Sign in to follow this  
Zombo

Hogan Named Starter

Hogan starts.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Kevin-Hogan-named-Browns-starting-quarterback/717ab4f8-884f-418e-96f8-e55c1ae97e9b

Kevin Hoganicon-article-link.gif will make his first career NFL start Sunday when the Browns face the Texans, Cleveland head coach Hue Jackson announced Wednesday.

“I’ve made the decision to start Kevin this week," Jackson said in a statement. "We’ve liked what Kevin has been able to do within our offense when he’s been in there and he will ‪start on Sunday because that’s what we feel is best for our team at this point in time. This does not change the way we feel about DeShone going forward. He has worked extremely hard and still very much has a bright future. Right now, it’s better for him and his development to back up Kevin.”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is this good?  Does it matter? The only game I got to watch this year was..... unimpressive.

I'd say it matters. Most important positon on the field and we are playing the guy that moves the team better and gets into the end zone more often. If you are into those kinds of things.

Our depth chart, with the defense healthy, looks as strong as it has all year.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Cleveland-Browns-unofficial-depth-chart-vs-Texans---1010/62fcbb7e-3003-4b53-8cb4-8b988ee54c32

Total trap Game for the Texans.

Zombo

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've heard some of the naysayers around here exclaiming that Hogan isn't going to be the future of this team!

Why would that be and why would Kizer be the future?

Or to paraphrase the Firesign Theatre the future's not here yet man.

WSS

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

I've heard some of the naysayers around here exclaiming that Hogan isn't going to be the future of this team!

Why would that be and why would Kizer be the future?

Or to paraphrase the Firesign Theatre the future's not here yet man.

WSS

We don't know until we get an extensive look.

From what I have seen, he is much more accurate than Kizer and much more mobile than Kessler, he has tons of experience at Division I Stanford ... and he's fucking Irish. So let's give him a whirl.

Zombo

• Like 1

I’m all for this as long as it’s not an indication of pressure on Hue. 

26 minutes ago, Zombo said:

We don't know until we get an extensive look.

From what I have seen, he is much more accurate than Kizer and much more mobile than Kessler, he has tons of experience at Division I Stanford ... and he's Shmucking Irish. So let's give him a whirl.

Zombo

I'm on board with that. Don't know if I'm ready to give up on Kizer yet but like I said before I like Hogan.

WSS

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm on board with that. Don't know if I'm ready to give up on Kizer yet but like I said before I like Hogan.

WSS

I'm not giving up on Kizer at all, and I know the franchise is not. Hogan is getting it better right now, and performing better, so as a Head Coach, I think you need to play him and see what you've got as a QB and as a team.

Zombo

Im not surprised at Hue going against his word, but when you're 0-5 and turning the ball over in the most important part of the field, you make a change.

When you're only completing 50% of passes, you make a change

When you're backup comes into the game and can produce, you make a change and give that guy the ball..

I'm not giving up on Kizer either, but he's not ready..

If we leave him in all year, we may win 1-3 games.

I think Hogan can lead us to more wins. As long as our run game gets going, and our WRs can catch a fukin ball

1 hour ago, wargograw said:

F u c k Hue.  Hopefully he's gone regardless.  Go Hogan.

• Like 2

I'm not 100% certain that Kizer was handpicked by Hue, which is the popular belief. Kizer may have been Sashi, the village idiot's pick. I hope Kizer comes around, but there have been plenty of other qb's with a strong arm and slow release that have failed here...Brandon Weeden, to name one. Hogan is the right choice to have any chance of winning a game. That is not to say that he is the franchise qb....but, why not?

21 minutes ago, lodilobo said:

I'm not 100% certain that Kizer was handpicked by Hue, which is the popular belief. Kizer may have been Sashi, the village idiot's pick. I hope Kizer comes around, but there have been plenty of other qb's with a strong arm and slow release that have failed here...Brandon Weeden, to name one. Hogan is the right choice to have any chance of winning a game. That is not to say that he is the franchise qb....but, why not?

My 0.02? BFT. That is all.

3 hours ago, wargograw said:

It's almost ABSOLUTELY an indication of pressure on Hue to win. As there should be... The same guy last week was quoted calling Hogan "just the backup" and Kizer the "Future" days earlier. Plus he's gone against his word on this... I'm not going to be surprised if soon Kizer is the inactive QB on sundays...

• Upvote 3

Just now, CaineDeSoulis said:

It's almost ABSOLUTELY an indication of pressure on Hue to win. As there should be... The same guy last week was quoted calling Hogan "just the backup" and Kizer the "Future" days earlier. Plus he's gone against his word on this... I'm not going to be surprised if soon Kizer is the inactive QB on sundays...

Kizer definitely wasn't ready to start. No shame in him sitting. He doesn't have to get his butt kicked every game to eventually evolve into a great qb.

That's correct no shame in kizer not being ready but PLENTY of Shame in a Coach so determined to be right that he would knowingly put him out there not ready and endanger him like that. we are talking about a kid thats played QB about 5 years total (being generous here)

Isn't this how cousins became the red skins starter?

• Like 1

And that's 28 (since 1999).

How many of those were meant to be actual starters? Couch, Garcia, Dilfer, Anderson, McCoy, Weeden, Hoyer, Josh McCown, Kizer?

8 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

I'm hoping next year Cousins is the Browns starter, and then we use that 1-3 pick on an offensive play maker...... Like maybe Saquon Barkley. 

12 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

Almost exactly, but RG III had an extra season or two before Kirk took over.... 

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

I'm hoping next year Cousins is the Browns starter, and then we use that 1-3 pick on an offensive play maker...... Like maybe Saquon Barkley. 

:) might have to outbid the 49ers on that one & they have the inside track.... 

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

:) might have to outbid the 49ers on that one & they have the inside track.... 

Well, we got money to burn so hopefully we grab a lighter! 

Hogan will be the next Brian Sipe, book it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1