THE BROWNS BOARD

Ideal Draft Pick (at this point)

MLD Woody

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

The players you listed aren't freak athletes - not even Watson.   They're mobile passes but they are passers first and foremost. 

And id argue Lamar Jackson is a much better passer than he gets credit for, he just doesn't have the offense and players to show it. And I guess we totally disagree about Watson.

NC State QB Ryan Finley & Good OL at ND in 39 degree First Energy Field weather..Rain possible..7-7 1st 2:36 left.. EDIT-Want a LDE Cleve? NCSU Sr. #9 Bradley Chubbs  

Finley takes a chit skip on drop as LG schooled on blitz. Finley still throws TD pass corner route. Kizer loses QB rushing for TD's record broken at 12.. Ballgame 14-14. 8 mins 2nd 

At the half..I will pay the 2M buy out this season & trade Hue Jackson to Penn State for HC James Franklin take Barkley at #1 than who ever shakes loose to us next QB Trace McSorley(dude could come out now) or QB Ryan Finley..

On 10/25/2017 at 3:23 PM, jrb12711 said:

I think Lamar Jacksonis going to be viewed as the top QB prospect when it's all said and done. Say what you will, but the guy has a skill set that is EERILY similar to Mike Vick, and the type of game that is quickly becoming more of the norm in the NFL. He's honestly a more polished RG3 without the injury concerns.

ouch!

vs. wake forest? c'mon man!

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

At the half..I will pay the 2M buy out this season & trade Hue Jackson to Penn State for HC James Franklin take Barkley at #1 than who ever shakes loose to us next QB Trace McSorley(dude could come out now) or QB Ryan Finley..

Trace McSorley? Seriously?

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I never got the impression that he was considered a legit NFL QB prospect? Am I wrong about this?

Did ya watch Trace's bowl game last season with USC?..started there..Like Josh Allen, not much in big receiver talent, but good TE's.we should see next season if Franklin gets Trace some WR help..  

Josh Allen just threw a strike that goes for a long touchdown on the first play of the game.... that got called back on a penalty.

He's got inconsistent mechanics, but man when he steps into a throw, it's impressive.

Pretty mobile for a big guy.

9 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

I would like a good size qb who has played with midgit receivers and has thrown it with pin point accuracy.

makes sense..Look at Luke Falk at Wash.St. roster? one 6'3 with a 6'4 the rest go 5'8 to 5'11..a bunch..not a great OL either..PC rate%-was close to a ridiculous 70% till lately..   

Barkley just took a 97 yard kickoff back for a TD today~ Nice

3 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Overrated. Iowa shut him down too.  Dobbins is a better workhorse rb imo. I was big in barkley but not anymore. 

Not worth a #1 pick.  

Isn't Iowa the one he gashed up and down? Not the best example lol.

Dobbins lacks explosion.

4 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Barkley just took a 97 yard kickoff back for a TD today~ Nice

Who needs Barkley......

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/trent-richardson-runs-wild-cfl-162544602.html

Trent Richardson runs wild in the CFL

Trent Richardson has arrived, in Canada.

Richardson, the former Alabama star turned Browns and Colts bust, had a huge game in the Canadian Football League on Friday night, carrying 20 times for 127 yards and two touchdowns in leading the Saskatchewan Roughriders to a 37-12 win over the Montreal Alouettes. Richardson signed with the CFL because he wanted to show that he’s in shape and capable of playing at a high level, and he said after the game he thinks he’s done just that.

“It just pays off from hard work being in the Warehouse down in Birmingham, ” Richardson told TSN. “You know, fighting for my kids and fighting for myself.”

Richardson’s 127 yards were more than he ever had in an NFL game, and the most he’s had in any football game since he ran for 203 yards against Auburn in 2011. Saskatchewan is 3-1 since signing Richardson and has now clinched a spot in the playoffs.

On 10/26/2017 at 10:41 AM, boo fagley said:

Best QB.

This is the draft to do it. I like Josh Allen, but there are so many good QBs in this draft. The Browns can be the Steelers with Ben looking to retire. Then the rabbit will have the gun.

Josh Allen? Just no. I watched his game against a very poor NM team and he is not even  as good as Hogan or Kessler, just taller/bigger. If we pick him then just add him to the t-shirt as another failed Browns pick @ QB. Not the first time I've seen him and he is just not NFL 1st team material IMO.

Also watched Rosen and Darnold. To bad if Sam doesn't come out. He looked better this week than I've seen in brief views this season. Rosen has no defense so hard to judge how he would be with a real defense where he is not required to carry the team every play. I've seen him before and he's a better pick than Allen by far.

Have not watched the Louisville QB so he's on my radar for later in the season.

Archived