THE BROWNS BOARD

It's About Baby Steps

wargograw

I don't start alot of threads here, but you guys are expecting some great team in year 2 and that's stupid. And if the fans get restless again, then we're just going to start the whole thing. 

The headline of 2017 is WE HAVE A DEFENSE. This thing is fixed. We are 11th in total defense and I think we can all agree that that number would be even better if our three best defenders hadn't both missed multiple games (Shelton, Collins, Garrett) and our offense didn't suck. IN JUST TWO YEARS WE HAVE BUILT OURSELVES A TOP 10 DEFENSE.

Do you care about winning 3 games this year or winning 10 next year? Have some longterm vision. You idiots probably play the lottery and live paycheck to paycheck too. The Browns are the kid from a good home who fell on hard time who works his butt off and is going to pull himself up from his minimum wage job, even though he knows he's on a 4 year plan. He's working two jobs, riding the bus, living in some couple's back shed with no AC where rent's only $275/month, saving $100/week knowing it's eventually going to pay off. You guys are the pizza delivery boys with $425 car payments because you have no patience for anything in life. 

I fully believe that our franchise QB is currently on the roster. But even if he's not, we're going to have a top 3 pick this year. Our OL is solid. We have a top notch 3rd down back. Our defense is a hair away from being elite. We need a halfway decent RB and a couple receivers and this thing can hum. We have 5 picks in the top 2 rounds next year to make this thing work. IT WILL WORK. Maybe we have to replace the coach after next year if Hue still underperforms WHEN HE HAS TALENT. But we need to give him 2018 for two reasons. A. to get a true evaluation on him and B. to show replacement candidates that he actually deserved his firing and Jimmy no longer has a hair trigger.

So please guys, sell your stupid Camaro, move out of the $900 downtown condo, stop being whiny titty babies that must have your wins NOW, and embrace the process we have going on that will actually lead to long term success, stability, and roster health.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wargograw said:

I don't start alot of threads here, but you guys are expecting some great team in year 2 and that's stupid. And if the fans get restless again, then we're just going to start the whole thing. 

The headline of 2017 is WE HAVE A DEFENSE. This thing is fixed. We are 11th in total defense and I think we can all agree that that number would be even better if our three best defenders hadn't both missed multiple games (Shelton, Collins, Garrett) and our offense didn't suck. IN JUST TWO YEARS WE HAVE BUILT OURSELVES A TOP 10 DEFENSE.

Do you care about winning 3 games this year or winning 10 next year? Have some longterm vision. You idiots probably play the lottery and live paycheck to paycheck too. The Browns are the kid from a good home who fell on hard time who works his butt off and is going to pull himself up from his minimum wage job, even though he knows he's on a 4 year plan. He's working two jobs, riding the bus, living in some couple's back shed with no AC where rent's only $275/month, saving $100/week knowing it's eventually going to pay off. You guys are the pizza delivery boys with $425 car payments because you have no patience for anything in life. 

I fully believe that our franchise QB is currently on the roster. But even if he's not, we're going to have a top 3 pick this year. Our OL is solid. We have a top notch 3rd down back. Our defense is a hair away from being elite. We need a halfway decent RB and a couple receivers and this thing can hum. We have 5 picks in the top 2 rounds next year to make this thing work. IT WILL WORK. Maybe we have to replace the coach after next year if Hue still underperforms WHEN HE HAS TALENT. But we need to give him 2018 for two reasons. A. to get a true evaluation on him and B. to show replacement candidates that he actually deserved his firing and Jimmy no longer has a hair trigger.

So please guys, sell your stupid Camaro, move out of the $900 downtown condo, stop being whiny titty babies that must have your wins NOW, and embrace the process we have going on that will actually lead to long term success, stability, and roster health.

I know you don't like cussing but  F  u  c k   your opinion.

LOL Coaching Does not Matter its all talent... Remember? Talent>Scheme,Coaching,Personnel... I remember this arguement.... and now we see that gregg williams comes in and takes a HISTORICALLY BAD browns defense makes them downright DOMINANT in stopping the run...like one of the best in 5 years... so please go ahead tell me that hue jackson just needs more talent and then he can be a good coach :). One day you'll realize the nfl is designed for parity and one of the biggest determining factors in a game is coaching...but you probably still believe the talent hype meant for kids and to sell player merchandise. :)

I couldn't agree more.  Finally, there's someone else that agrees with me.  For years I seen most on this board want the coach fired after one or two years.  Every coach should be given at least 3-5 years to prove himself.  We can't keep on getting rid of coaches after 1 or 2 years, which is the reason we've had so many coaches and QBs since 2000.  

35 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

For someone who runs and cries to the moderators when your little snowflake feelings get hurt you are one flaming hypocrite.

Then again, I'd expect this from the guy who pretends to be a super patriot and has the symbol of the most treasonous act towards the United States as his avatar. Your fake hard butt act is as big a joke as you are. You add absolutely nothing to not only this board, but most likely EVERYTHING you touch.

You can't actually respond to anything on here with any semblance of intelligence, so you go to your tried and true mouth-breather "F u c k" your opinion, because that is all you have.

