THE BROWNS BOARD

Kizer will have his career day now that Thomas is out of the way.

Ghoolie

I think we'll score a touchdown in garbage time. We'll be down 27-6 and the Vikings will have their backups in, and we'll get a score assisted by the referees when they call phantom defensive holding penalties because they feel sorry for us. 

When you look at our pathetic offense, you struggle to even find a guy who is CAPABLE of scoring. Crow isn't going to break one off unless there's a SERIOUS breakdown in the defense. There isn't going to be a touchdown PASS because...well...Kizer completely sucks and shouldn't be playing right now. Probably our best chance of scoring is for a defensive back to fall down and Kizer gets hit as he throws, THAT way the ball might actually get redirected by the defender and somehow make it to the wide receiver. Of course, our receiver still has to CATCH the ball, but as long as it's not Ricardo "Skillet Hands" Louis or Kenny "Ten Thumbs" Britt...we could be ok. That's it folks. That's our best chance to score a TD. Oh, and all that has to happen BEFORE we make it across the other team's 40, because that's when Kizer truly likes to turn it over. 

I'm wondering if people on this board truly understand how dominant the Vikings' defense really is, and just how bad we really are. Seriously people, we might not have more than 2 or 3 FIRST DOWNS in the 1st half, let alone a few points. 

18 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm wondering if people on this board truly understand how dominant the Vikings' defense really is, and just how bad we really are. Seriously people, we might not have more than 2 or 3 FIRST DOWNS in the 1st half, let alone a few points. 

That's why I think Ghoolie is just trolling with his win prediction. He's not that stupid. If I had the Vikings defense on my fantasy team, I'd play them this week and clean up max points. They are that good and we are that bad. And Diggs is back to full participation in practice and will tear up our secondary, even with Case starting. The most interesting part of the game will be if their running game can actually move it on our running defense. Makes a great match-up on paper. Stay tuned.

Ok, I will try and be somewhat serious. You're right in that our rush defense is not to be trifled with, but we also take a giant step backwards from losing Garrett. Many of our fans probably see Garrett as a pass rusher, which he is, but Garrett is also a monster against the run (although he has much to improve on). For example, on our 4th down, goal line stand, Myles Garrett had THREE Titans on him, and he somehow STILL pushed them inside. If you want to see the actual clip, check out the latest Hue Jackson show...they feature it. 

Anyways, losing Garrett will hurt in a variety of ways, and I think we remember our defense without him. Now, the Vikings are without Cook, my beloved FSU RB who I desperately wanted for our team. Regardless, they will run the ball a lot, and we will absolutely need to force them into 3rd and long. Now, I will tell you that Case Keenum is a premier backup QB in the league. He takes care of the ball, completes about 65% of his passes, and has a quick release. But...the Vikings beat writer said Case Keenum is definitely a guy who likes to take a few chances, and he recently threw about 4 passes that could've/should've been picked, but the defense didn't make the play. At any rate, we'll have some opportunities for turnovers, and we'll need them to keep game close. 

As for our offense, it's beyond safe to say we're in a world of trouble. Forgetting the awful fact we lost Joe, our qb isn't going to have time, and Vikings don't have to blitz...even though they can and they will bring virtually any position at any time. Be prepared for a litany of 3 and outs, and several 3rd downs where Kizer throws it away. HOPEFULLY Kizer can damage them on the ground and use his wheels a bit more, and don't be surprised if we implement a very heavy read-option approach on some drives. Hue is going to explore with different strategies because he knows he can't just drop his qb back and pass the ball down the field. What we really need is a spark play. Something that breaks for a TD while the game is close. A deep seam pass to Njoku on a safety blitz, or a quick slant to Dreggs that goes the distance, or a perfectly thrown deep ball to someone that takes it to the darn house. This won't be a game where we sustain 13 play drives that culminate in a 2 yard Crow smash touchdown. If we score tds, it's likely to come from a splash play...something that's eluded us for years now. 

I keep coming back to the loss of Garrett and how completely awful it is for us. If there is any good news, it's that Hue intimated his concussion was more mild, and we have our bye week after this London game. We should have him back and our defense should be full strength for our next game. 

Well, if today was Kizer's "career day"............. Lord help us all. 

