THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Texans Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

I wouldn't say the Hogan experiment failed, just postponed a little.

There's no doubt that you are in fact Linus and the Great Pumpkin is Hogan.  (and I mean that in a good way...or a 'cute' way)   :)

Here's what I think:  Hogan was a 5th round pick that got cut by the team that drafted him.   We signed him a year ago and he actually saw the field last year.....because our Harvard Think Tank phucked up the OL and we got QB's broken to pieces, including one named Jesus.  He survived the cuts this year because Osweiler was so bad.  And he actually got his BIG CHANCE last week because our draft pick QB was playing badly.  Unfortunately for Hogan (the Great Pumpkin) his big chance went terribly wrong and now he's going back to being a guy we signed who got cut from his original team.   

That's what I think.  That and 25 cents will get ya a phone call...or a song in a jukebox...or a bubble gum from a machine, etc....

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Orion said:

That and 25 cents will get ya a phone call...or a song in a jukebox...

IOU .25 cents..just change the words to Vampires,Mummy's and the Hogan Ghost...Trick or Treat!! 

19 hours ago, D Bone said:

I don't like our forced choices due to the roster, but since we can't go back in time and change it, I'll just answer your question based on the dudes that are currently on the 53.

Now that the Hogan experiment has crashed and burned so badly, I don't see any other option for Hue other than starting Kizer for the remainder of the season. I believe we will end up 0-16, with 1-15 being optimistic with Kizer under center (in shotgun is more accurate), but I don't think the record changes at all with any of the current roster'd QBs under center either because the overall talent acquired by the FO, as well as the game day coaching level are simply that bad...... We need to find out 100% if Kizer is the guy (and I don't think he is) before the final whistle blows on our horrific season. 

Hue needs to promote from within and appoint an OC, and do so immediately..... That is the only way that I personally would give Hue any more rope, as I think his leash is now a choke chain. 

I don't pretend to be an internet GM, as I'll leave that to others on this forum that fancy themselves far smarter than me....... I believe I answered your question. 

edit: Also, don't confuse me wanting to see Kizer for the rest of the year, with me being "OK" going 0-16..... I'm not OK. I'm embarrassed. The organization is currently pathetic, and I have no confidence or even hope, that they'll improve over the next 48 games. 

My name is Tour and I'm here to help...

First, didn't you just play "internet GM"... or maybe internet VP of Football Operations?

Second... well nothing... most everything else is a reasonable take on our current circumstance. I'd only disagree on the our talent level in areas of the team, but "overall"? Given what we've seen from our Offensive skill positions plus FS, it's enough to drag overall down to "bad".

But here's the thing... we have the opportunity to address every deficiency in one off-season... the upcoming off-season.

Keep your eyes on the prize... it'll make what is to come bearable. Enjoyable? That's up to Mr. Kizer. If the switch flips...

12 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Hogan took a shot early in the game that left him with bruised ribs, which could have amped up the adrenaline even more.

Adrenaline? So his arm is even weaker than we saw?

Oy vey...

38 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

But here's the thing... we have the opportunity to address every deficiency in one off-season... the upcoming off-season

...... and that's what scares some of us, including me, the most T. I have seen very little so far that inspires much hope, and I fear the 'brain-trust' (where's that pink font button?) will take our vast amounts of draft capital, and buy shares of AOL Messenger with it.

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

...... and that's what scares some of us, including me, the most T. I have seen very little so far that inspires much hope, and I fear the 'brain-trust' (where's that pink font button?) will take our vast amounts of draft capital, and buy shares of AOL Messenger with it.

Not really, D... even if go all draft, we've two 1sts and two 2nds, IIRC... QB, RB, WR, FS... in some order is doable. That said, I think at least one will be via FA route... likely RB.. maybe WR as well. Might even go both routes for a position or two.

As to skepticism over hitting on all four positions? That's healthy... going 4 for 4 at the top of a draft is far from a given... no matter the FO. But your tone is more "O-fer", and that's unjustifiably negative, IMO.

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

But your tone is more "O-fer", and that's unjustifiably negative, IMO.

I'll have to refer you to our current 1-21 record..... That is who we are and what the current regime has built. 

Based on the above, any judge would easily grant my justifiable homicide defense.

41 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:
  1. You are becoming very high maintenance...
  2. Progress >> Success... at least right now.

1. Just totally and completely sick and tired of losing....

2. For you. For me, I don't buy into the notion that we should accept only 1 win in 22 NFL games (and counting) during a reboot - jeez that reads even worse than just typing 1-21. 

5 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Rebuild is on FO..Re-Boot is what Hue believed he signed up for(long gone).. imho 

In an era that sees teams go from last to first in one offseason, it is totally unacceptable that during 'The Process' of rebuilding/rebooting this team couldn't manage to at least go .250/4-12 for God's sake.

