikings - 27

Browns - 13 

It's 27-6 deep in the 4th quarter, but we get the garbage time TD at the end. Happy Sunday. 

INACTIVE---Garrett,Hogan,Peppers,McCourtny,Ogun,Banner,T.Coley.....Starter fill ins---CB-Michael Jordan..S-I.Campbell..DT-J.Meder..DE-Nassib...Ouch!! Guessing Kindred rolls double Safety looks..Offense--Hue's advise to Kizer, "Durr Run go for your life":ph34r:  EDIT--Best wishes out to a real Brown.. Doug Dieken..Get Well our Friend..

Archived