A thread by a guy who has been a Browns fan for about as long as Johnny lasted in the NFL, telling us who have been fans before he was born to slow our rolls...... priceless. :lol:

I'll take them lotto numbers but never delivering pizzas,try some junk mail with your amazon.. We lost Jamie Collins before halftime at Ravens. Losing a veteran player like Collins in huddle leadership & reading offenses is crucial to a young defense on the field..Follow the game tracks of points allowed.. 21 to Steelqueers. 24 at Balt.(Collins lost).31 at no juggernaut at Colts. 31 to Bengals..17 to a high school offense with Jets that yes beat our HS.. Collins replacement is Burgess who lead us in tackles & a Sack yesterday. A young damn good player, but ya can't get back what Collins has been seeing on the field for years. 

1 hour ago, nickers said:

I'll take a 1LB of whatever ganj your tokin'

Oh, look, I was walking through a field and I stepped in rose petals. It looks like DOG SHlT but it's really roses.............honest,  smell.............ugh.....

34 minutes ago, dawg2fan said:

I couldn't agree more.  Finally, there's someone else that agrees with me.  For years I seen most on this board want the coach fired after one or two years.  Every coach should be given at least 3-5 years to prove himself.  We can't keep on getting rid of coaches after 1 or 2 years, which is the reason we've had so many coaches and QBs since 2000.  

F U C K yeah.................. this is some great SHlT. I am so excited about 1 - 20. This is real progress.

The Jets HAD the #7 rushing offense in the league. Not after our Browns defense

kicked their asses into the turf.

check out the jets rushing:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/new-york-jets-cleveland-browns-20171008005/

11 20 1.8 7 0 0
2 12 6.0 11 0 0
2 5 2.5 5 0 0
3 -3 -1.0 -1 0 0

That is 11 + 12 + 5 + (-3)

that is 24 yards net rushing  for the game. The pass defense isn't outstanding, but this defense is on it's way to being superbowl caliber. The offense needs more work. Hue is considering going with Hogan vs the Texans....Garrett wasn't a hundred percent,probably should have wait a game or two. But his first play was a sack.

The Browns stuffed the Jets rushing so much, they dropped from 7th to 12th in one game.

at least whine about real stuff.

6 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

F U C K yeah.................. this is some great SHlT. I am so excited about 1 - 20. This is real progress.

Your boy Mitch just got some John "Hue" Fox in him..Fox does the F'n idiot clock management than laughs about it..Surpasses Hue by that much

1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

Your boy Mitch just got some John "Hue" Fox in him..Fox does the F'n idiot clock management than laughs about it..Surpasses Hue by that much

Man, that was ugly! 

1 hour ago, CaineDeSoulis said:

LOL Coaching Does not Matter its all talent... Remember? Talent>Scheme,Coaching,Personnel... I remember this arguement.... and now we see that gregg williams comes in and takes a HISTORICALLY BAD browns defense makes them downright DOMINANT in stopping the run...like one of the best in 5 years... so please go ahead tell me that hue jackson just needs more talent and then he can be a good coach :). One day you'll realize the nfl is designed for parity and one of the biggest determining factors in a game is coaching...but you probably still believe the talent hype meant for kids and to sell player merchandise. :)

I've got a creed to live by for college football (I didn't make this up). Players, coaches, concrete. That's the order of priority. You don't go wasting money on expanding your stadium when you're not paying for elite players, because that's who wins the games. And yes, players come before coaches. Horton was an epically terrible coach. Yes, Williams is a good coach, but it wouldn't exactly take Vince Lombardi to get the guys playing better than Horton. I never said coaching didn't matter at all, but players are much more important.

Furthermore, I never claimed Hue just needs more talent and then he can be good. But he deserves this year and next to prove it one way or the other. You would have fired him last year and we'd have Coach Buttgrabber from your local high school roaming the sidelines....and he'd suck too. Quit while you're ahead. 

41 minutes ago, D Bone said:

A thread by a guy who has been a Browns fan for about as long as Johnny lasted in the NFL, telling us who have been fans before he was born to slow our rolls...... priceless. :lol:

A response from a guy who said I'd never be here once Johnny was gone. As wrong about that as you are about this. Run along now.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Yeah, you're the guy I'm talking about. Keep getting those scratch offs bud. 

Sadly, this post seems to be representative of the intellectual heft of the football opinions of most of my detractors here so far.

33 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I was looking for Hue on the sidelines. Are they twins?;)

tell gruden the only thing missing in Tribs pass routes are garbage cans,stops signs & light poles..nothing on time but garbage man routes 

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

So is it true wargograw? Did you become a Browns fan because Manziel was drafted by them?

I mean, most of us were born and raised into the Cleveland Browns. We have no choice at this point. If you are a relatively new Browns fan, you could cut your losses and get out. None of us would look down at you or even blame you. :lol:

24 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So is it true wargograw? Did you become a Browns fan because Manziel was drafted by them?

