Sign in to follow this  
Gunz41

Which school?

Defensive End:

Either way you look at it, the state of Tennessee takes this cake:

Tennessee.....if you count Reggie White as a DE, he along with Doug Atkins would give the Vols the title here.

....but I don't.

So you have Tennessee State with: Richard Dent and Claude Humphrey  as the choice.

Last position....unless I decide to do kickers and punters, which I may:

Outside Linebacker 

A bit of a dilemma.  Only one school has produced two "pure"  OLBs that have made the HOF:

Penn St.  Jack Ham,  Dave Robinson

But two other schools have produced one pure OLB, and each had another listed at DE/OLB:

Pitt: Ricky Jackson and DE/LB Chris Doleman

North Carolina:  Lawrence Taylor and DE/LB Julius Peppers

So, what does one choose? The school with the two pure OLBs...or one of the schools with the hybrids?  

I think my choice is one with the hybrids....because of the quality of the players involved. The Choice:

North Carolina.

So...here are my "final" results in this poll:

Quarterback:   Michigan  courtesy Tom Brady and Benny Friedman  Runnerup: Alabama  next: Purdue

Running back:  Syracuse courtesy of Jim Brown and Larry Csonka . Runnerup USC/OK St.

Wide Receiver: Ohio State courtesy of Paul Warfield and Cris Carter.  Runnerup, Miami, Fla

Tight End:  No definitive choice

Center: Wisconsin courtesy of Mike Webster and Travis Frederick

Offensive Guard:  no definitive choice

Offensive Tackle:  USC courtesy of Anthony Munoz and Ron Mix/Yale Lary   Runnerup: Ohio State

Middle Linebacker:  Illinois, courtesy of finger Butkus and Ray Nitschke

Outside Linebacker:  North Carolina courtesy of Lawrence and Julius Pepper  Runnersup: Penn State and Pitt

Defensive end:  Tennessee State courtesy of Richard Dent and Claude Humphrey. Runnerup: Tennessee

Defensive Tackle:  Miami Fla. courtesy of Warren Sapp and Cortez Kennedy.  Runnerup: Boston College

Safety:  USC courtesy of Ronnie Lott, Willie Wood and Troy Polamalu.  Runnerup: Iowa

Cornerback:  Southern University courtesy of Mel Blount and Aeneas Williams