THE BROWNS BOARD

Hogan Named Starter

Zombo

Hogan starts.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Kevin-Hogan-named-Browns-starting-quarterback/717ab4f8-884f-418e-96f8-e55c1ae97e9b

Kevin Hoganicon-article-link.gif will make his first career NFL start Sunday when the Browns face the Texans, Cleveland head coach Hue Jackson announced Wednesday.

“I’ve made the decision to start Kevin this week," Jackson said in a statement. "We’ve liked what Kevin has been able to do within our offense when he’s been in there and he will ‪start on Sunday because that’s what we feel is best for our team at this point in time. This does not change the way we feel about DeShone going forward. He has worked extremely hard and still very much has a bright future. Right now, it’s better for him and his development to back up Kevin.”

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say it matters. Most important positon on the field and we are playing the guy that moves the team better and gets into the end zone more often. If you are into those kinds of things.

Our depth chart, with the defense healthy, looks as strong as it has all year.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Cleveland-Browns-unofficial-depth-chart-vs-Texans---1010/62fcbb7e-3003-4b53-8cb4-8b988ee54c32

Total trap Game for the Texans.

Zombo

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

I've heard some of the naysayers around here exclaiming that Hogan isn't going to be the future of this team!

Why would that be and why would Kizer be the future?

Or to paraphrase the Firesign Theatre the future's not here yet man.

WSS

We don't know until we get an extensive look.

From what I have seen, he is much more accurate than Kizer and much more mobile than Kessler, he has tons of experience at Division I Stanford ... and he's fucking Irish. So let's give him a whirl.

Zombo

26 minutes ago, Zombo said:

We don't know until we get an extensive look.

From what I have seen, he is much more accurate than Kizer and much more mobile than Kessler, he has tons of experience at Division I Stanford ... and he's Shmucking Irish. So let's give him a whirl.

Zombo

I'm on board with that. Don't know if I'm ready to give up on Kizer yet but like I said before I like Hogan.

WSS

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm on board with that. Don't know if I'm ready to give up on Kizer yet but like I said before I like Hogan.

WSS

I'm not giving up on Kizer at all, and I know the franchise is not. Hogan is getting it better right now, and performing better, so as a Head Coach, I think you need to play him and see what you've got as a QB and as a team.

Zombo

Im not surprised at Hue going against his word, but when you're 0-5 and turning the ball over in the most important part of the field, you make a change.

When you're only completing 50% of passes, you make a change

When you're backup comes into the game and can produce, you make a change and give that guy the ball..

I'm not giving up on Kizer either, but he's not ready..

If we leave him in all year, we may win 1-3 games.

I think Hogan can lead us to more wins. As long as our run game gets going, and our WRs can catch a fukin ball

I'm not 100% certain that Kizer was handpicked by Hue, which is the popular belief. Kizer may have been Sashi, the village idiot's pick. I hope Kizer comes around, but there have been plenty of other qb's with a strong arm and slow release that have failed here...Brandon Weeden, to name one. Hogan is the right choice to have any chance of winning a game. That is not to say that he is the franchise qb....but, why not?

21 minutes ago, lodilobo said:

I'm not 100% certain that Kizer was handpicked by Hue, which is the popular belief. Kizer may have been Sashi, the village idiot's pick. I hope Kizer comes around, but there have been plenty of other qb's with a strong arm and slow release that have failed here...Brandon Weeden, to name one. Hogan is the right choice to have any chance of winning a game. That is not to say that he is the franchise qb....but, why not?

My 0.02? BFT. That is all.

3 hours ago, wargograw said:

I’m all for this as long as it’s not an indication of pressure on Hue. 

It's almost ABSOLUTELY an indication of pressure on Hue to win. As there should be... The same guy last week was quoted calling Hogan "just the backup" and Kizer the "Future" days earlier. Plus he's gone against his word on this... I'm not going to be surprised if soon Kizer is the inactive QB on sundays...

Just now, CaineDeSoulis said:

It's almost ABSOLUTELY an indication of pressure on Hue to win. As there should be... The same guy last week was quoted calling Hogan "just the backup" and Kizer the "Future" days earlier. Plus he's gone against his word on this... I'm not going to be surprised if soon Kizer is the inactive QB on sundays...

Kizer definitely wasn't ready to start. No shame in him sitting. He doesn't have to get his butt kicked every game to eventually evolve into a great qb.

8 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

Isn't this how cousins became the red skins starter?

I'm hoping next year Cousins is the Browns starter, and then we use that 1-3 pick on an offensive play maker...... Like maybe Saquon Barkley. 

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

I'm hoping next year Cousins is the Browns starter, and then we use that 1-3 pick on an offensive play maker...... Like maybe Saquon Barkley. 

:) might have to outbid the 49ers on that one & they have the inside track.... 

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

:) might have to outbid the 49ers on that one & they have the inside track.... 

Well, we got money to burn so hopefully we grab a lighter! 

Hogan is Steve Young. 

Dear Hue Jackson,

I would like to thank you for making this switch at QB. I've been hoping that you would use your better judgement and give Kevin Hogan a chance. I know that it's difficult when you have a player that you really want to be good. I understand that. But, being a Cleveland Browns Fan for the last 18-19 years I've seen a lot of QBs come through here. A lot. More than I ever wanted to see. I have always wanted us to finally get a QB to build a team around. I identified Hogan as a guy that I would be willing to see develop and also a guy that I believed had all the raw materials that could be molded into a Champion. I believe in the young man tremendously. I think that he has the right stuff to be a top 5 QB in this league. I just thank you for being open minded and I'm grateful to have a coach that can correct or change in relation to the circumstances. 

I still think that you are a hard headed guy... but so am I, I get it. I think you are going to finally get to see the offense that you envisioned when you drew it up. You will be very surprised about some of the talent on the offensive side of the ball. The QB touches the ball on every play and he gives his blessing on every play. If the QB checks to the run and hands it off, if he calls an audible and throws it deep to the WR on single coverage, he's responsible for the outcome. 

This team is about to take the next step. It's been a long time, it's been a long wait. The Fans are ready, they are hungry. This city is going to go crazy. Hue, I respect you. Good job Coach.

Archived