Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Zombo

Hogan Named Starter

Recommended Posts

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:56 AM, Canton Dawg said:

Hogan is now the 28th starter. . .

 

C10AA159-3B6B-40B1-859B-20661E6B4B7F.jpeg

We have had 28 since the Browns 2.0 came along. Which other team has the most in the same era? New England probably has least (5).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Man... there is going to be some serious reality checking Sunday afternoon...

As in avoiding that matchup??? Not a factor...

I think it's part nod to the fans... and part saving Kizer from a very rough stretch. One that I will admit Hogan is at present better equipped to compete in...

Texans --- Titans --- Vikes (in London)... Bye Week... Lions --- Jags... that's the max I can see Hogan going.

  • Texans are bent, but not broken on D... and have found an Offense.
  • Titans' D is seriously underperforming so far, but O is getting MM back.
  • Vikes'... strong D, weak O... and London does weird things to teams
  • Lions... prolly the most balanced team in the stretch.
  • Jags... prolly the most unbalanced team in the stretch... and yet they are winning. They are the team many of us thought we'd be.

Leaves six games to complete the Kizer evaluation... and stop wasting time on Hogan...

 

What happens if we go 3-2 in those? Hell even 2-3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are not going to be seeing the 0-5 Browns team this weekend. You are going to see that 4-0 Preseason team that was looking outstanding. Hogan changes this team, the QB is the Trigger Man. He's a PG (point guard) on the Gridiron. We seen Kizer go 0-5 and Hogan kept it close a couple games. He also saved us from getting skunked. What happens is Hogan goes 3-0 going into the BYE week? What happens then? Better yet, what happens when Hollywood Hogan goes 5-0 over that stretch, will you still be clamoring for Kizer? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Marc1971 said:

We have had 28 since the Browns 2.0 came along. Which other team has the most in the same era? New England probably has least (5).

 

F1184688-DD4C-435E-AC7C-C219E411091B.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I like about Hogan is his perseverance. He's done it the right way. NOTHING has been given to him, he's worked his way up from Practice Squad to Face of the Franchise. There would not be a better story in all of Pro Football if Hogan is who I think he is. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

What I like about Hogan is his perseverance. He's done it the right way. NOTHING has been given to him, he's worked his way up from Practice Squad to Face of the Franchise. There would not be a better story in all of Pro Football if Hogan is who I think he is. 

Laying it on nice and thick, aren't we?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You want me to lie and say, "I don't think that Hogan's going to light the world on fire". 

 

I think that he's going to make some mistakes but he's going to blossom in front of our eyes. Hope is a beautiful thing! I have hope.

 

Hue Jackson said, "Kevin Hogan just keeps getting better and better". That implies to me that he hasn't even come close to his ceiling yet. Who made a rule that there HAS TO BE a ceiling at all? What if he doesn't have one? 

 

Let's rally to him and show him that Dawgpound love. Believeland.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Laying it on nice and thick, aren't we?

 

Why not hope POG is right. For fk sake this team could use a little luck from the guy who replaced Luck 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that Wentz guy looks like Sheet. Glad we traded down and picked some bum who won't be on any roster next year plus a 5th rounder in 2025.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 Here is an analytic breakdown for Hogan. It's an interesting take.

His jump from Highschool to College was huge.

His college production says he could have a projected rating much higher than an NFL ProBowl QB but his HS stats show him not even registering for a job as a starting NFL QB. This video says it all though- that there really hasn't ever been a QB like Kevin Hogan in the NFL.

He's the great anomaly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I think he's batshit crazy every now and again, what I like about PoG is he always talks about what he is seeing, and what he thinks is best....... He never condescendingly tells us that we are stupid for not believing what he does, or how he is the all knowing greatest Browns fan walking the planet, like a few others like to do here.

PoG is right about as often as he's wrong - like a lot of us here, and here's to hoping that he is 100% right on Hogan!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2017 at 9:16 AM, wargograw said:

I’m all for this as long as it’s not an indication of pressure on Hue. 

