THE BROWNS BOARD

Trades you wish to happen this week?

LBC mike

Unloading Britt would be ideal.  Corey Coleman but we can't would be next.  Injury. Hogan for a 7th round pick.   Danny Shelton for a third.

We have equivalent players to take there spots now.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kizer_vs_NYJ_2nd_3_19.gif

Kizer. Trade him and the circus that follows him to The Steeler for Bryant.  Ben is going to retire soon, and Kizer could take his place! 

That would be an easy 2 wins a year for Cleveland, thank you Kizer- finally he'd complete a pass to a Brown in the Redzone. ;)

Kizer_vs_TEN_2nd_0_30.gif

Do we actually have anyone with trade value? I don't even think we could get interest in trading Joe Thomas given his injury.

On 10/24/2017 at 11:05 PM, LBC mike said:

Unloading Britt would be ideal.  Corey Coleman but we can't would be next.  Injury. Hogan for a 7th round pick.   Danny Shelton for a third.

We have equivalent players to take there spots now.

I agree we have an equivalent player to replace Danny but we can probably get a little better than a third. I mean the dude was a first rounder and is playing like it. Is three years of wear and tear worth two rounds (and you have to factor in the fact that he's alot more of a sure thing now than he was as a draftee)? 

2 hours ago, wargograw said:

I agree we have an equivalent player to replace Danny but we can probably get a little better than a third. I mean the dude was a first rounder and is playing like it. Is three years of wear and tear worth two rounds (and you have to factor in the fact that he's alot more of a sure thing now than he was as a draftee)? 

Didn't I read the browns lead the league in run stopping? Why would you want to trade away an anchor who is doing his job for a 3rd rounder Mike? I'm with war on this one. Just keep building (despite my cute post on slip sliding away).:P

Trade dead line rarely draws any action..No teams even considers trading their back-up QB's at this point. Playoff Teams try to find some final pieces.While Browns FO tries to dump dead wood (Britt) & pending contracts..Sorry Parma pirogi Boyz but Jamie Meder is on that list.Moving Shelton to risk D-Line down hill spin would just start more piling on in SB firm..Just more finger pointing back at Williams after Haden move too?..Britt.Meder,Telfer,Crow,Orchard,I.Campbell,Jamar Taylor fit SB's chopping block list imo.If so Sashi won't be fielding many phone calls.Would it surprise me if Pete Carroll screaming at his GM to make a call offering a pick to regain back Kasen Williams? not one bit.(weeks back I had a sick feeling JT was going home to GB. Even with Rogers down & with a injury tore up OL, JT was added to protect another few year Kizer look a like in Brent Hundley? JT would finally see his playoff run with Rogers in 2018..the Cleveland curse continues in the strangest way? You can rebuild a knee & many parts.. but a triceps muscle? awful if it ends for Joe this way. And that my friends would have put SB as The Lands scapegoat & draft card dealing Dayes to a end for Mr. Brown imo)     

13 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'd like to see Hogan get traded just for the humor of seeing a PoG melt-down.

Dream Large..Hogans contracts up too at seasons end :)

I can't think of any trades I want to see happen for us...unless we can figure out a way to secure a productive WR.  And I don't see that happening. 

16 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Hue Jackson and Sashi Brown for Bill Belichick and Bill Polian.

Not sure they'd "play well together".

On 10/26/2017 at 2:30 AM, wargograw said:

Who is said player? and why would we trade Danny if he's playing like he should?

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I was thinking along the lines of a 2nd teamer or even a PS player that is better than our 2nd teamer.

We have three auditioning... Drango (who was a LT in college), Banner and Sterup...  with a 4th, Rod Johnson, on the shelf next to Joe.

^^belch, That what Canton Dawg said^^..Crow to Panthers,Chargers,Jets or Gaints.. cuz watching a bigger Trent Richardson 2.0 running into OL backs with no vision is really getting old. Most know Crows not re-signing here. A weekly OL with Band-Aids will leave us getting nothing for this Guy..Get what ya can..Any playoff contenders need a RB? 

On 10/27/2017 at 9:40 AM, Canton Dawg said:

Kenny Britt for a bong and a warm six pack.

That is asking too much. Maybe left over beer in a cup left at the end of next home game. Backwash included.

Imagine all of the terrified players around the NFL who don't want to see The Turk coming for them with that pink trade notification card...........

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21201983/cleveland-browns-shopping-weapons-offense

Browns looking for offensive weapons ahead of trade deadline, sources say:

The Cleveland Browns are exploring ways to acquire more offensive weapons before Tuesday's trade deadline, a league source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Browns are looking for a deep-ball threat who can spread the field for the offense, as well as help for the running game, which has struggled all season.

Hue Jackson's Cleveland team is 0-7 entering Sunday's game against the Minnesota Vikings in London. Its offense ranks second worst in the league in points per game (14.7).

The Browns' receiving unit lost second-year player Corey Coleman to a broken right hand in Week 2, and Kenny Britt has been a free agent bust. Duke Johnson Jr., who is listed as a running back, leads the Browns in receptions (32) and receiving yards (314). In the backfield, Isaiah Crowell has failed to duplicate a strong 2016, amassing only 287 yards on 91 carries (3.2-yard average) on the year.

The lack of weapons hasn't helped the quarterback play. Rookie DeShone Kizer has been pulled from two of his past three starts but will get the nod behind center against Minnesota.

Since then-coach Mike Pettine made the decision to bench Brian Hoyer in favor of Johnny Manziel in 2014, the Browns have changed starting quarterbacks in 20 of the past 43 games, through last Sunday's loss to the Tennessee Titans. Nine of the moves were made because of injury, and 11 were made because of a coach's decision.

Archived