We all have limits to our trust and patience, and everyone's is different and I guess mine was at 19-20ish games, whereas T's is much longer..... Hopefully The Process succeeds soon and we never get to his limit, because I probably won't be around to see it. 

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

In an era that sees teams go from last to first in one offseason, it is totally unacceptable that during 'The Process' of rebuilding/rebooting this team couldn't manage to at least go .250/4-12 for God's sake.

We all have limits to our trust and patience, and everyone's is different and I guess mine was at 19-20ish games, whereas T's is much longer..... Hopefully The Process succeeds soon and we never get to his limit, because I probably won't be around to see it. 

it damn better work.

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Not really, D... even if go all draft, we've two 1sts and two 2nds, IIRC... QB, RB, WR, FS... in some order is doable. That said, I think at least one will be via FA route... likely RB.. maybe WR as well. Might even go both routes for a position or two.

As to skepticism over hitting on all four positions? That's healthy... going 4 for 4 at the top of a draft is far from a given... no matter the FO. But your tone is more "O-fer", and that's unjustifiably negative, IMO.

Who do you like as a FA RB?

We need one of the receivers currently on the roster to have the light go on next year and at minimum become a high end WR2. Otherwise, even if we do go 4-4 on those picks you laid out, we'll still have to  wait a year or two to see them grow up. I know D Bone doesn't have the patience for that and I kinda doubt Jimmy will after 2018 (unfortunately).

Agree on a rostered WR. Always helps (me at least) to remember that the order could/should be Gordon/Coleman/XXXXX/YYYYY... and yes, I know Gordon is a pipe dream at this point... but one on which I am developing a theory coming soon to a thread near you.

RB FA's?

• Blount is the first to catch my eye... gives us the power back we've lacked since forever and is now really flashing in Philly... maybe too much to come available.
  • Hyde is another. It looks like SF may have his replacement warming up in the bullpen. Hyde's a better Crow.
  • Most of the others, e.g., Coleman, Ellington, are very Duke-like and any upgrade seems minimal.
18 hours ago, D Bone said:

1. Just totally and completely sick and tired of losing....

2. For you. For me, I don't buy into the notion that we should accept only 1 win in 22 NFL games (and counting) during a reboot - jeez that reads even worse than just typing 1-21. 

I accept reality, not losing. I look for progress because it is what I do. Even when we "win", I look for reasons why and progress.

17 hours ago, D Bone said:

Stop with the "worst to first" bullsh!t... please. There are only a couple of examples where it happened in the absence of the season prior to "worst" being "first".... or damn close to first as in a "contender". It's a myth.

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

There are only a couple of examples where it happened in the absence of the season prior to "worst" being "first".... or damn close to first as in a "contender". It's a myth.

So are there "only a couple of examples" (as in it's happened before), or is it "a myth" (where it hasn't happened or exist, yet folklore says it has)?  Can't be both there T! 

The Browns are making you crazy too, just in a different way. ;) 

lol... alright...

Although strictly speaking many myths have a basis in reality... ;)

As for crazy? Did that to myself... long ago...

Anybody else see the story about Coleman and Britt missing curfew Saturday night and getting sent home on Sunday? Really, can we just cut the piece of Sheet and eat his cash? 

1 hour ago, TopDawg31 said:

Anybody else see the story about Coleman and Britt missing curfew Saturday night and getting sent home on Sunday? Really, can we just cut the piece of Sheet and eat his cash? 

Britt is absolutely worthless! Who was responsible for that disaster?:angry:

1 hour ago, TopDawg31 said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/21/browns-sent-kenny-britt-and-corey-coleman-home-from-houston-for-missing-curfew/

Browns sent Kenny Britt and Corey Coleman home from Houston for missing curfew
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 21, 2017, 3:11 PM EDT

The winless Browns have been a mess on the field this year, and they have some problems off the field as well.

According to Mike Garafolo of NFL Network, last week in Houston receivers Kenny Britt and Corey Coleman were both sent home early after they missed Saturday night curfew. Britt and Coleman had both already been ruled out for the game against the Texans with injuries, but they traveled with the team and were expected to attend meetings and team functions and stand on the sidelines during the game. Instead, they were already on the way back to Cleveland by kickoff.

The incident is the latest in a long line of disappointments for both players in Cleveland. The Browns signed Britt to a four-year, $32.5 million contract this offseason, and he’s been a big disappointment. Coleman was a first-round pick last year, but he’s been limited by injuries and has just 39 catches so far in his NFL career.

The Browns have not publicly addressed the matter. Britt is listed as questionable for tomorrow’s game against the Titans with knee and groin injuries, while Coleman remains on injured reserve with a broken hand.

Archived