On 10/27/2017 at 6:52 PM, D Bone said:

Yup, agree.... I'll say:

Browns  10

Vikes      26

Well, there was just a bit more offense than ol' D Bone predicted, but you get the idea.................. 

Kizer played well. The FO choice not to participate on the acquisition of playmakers his pauing great dividends. OMG did we amass assets or what?

I said Kizer would be like 17-41 for 159 yards and no passing touchdowns, but that he'd run one in. Did I about nail it? I whiffed on the two picks, but honestly I kind of didn't because he threw at least two balls that SHOULD'VE been picked, but somehow weren't. 

It's like I say in every post about Kizer. He...doesn't...throw...TOUCHDOWNS. I seriously don't know what else there is to say. Did you SEE the Retardedness of Kizer in the red zone? Tell me you didn't think he was going to turn it over each time he dropped back in the red zone. When he threw that truly awful pass to Njoku I thought it was going the other way for 90 yards. I really did. I'm seriously to the point where I want to put Kessler or Hogan in whenever we get into the red zone area because Kizer just doesn't have it. I don't know how much more proof we could possibly need. And I don't want to hear how he's a rookie and that he'll learn, or he needs more time. No. If he has to learn to throw it to the open guy in the end zone, or if he has to learn how to throw a fade pass to 6'5 high jumper...i don't want him. 

Oh my gosh this is so precious. I'm watching the Texans game and you'll never believe what's happening. Deshaun Watson is actually throwing touchdown passes. You remember those right? You see, when someone on your team is standing in the painted area, your QB is ACTUALLY allowed to throw it to THEM and not the other team! If you want to see what a real QB looks like, turn on the Texans game. Watson has completed at least 8 passes that Kizer couldn't DREAM of attempting...let alone completing. Go away Kizer. Go away forever. 

27 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Oh my gosh this is so precious. I'm watching the Texans game and you'll never believe what's happening. Deshaun Watson is actually throwing touchdown passes. You remember those right? You see, when someone on your team is standing in the painted area, your QB is ACTUALLY allowed to throw it to THEM and not the other team! If you want to see what a real QB looks like, turn on the Texans game. Watson has completed at least 8 passes that Kizer couldn't DREAM of attempting...let alone completing. Go away Kizer. Go away forever. 

The analytics must not have valued Watson very highly. 

Wonder who in the chain of scouting and aquisition made that call.

I guess there's a reason why some people thought that a 21 year old kid who would have been a redshirt junior if he stayed at Notre Dame should have been drafted by a team that didn't need him to see the field this season.

But oh no, the Browns decide to not only draft a very raw QB, they decided it was a good idea to start him from Game 1 as the starting QB of the NFL's youngest team.

I can't believe this hasn't worked out.

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I guess there's a reason why some people thought that a 21 year old kid who would have been a redshirt junior if he stayed at Notre Dame should have been drafted by a team that didn't need him to see the field this season.

But oh no, the Browns decide to not only draft a very raw QB, they decided it was a good idea to start him from Game 1 as the starting QB of the NFL's youngest team.

I can't believe this hasn't worked out.

Not only played like the "project" that he was...but has to deal with a coach who yanks him in and out of the lineup.

12 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Not only played like the "project" that he was...but has to deal with a coach who yanks him in and out of the lineup.

that's not the problem, Hue should yank any qb who misses multiple wide open wr's a game. There's throws you can excuse as "rookie sht" and then there's what in the all Shmuck are you throwing at young man kind of throws that if you make more than one of those a game you ought to sit and contemplate life for the second half. I wouldn't have been upset with Hue if he yanked Kizer today after the first half. Not that Kizer was playing absolutely but fukking horrible but again there's these unexplainable throws that at least today didn't back fire quite like they did last sunday. Our qb's need to understand that missing certain easy throws get you potentially yanked, otherwise there's this carefree attitude well i'm not getting yanked so bombs away. If the offensive play calling gets a wr wide the Shmuck open and the QB is not under duress....these throws are 'automatic" at the d3 level. So enough of this cowpoop about hue hurting the poor guys confidence. I almost feel like if I had made some of these Shmuck ups id take myself out of the game. These misses are "HUGE" issues. Our passing offense just doesn't look in sync and it's both the QB play and the wr play, they're not syncing up with each other and if it wasn't for the run game today would have been another blowout.