I mean, most of us were born and raised into the Cleveland Browns. We have no choice at this point. If you are a relatively new Browns fan, you could cut your losses and get out. None of us would look down at you or even blame you. :lol:

Yep.... I'm betting right about now he wishes he would've man crushed Von Miller instead. :lol:

If we tear up this staff again, especially the defense.....and some fgt 3-4 DC comes in and stands our DE's up and puts em in bump and run against slot receivers....im going to find ghoolie and slide a piece of lawn furniture  up his butt. That ER visit will be viral within hours.....😁

But srsly, must we do this every year? This has been going on for 7-8 years now. Fire this guy, fire that guy....how are so many of u not sick to ur stomachs about the prospect of another offseason staff shakeup? Players? Yeah i get it, u only have so long to produce....but schemes take time to develop and get the right players into. We know for a fact williams has produced not good but great defenses given time....so anyone excited about a HC change that could potentially bring a new DC to clev, Shmuck THAT

40 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

If we tear up this staff again, especially the defense.....and some fgt 3-4 DC comes in and stands our DE's up and puts em in bump and run against slot receivers....im going to find ghoolie and slide a piece of lawn furniture  up his butt. That ER visit will be viral within hours.....😁

See we finally agree on this^^^(NC, plenty of lawn furniture too)  Jackson will be forced to hire a OC next season.that's all. Am not saying hue may not walk accepting one.. 

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

No. My dad’s from Cleveland. Mentor High grad. Parents both went to school in Painesville. And I joined this board in 2015, well after Manziel had arrived on the scene. It’s just d bone’s fallback when he has nothing else. 

No. My dad’s from Cleveland. Mentor High grad. Parents both went to school in Painesville. And I joined this board in 2015, well after Manziel had arrived on the scene. It’s just d bone’s fallback when he has nothing else. 

Story time I see. 

The only problem I have with War's logic is that he didn't even watch the Browns/Jets game.

Therefore, how does he have the right to demand to the whole board that we blindly let Hue and "The plan" have a few more years. When in fact, what people like Mud and myself were doing were simply analyzing some of the questionable coaching calls Hue has made such as blowing timeouts, going for that simple run on 4th down when we were down by 3, and what really got me was how he wouldn't hold himself accountable at all, he believed his plays and calling were perfect, and it's only the execution.

How in the hell is a guy who didn't even watch the game going to tell me that I can't analyze it or question it. That's simply part of being a fan. To blindly follow will get you nowhere. So, wars logic is that we should shut up, and Blindly accept and follow everything Hue and Sashi do when they won't even take the accountability to tell us that their "plan" is behind schedule.

I've heard Jimmy had a closed door meeting with all of the front office and Hue to tell them to "Get their Sheet together" and start to progress. What really bothers me, is that I feel right now the goal isn't to win, and isn't that the ultimate goal in football? to win? instead it's "win later". Well fine, we can lose out the rest of the season and get the first pick. But if Kizer struggles this year (which he will), and Hue says next year "D'arnold is my guy!, he's starting", i'm going to flip, because we spent that time building Kizer, building Kessler, and all for nothing if we take another QB first.

The worst part about Hue is that he seems uncertain at times and that really gets me. Like calling out the field goal team, wasting a timeout, then going for it on fourth and missing it because he said, "the players said they got me". Coach's make mistakes and I get that, but he better stop with the bad clock management. Because if he goes 1-15 again, there will of been no team in history that put up with that much losing from one coach for that long. All because of Sashi's experiment, and the theory that we had to get much much worse to get better.

I'm proud of our D and garrett looks great, but war, please don't talk unless you watch the games. That's what a real fan does.

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

The Jets HAD the #7 rushing offense in the league. Not after our Browns defense

kicked their asses into the turf.

check out the jets rushing:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/new-york-jets-cleveland-browns-20171008005/

11 20 1.8 7 0 0
2 12 6.0 11 0 0
2 5 2.5 5 0 0
3 -3 -1.0 -1 0 0

That is 11 + 12 + 5 + (-3)

that is 24 yards net rushing  for the game. The pass defense isn't outstanding, but this defense is on it's way to being superbowl caliber. The offense needs more work. Hue is considering going with Hogan vs the Texans....Garrett wasn't a hundred percent,probably should have wait a game or two. But his first play was a sack.

The Browns stuffed the Jets rushing so much, they dropped from 7th to 12th in one game.

at least whine about real stuff.

Yeah....great post Calsnots.....we really gave it to the Jets good. If everyone plays the Jets like our D did...they go 16-0.

4 hours ago, wargograw said:

How pathetic.

13 hours ago, wargograw said:

Good post Paul. The only thing I'll add is that I want no trade downs in next years draft. Get the best PLAYMAKERS available with those early picks.

Lately, I have to admit to recently getting down on Hue, but your statement (highlighted) on that makes sense. Your 2 reasons for keeping Hue through 2018 are excellent & , even though it may be painful, we CAN'T deviate from this plan now or we'll be right back where we started.

War IS a Fan (a POSITIVE one at that!) & I don't recall any rule that states you have to be a lifelong Ohio resident to back the Browns, so let's stop the bashing, except some here would quit posting if they had to be positive.

Mike

18 hours ago, wargograw said:

You idiots probably... live paycheck to paycheck too.

And that Defense is still "making due" up the middle...

But what is this "pay-czech" thing to which you refer?

Archived