THE BROWNS BOARD

QBs the Browns could have picked

The Gipper

14 hours ago, wargograw said:

You're making my point. You'd rather just scrap everything and grab a new lottery ticket than actually try to build on what we're already doing and fix what's wrong. That's a grave error, in my opinion.

Every team that has lifted itself out of the dump has used traditional methods. Saints, Texans, Bucs, etc. No one had to reinvent the wheel but they likely had scouts who weren’t envious of Stevie Wonder’s eye for talent.

Instead of viewing it as a lottery ticket, why don’t you frame it like a girlfriend. So far she made dinner once a week but takes atrocious shits in the bathroom, refuses to give blow jobs, and wants you to spend all of your time with her. But if you just keep putting up with her she will turn it around. She promises.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, medicineman said:

I believe some of the QB we did draft could play but when you have a new coach every year or every other year and each coach is telling you different things...................Maybe we had the right qb and the wrong coach. Our QB is not calling plays it is our moron of a coach.  Just about every teammate said Johnny Football was a great player, just about all of them, what we seen was him not being able to play the way he wanted to, a coach who told him he wanted him to take a sack instead of running the ball, I am not saying JM was the answer at all or Anderson or Quinn or Mcoy I am only saying at some point we have to blame the coach for well not being able to coach.

Not one Browns QB since '99 left the Browns and ever did anything but be a backup. You think at least one of them would have escaped the horrible Browns coaches who held him down and became a viable starting QB in the NFL, but not one did.

On 10/28/2017 at 9:33 AM, Westside Steve said:

And equally interesting topic would be here's a list of the quarterbacks that would now be working for UPS had they been drafted by the Browns.

WSS

Since that is your idea....it is your task to do the research on it.

On 10/28/2017 at 3:49 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Not one Browns QB since '99 left the Browns and ever did anything but be a backup. You think at least one of them would have escaped the horrible Browns coaches who held him down and became a viable starting QB in the NFL, but not one did.

You are absolutely right.   People...assholes...say...."if this guy goes to the Browns, he will be ruined".  I disagree....I think that it is the Browns that have been ruined by these guys coming here.  Hardly any of them have been worth a Sheet....here or anywhere else they have gone.

Oh....and the same is true for any of the coaches we have had here....at least since 1999.  Not one of them has gone on to a HC job anywhere else where they have had any success.  Crennell looked OK in KC for a while...then his teams did worse than the Browns.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You are absolutely right.   People...assholes...say...."if this guy goes to the Browns, he will be ruined".  I disagree....I think that it is the Browns that have been ruined by these guys coming here.  Hardly any of them have been worth a Sheet....here or anywhere else they have gone.

Oh....and the same is true for any of the coaches we have had here....at least since 1999.  Not one of them has gone on to a HC job anywhere else where they have had any success.  Crennell looked OK in KC for a while...then his teams did worse than the Browns.

I made pretty much the exact same point in another thread about why you need to build a team around a qb.  You can't name one qb out of the 20+ starters we've had that went to a "real franchise" or "team with better weapons" that was worth a damn. If it was just the system in Cleveland,  at least someone would've broken through elsewhere.  

Also,  you think a good young qb isn't going to make your team more appealing to good skill players and coaches? Somehow nobody in the fo gets it. 

Only hope is that Wentz and watson keep looking great.  Then it becomes impossible to ignore the media ridicule about how bad the fo messed up the draft twice in a row.  

Archived