THE BROWNS BOARD

RIP to a Great Browns fan, and to Ghoolie.

Ghoolie

At roughly 7 am today, my Mom passed away in Youngstown. She battled COPD, and brain and bone cancer thrown in to make the end of her days even more fun. Her and my Dad were Browns fans back to the days of PB and Otto. I remember the young Monte Clark, Ray Renfro, JB, Warfield, Fiss, Gain, Wooten and a ton of old, great Browns. During the summer of 62, my Dad faced a long layoff from US Steel, so we went to Hiram at least 3 days a week to watch the Browns practice. The picture I attached is me and the greatest that ever lived. This was I believe, 1964. Jim's last hurrah. Defensive back Paul Warfield had only just begun to convince Blanton Collier to let him play receiver.

That was the team I loved. That was the team my Mom loved. As ill as she was, she found a way to get up this past week for the Jet's Game, she was motivated and awake enough to watch her Brownies, cuss at Hue, and convince me that one day they would be winners again. I think about her, bones contorted from arthritis, and aching from cancer' her consciousness gradually being sapped from her by a brain mass, Lack of breath from COPD, unable to swallow or defecate under control, refusing the soothe of morphine, so she could stay with us, and watch football,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The Browns.

Kizer had a migrane, did he? Garrett hurt his toe? Hue is trying. The FO is doing their best. "Ghoolie, you are a bully, you are too mean and relentless on these heroes."

Then, on top of this, ... truly, this team, this sport, this league, and the idiots supporting them, cause it to it dawns on me...........the Browns team and culture that I am passionate about is dead. 

I hope you guys get your win. Enjoy you team. I....................................am done.

Don't give up.

Your mother, rest her soul, never gave up, and neither will you.

Mourn your loss and get back out there, we need ya.

This is going to turn around- there are brighter day ahead big guy.

Sorry for your loss , Tom.. I'll call you in a few days.. I know you have a lot going on right now.. RIP to your Mom..

Sorry for the loss of your Mom.  No matter how consoled you may be that she's no longer suffering, it still hurts like hell.  I know, because I've been there.  God bless her soul in heaven.

8 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

was the team I loved. was the team my Mom loved. cuss at Hue, and convince me that one day they would be winners again.....

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Your Mom, left you the greatest of gifts....memories. Treasure & honor those.

One Plus One could somehow equal two again one day pal.just not today browns brother. So sorry for your personal life loss. Their never was a doubt where your team heart once was in sports.From your Browns Brothers. God Bless to your Mother & Family

Sorry about your mom. You're absolutely right.  Our team died in 1995. We love football, so we watch and root for an imposter that has no other connection than to play in the same city as the original. The hopes that this team will some day be similar to the team we loved and were proud of before they left is exactly the same as me checking my lotto numbers. I always check, but know it will never happen. Still....some of us enjoy your maniacal rants, so hang in there. Also...Kevin Hogan...Bernie Kosar...the same vowels in both first and last names. Coincidence?...I think not. The comeback starts this Sunday!

My Mom is 84 and a cancer survivor,as am I!!! R.I.P. Momma Ghoolie! Prayers for you, your family and Mom. The Browns will be here when your done grieving,and somehow maybe a better team! Especially with Mom chearing from UP yonder! Godspeed Ghools!

Thanks for the well wishes. I hope you guys get to turne me into a dartboard and hoist the Lombardi.

I just had a Brown out is all. Man, where does the time go?

lost my mom to lung cancer when i was 7. my dad to bone cancer when i was 30. i have a brother and sister left from our orig famiy tree......but i'll never give up. on life, love, liberty and yes, the browns. people wonder why some fans are so sour but don't understand the torturous backstory of their lives and disappointment and loss with one thing in common.....this team and org. sucks.

may what ever GOD you believe in bring her into his/hers/it's arms and may she rest in peace for evermore.

love you without even having met you BROTHER!

Sorry for your loss there Ghoolie, never an easy time when it's family or close friends. 

Youngstown has always been an old big Browns and Indians territory  (except for the new Steeler followers), had my first real job there at 18 in 1969.

In time you will remember all the good times. Take care,  Michael. 

Archived