THE BROWNS BOARD

More Peyton Manning speculation

Westside Steve

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Oh yeah. Well Joe Banner was a beloved member of the Cleveland Browns organization wasn't he?

WSS

Joe Banner made one of my favorite football statements, "Today's NFL is Pass and Rush the Passer".  - I felt that we had someone that UNDERSTOOD the game.

He also said that they used analytics and did an in depth study of the QB's coming out that year and that Manziel was waay off the list of QB's to draft because of too many red flags.  Shortly after Haslam fired the lot of them and promoted Phucking Farmer.  Banner later said, "I'd love to know what went on to bring Manziel from OFF the list of QB's to being the one they drafted".

Banner could be a bit gruff.....but he knew his stuff.

17 hours ago, wargograw said:

Fair enough. This board just needs to be shut down for 24 hours after losses. 

I can assure if we win a game you'll amend that to not just losses but wins too. I can already see starry eyed looks if we get one win....."how many weeks till the playoffs guys? We totally got this!!!!  "   Lols

I still would like someone to let me know what P. Manning's qualifications for GM are...

OC? I could see... he was one on the field for over a decade, but GM???

Well, the only way ic oeyton coming into this organization is as oc and williams moving to HC/DC. Thats the ONLY scenario ill entertain that has hue leaving. I dont care if the best oc in football wants to come here im not interested in hue leaving. Peyton tho is a national story and you know with 100% certainty he's not coming here to work for one year and then take a well funded 4-5 year hiatus on haslans dime. I trust manning as he has a relationship with haslem and its his first nfl job not as a player so he wont wanna Shmuck it off

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I still would like someone to let me know what P. Manning's qualifications for GM are...

He'll find the franchise QB as GM.:)

Actually as much as he has been involved in the Manning training camp, we should at least hire him as a consultant in a QB search. He knows all the best ones up close and personal from that.

https://manningpassingacademy.com/

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

He could have a good eye for talent and the respect of players. That could be a key in bringing in players to Cleveland. They'd love to shoot the Sheet with Peyton. But I highly doubt he wants to stay in Cleveland. Maybe that's why Haslam has been staying so far under the cap during this "plan". To save money for Peyton.

One other thing of note. Being GM has worked out quite well with another former Denver QB SB winner. I'm sure Peyton has had many a conversation with him over their years together. We could do and have done far worse.

11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

He's played on a higher level with and against the best players the college system and the pros have to offer. That personal experience should give him an insight  as to why one player might be a better  teammate  than another  who's statistics  on paper might look better . I'm assuming he knows the game as well as or better than most people involved in the game. While you are pondering things what qualifications does Ozzie Newsome bring to the table? Or Sashi Brown? I doubt one of Peyton Manning's responsibilities will, or should, be to count beans.

WSS

14 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Seemed to work out OK for Elway? 

The "Peyton Manning being our GM" thing came around before.....the year that he retired.  The connection was Haslam and his love of Manning's alma mater.  I believe that they knew one another to some degree from Manning's college days.  I should think that THAT right there would be enough reason for Manning to stay away from us. :) 

Manning & Kosar are a lot alike to me.  Neither was going to hurt you with their legs and neither was ever fooled by a defense.

11 hours ago, Orion said:

The "Peyton Manning being our GM" thing came around before.....the year that he retired.  The connection was Haslam and his love of Manning's alma mater.  I believe that they knew one another to some degree from Manning's college days.  I should think that THAT right there would be enough reason for Manning to stay away from us. :) 

Manning & Kosar are a lot alike to me.  Neither was going to hurt you with their legs and neither was ever fooled by a defense.

And yet only one of them is a semi destitute drunk who can't get a job with a professional team.....

WSS

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

And yet only one of them is a semi destitute drunk who can't get a job with a professional team.....

WSS

How many guesses do I get?

On 10/11/2017 at 6:23 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Ozzie Newsome had been in the Browns/Ravens front office since 1991 by the time he was named GM of the Ravens in 2002. He worked his way up to the position.

Initially Ozzie's FO assignment was almost a token appointment partially for being a Browns legend and good guy but in time worked out quite well.

The current Browns FO, coaching and other player and personnel decisions look more like the game TWISTER. :lol:

20 minutes ago, Dawgs89 said:

Manning as GM cannot be possibly worse than the likes of lombardi, Savage, Brown, Farmer.

What do you ya'll think of signing Cousins for 2018?

I think he will want nothing to do with this franchise, and the Browns will use their 1st overall pick on Sam Darnold, USC QB.

33 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I think he will want nothing to do with this franchise, and the Browns will use their 1st overall pick on Sam Darnold, USC QB.

Hope so.

But we are going to have to out suck the 49ers. Maybe they are set at QB?

Maybe Shanahan will take Kirk Cousins off Washington's hands.

WSS

59 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

But we are going to have to out suck the 49ers. Maybe they are set at QB? Maybe Shanahan will take Kirk Cousins off Washington's hands.

Shanny's love of Cousins, and vice versa, gives me hope that SF is the only team we will not have to "out suck"to gain pick of the litter... assuming our pick is the consensus pick.

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Shanny's love of Cousins, and vice versa, gives me hope that SF is the only team we will not have to "out suck"to gain pick of the litter... assuming our pick is the consensus pick.

If San Fran ended up with the #1 overall pick but was able to sign Cousins, I'd be shocked if they didn't dangle the pick for a ransom. The Browns would probably have to trade up to #1 to ensure they get their guy. (Unless, of course they liked Rosen or Allen more than Darnold, if Darnold is the consensus #1 pick. Then the Browns could just sit and let their guy fall into their laps)

On 10/9/2017 at 12:17 PM, Westside Steve said:

While we're at it - Star Magazine is reporting Bill Cowher is STILL looking at houses in Cleveland but remains willing to give Mary Kay Cabot all the credit for being first to report it years ago.

Archived