4 minutes ago, Mark O said:

It was another blowout.   Lost by 3 scores.   That's a blowout.

Damn, if a 17pt loss isn't a blow out I can hardly wait until the Browns are actually blown out..... although I'm guessing that won't be a real long wait. 

6 hours ago, D Bone said:

Well, if today was Kizer's "career day"............. Lord help us all. 

Well, there was just a bit more offense than ol' D Bone predicted, but you get the idea.................. 

Whoever predicted 26- 10, you only missed the margin of loss by 1.  :)  

Kizer's career day-  18\34 179 yards, 0 TD, 0 int, rating 68. Super Bowl, here we come. 

In honor of the Browns trip to London, it was London Dry Gin (Bombay Sapphire) dirty martinis- by the 4th quarter, I didn't care anymore.....   

I don't think that Kizer played badly at all.  Considering half his wr's weren't even on the team at the start of the season.  We've seen what bad QB play is like.  Today wasn't an example of it.

2 minutes ago, Orion said:

I don't think that Kizer played badly at all.  Considering half his wr's weren't even on the team at the start of the season.  We've seen what bad QB play is like.  Today wasn't an example of it.

Mediocre is an improvement over badly, I suppose. When he has a good\great game.... well we'll see about that.  :)  

21 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Whoever predicted 26- 10, you only missed the margin of loss by 1.  :)  

Kizer's career day-  18\34 179 yards, 0 TD, 0 int, rating 68. Super Bowl, here we come. 

In honor of the Browns trip to London, it was London Dry Gin (Bombay Sapphire) dirty martinis- by the 4th quarter, I didn't care anymore.....   

I picture the scene from Airplane... "Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop drinking!"

12 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

kizer played like Sheet. The loss wasn't all on him by any means, but he didn't play well.

You absolutely nailed it. The loss wasn't necessarily on him, but it's not like he did anything special. I'm tired of celebrating mediocrity. Some people are applauding the fact that Kizer didn't turn it over. Well zippity-doo-dah-day. Let's look at the OTHER important statistic....touchdown passes. Or how about just passing in the red zone. How many passes has Kizer made in the red zone that Iron Man couldn't even catch? We all know he doesn't have the goods to consider the middle of the field, so that leaves the outside. That might be alright except Kizer has all the finesse of an Abrams Tank. Remember that ridiculous fade to Njoku last week? He did it again yesterday, this time it should've been a pick 6. The guy looks completely lost when we need him the most, and that's when we're in scoring position. There are no check downs at the 5 yard line buddy. There is no safe pass to lean on. The red zone reveals all deficiencies, and we're seeing ALL of Kizer's. 

Someone told me, "Why are you not slamming Watson for his awful interceptions and pick 6's?!" I said that's easy. He's a rookie, he's SUPPOSED to make idiot decisions and learn from them. The DIFFERENCE IS that Watson actually balances out the stupid with the amazing. I wouldn't be slamming Kizer AT ALL if the punk actually threw touchdown passes. If he had SOMETHING to balance out the idiotic, I'd definitely say, "Well, it's frustrating, but he's young. At least he's making that deep seam pass touchdown, or he's throwing the fade perfectly" or whatever. He doesn't do ANYTHING good. Hooray, he took care of the ball. How about throwing a touchdown pass. The only scoring play in his entire bag of tricks is the 1 yard qb sneak. And how often do teams really get to the 1 yard line? 

18 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Kizer played well. The FO choice not to participate on the acquisition of playmakers his pauing great dividends. OMG did we amass assets or what?

No, they TRIED to get playmakers, in the draft, in FA....from QBs to WRs to RBs to TES.     Its just really a case that NO ONE in that FO can evaluate talent. And just about every playmaker they get has no talent for making plays.

So, its not the effort, its the execution.

It was a step back for kizer as the gameplan more suited cody kessler than it did him... the problem is Kizer is just not ACCURATE enough to play this way efficiently, He was inaccurate in college He'll be inaccurate his whole career, thems the breaks.

It shows me that hue is giving up on him being "his" QB of the Future... If Hue even has a future beyond this season that is...

Archived