???  this is the nfl. Of course there is pressure on a guy who is 1-20.  Jesus christ.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I can't believe we are giving an nfl start to kevin fauckin hogan.  He has a 3 second windup and his release point looks like something out of a ukranian shotput competiton.  I watched this guy look like hot garbage playing for stanford for most of his career.

I'd watch those games and think "huh, if only stanford had a decent qb they would be pretty good".  

 

And we're giving him an nfl start?  jesus christ.  Kizer blows and has no business starting games in the nfl, but at least he has a few qualities that could pass for an nfl qb.  Still terrible though, but at least him throwing the ball resembles an actual qb...even if we have no idea where its going.  

 

Kevin Hogan's mechanics makes Tim Tebow look like Tom Brady.  

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Orion said:

Let's hold off on the 'wasting time' thought until we've seen the guy in action.  (My God, I'm sounding like Poetic.  What's happened to me??!)

I can do that... starting live and in color this Sunday.

6 hours ago, CaineDeSoulis said:

we have 11 games to complete hogans evaluation... good thing we stopped wasting time on kizer...

Care to make it interesting?

Say set the over/under on Hogan starts when both choices are healthy at 5.5 and back our guy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Why not hope POG is right. For fk sake this team could use a little luck from the guy who replaced Luck 

Sure... also hoped Santa was real once upon a time...

Did I just burst another of Po's bubbles?

5 hours ago, jcam222 said:

What happens if we go 3-2 in those? Hell even 2-3

2-3? Easy... look at Kizer.

3-2? Gets tougher, but whatever limited success Hogan may have still leaves the questions of Kizer and whether we need to aggressively pursue a QB in the Draft. The latter is the question to which I keep coming back.

5 hours ago, PoeticG said:

You are not going to be seeing the 0-5 Browns team this weekend. You are going to see that 4-0 Preseason team that was looking outstanding. Hogan changes this team, the QB is the Trigger Man. He's a PG (point guard) on the Gridiron. We seen Kizer go 0-5 and Hogan kept it close a couple games. He also saved us from getting skunked. What happens is Hogan goes 3-0 going into the BYE week? What happens then? Better yet, what happens when Hollywood Hogan goes 5-0 over that stretch, will you still be clamoring for Kizer? 

5-0, no not clamoring. Care to make it interesting? Say an O/U of 2.5 wins?

5 hours ago, PoeticG said:

What I like about Hogan is his perseverance. He's done it the right way. NOTHING has been given to him, he's worked his way up from Practice Squad to Face of the Franchise.

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Laying it on nice and thick, aren't we?

Just a tad  at the tail end... maybe a tad-and-a-half...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I can do that... starting live and in color this Sunday.

Care to make it interesting?

Say set the over/under on Hogan starts when both choices are healthy at 5.5 and back our guy?

I'll be there too....  We win, I'll buy you a drink at Papasitos.  Thank God I'm not flying down to watch another Kizer s**t show. 

No prediction but- if Hogan really is as bad as you think he is- you're going to see Kizer sooner rather than later- say after a three game audition. Now LOL, if Hogan is the Hero- Kizer's going to get benched indefinitely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not saying "bad", h... likely it'll be better than the show Kizer would have put on. But also expect it just won't be good enough.

And thanks to the effin Yankees, I'll be booking it out of Houston ASAP after the game... I have a three hour drive from the bro-in-law's to home and it'll take an hour to clear the stadium parking and get to his house.. Hope it's celebratory drive... but I doubt it.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Why not hope POG is right. For fk sake this team could use a little luck from the guy who replaced Luck 

I'm sorry if I roll my eyes at the thought that Kevin Hogan is Steve Young, the face of the Browns franchise, a future Hall of Famer, and whatever nonsense PoG has described Hogan as.

