THE BROWNS BOARD

ALERT - Russians been using Kaspersky anti-virus to hack around the world

calfoxwc

https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/11/israel-kaspersky-russia-nsa-hack/

just saw this on the news. I never used it - it's from a RUSSIAN company - so there ya go. The Israelis watched this software

hack, and warned us.

Saw on the news - it has been used in our STATE DEPT... and other depts in our gov.

what the hell? Many of us in the computer field wouldn't use it years before, I always advised to NOT use it for years.

Now we know. I wonder when we started using Kaspersky anyways. obamao? clinton?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaspersky_Lab

Kaspersky Lab (/kæˈspɜːrski/ ; Russian: Лаборатория Касперского, Laboratoriya Kasperskogo) is a Russian multinational cybersecurity and anti-virus provider headquartered in Moscow, Russia and operated by a holding company in the United Kingdom. It was founded in 1997 by Eugene Kaspersky, who is currently the CEO. Kaspersky Lab develops and sells antivirus, internet security, password management, endpoint security, and other cybersecurity products and services.[2]

Kaspersky expanded internationally from 2005–2010 and grew to more than $700 million in annual revenues by 2014. As of 2016, the software has about 400 million users and has the largest market-share of cybersecurity software vendors in Europe.

Oh and btw kaspetsky is who caught israeli intelligence putting a massive backdoor into lenovo laptops a few years back. People with lenovo laptops that connected to a public wifi could have their entire computer downloaded to someone just hanging out having coffee. 

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/bitwise/2015/02/lenovo_superfish_scandal_why_it_s_one_of_the_worst_consumer_computing_screw.html

12 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Cal has been bitching about the Russians for years you insufferable moron.

Remember if your party wasn't dirty there would be nothing to hack.

WSS

Oh yeah all of u bitched about the russians until they were bffs. During the election u guys were seallowing russian hog "to the root" daily. Any thoughts of maybe u guys should be careful the russians play their own game....u breezily dismissed as liberal sour grapes. The russians are cool, we beed to work with them not against them, putin looks so virile walking around without his shirt off...etc,etc,etc

yesh pardon me if i dont buy ur typical cowpoop. I told u all a year ago dont trust the russians they're snakes. P

5 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

You could try using Linux. It doesn't have 1/100th of the virus/malware problems that windows does.

Theres not much reason to stay beholden to windows these days unless you're the sort of person that kept paying AOL until 2010

Yeah but linux isnt very optimized for gpu intensive applications. 😚

If you believe all the claims then Israel hacked Kaspersky, which was hacking an NSA employee who had stolen NSA hacks, while being hacked by Russia which was hacked by the NSA, while the NSA was warned by Israel about Russian hacks.

Or maybe, just maybe, it's yet more BS spin.

You do realize that the owner of Kaspersky offered to provide his source code for free for government evaluation and offered to testify to Congress? And he was.... turned down on both counts. [Hint: Because they know it's a transparently BS claim.]

1) U.S. and British spies systematically target all anti-virus products and companies.. and the "actual" fact is that they regard Kaspersky as a hindrance to their hacking.

2) If the story were true the NSA would have reacted immediately.. by banning all Kaspersky products from U.S. government systems. But the story they're continuing to promote is.. The NSA allowed the Russian government, for more than a year, to sniff through all systems of the more than two dozen American government agencies (including the military) which use the Kaspersky products?

Nope. Not true in the slightest.

You do realize that the owner of Kaspersky offered to provide his source code for free for government evaluation and offered to testify to Congress? And he was.... turned down on both counts. [Hint: Because they know it's a transparently BS claim.]

so, he "offered...." ... to avoid big serious personal jail time? I got yer russian collusion right here:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-19/cybersecurity-kaspersky-has-close-ties-to-russian-spies

Founder and Chief Executive Officer Eugene Kaspersky was educated at a KGB-sponsored cryptography institute, then worked for Russian military intelligence

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-11/kaspersky-lab-has-been-working-with-russian-intelligence

Archived