And I'll tell you what, I don't want to see excuse after excuse for why the Browns lose this Sunday vs Houston (if that happens) with Hogan under center. PoG said that wins and losses are all that matter, and with Hogan the Browns will be a winning team. We'll see.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jcam222 said:

What happens if we go 3-2 in those? Hell even 2-3

I don't think the W/L situation matters during Hogan's reign.  The question is How does he perform?  Is he doing HIS job well?  The QB will not be able to control receivers running incorrect routes or dropping well placed passes.  Or RB's fumbling balls, or kickers shanking FG's, or the defense playing poorly.  Hogan needs to be judged on his own performance(s).  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with you on this, PoG...I think Hogan is going to make the most of his chance. This will be similar to the run that Hoyer had. He could save Hue's job.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PoeticG said:

You are not going to be seeing the 0-5 Browns team this weekend. You are going to see that 4-0 Preseason team that was looking outstanding. Hogan changes this team, the QB is the Trigger Man. He's a PG (point guard) on the Gridiron. We seen Kizer go 0-5 and Hogan kept it close a couple games. He also saved us from getting skunked. What happens is Hogan goes 3-0 going into the BYE week? What happens then? Better yet, what happens when Hollywood Hogan goes 5-0 over that stretch, will you still be clamoring for Kizer? 

love you man but..........for real?

13 hours ago, PoeticG said:

What I like about Hogan is his perseverance. He's done it the right way. NOTHING has been given to him, he's worked his way up from Practice Squad to Face of the Franchise. There would not be a better story in all of Pro Football if Hogan is who I think he is. 

what was the name of the guy from south caroline that everyone was ;clamoring' over to play and be the starter? geez, his name slips my mind.............. check out his wiki page. where is he now? exactly.

9 hours ago, Tacosman said:

 

I can't believe we are giving an nfl start to kevin fauckin hogan.  He has a 3 second windup and his release point looks like something out of a ukranian shotput competiton.  I watched this guy look like hot garbage playing for stanford for most of his career.

I'd watch those games and think "huh, if only stanford had a decent qb they would be pretty good".  

 

And we're giving him an nfl start?  jesus christ.  Kizer blows and has no business starting games in the nfl, but at least he has a few qualities that could pass for an nfl qb.  Still terrible though, but at least him throwing the ball resembles an actual qb...even if we have no idea where its going.  

 

Kevin Hogan's mechanics makes Tim Tebow look like Tom Brady.  

now that is some funny shart right there!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

love you man but..........for real?

what was the name of the guy from south caroline that everyone was ;clamoring' over to play and be the starter? geez, his name slips my mind.............. check out his wiki page. where is he now? exactly.

now that is some funny shart right there!!!!!!!!!

OK, it was Connor Shaw, broke his leg  playing for Da 🐻 s. At worst we found a decent backup. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

And I'll tell you what, I don't want to see excuse after excuse for why the Browns lose this Sunday vs Houston (if that happens) with Hogan under center.

If you are serious, then you better close that loophole... pronto. If you do not, then excuse one will be: Hue put Kevin in the gun too much...

My name is Tour and I am here to help...

4 hours ago, Orion said:

I don't think the W/L situation matters during Hogan's reign.  The question is How does he perform?  Is he doing HIS job well?  The QB will not be able to control receivers running incorrect routes or dropping well placed passes.  Or RB's fumbling balls, or kickers shanking FG's, or the defense playing poorly.  Hogan needs to be judged on his own performance(s).  

In other words... just like Kizer has been judged... image.gif.19b3790f781f5cec2bbae24fd21545be.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess who...

Career Stats more
Season Team   Passing Rushing Fumbles
  G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
2017 Cleveland Browns 3 0 26 38 68.4 377 9.9 3 2 2 8 104.8 5 35 7.0 0 -- --
 
2016 Cleveland Browns 4 0 14 26 53.8 104 4.0 0 2 2 10 31.6 8 105 13.1 1 -- --
 
TOTAL 40 64 62.5 481 7.5 3 4 4 18 75.1 13 140 10.8 1 0 0

 

Nice rushing total...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×