Westside Steve

More Peyton Manning speculation

11 minutes ago, Orion said:

That was Joe Banner.  Farmer was a pompous dope.

...and don't we now have the dope that gave Banner the #1 for Richardson?

Oh yeah. Well Joe Banner was a beloved member of the Cleveland Browns organization wasn't he?

WSS

First.. WTF are Peyton Manning's qualifications to become a GM?

On 10/9/2017 at 1:16 PM, Mudfly said:

I was wondering the same thing just yesterday.....

Haven't I explained this to you in the past? More than once?

Two words... Ginkgo Biloba...

22 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

We're stuck with sashi and hue, get over it. 

Sashi, yes... Hue?

16 hours ago, Mudfly said:

... not sure....but its a feeling)

Indigestion?

7 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Schwartz left as FA; Erving is the one who was traded.

... and is starting at RG... next to Mitchypoo...

Looks really bad, too...

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Oh yeah. Well Joe Banner was a beloved member of the Cleveland Browns organization wasn't he?

And thus Steve made a great argument for Sashi's longevity...

16 hours ago, wargograw said:

Fair enough. This board just needs to be shut down for 24 hours after losses. 

You, sir, are on a roll & you're probably right!

Mike

I predicted the peyton manning involvement in the browns two years ago.  Id love to see him as OC

16 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

You, sir, are on a roll & you're probably right!

Mike

On a roll of what?  S h i t  paper?

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Joe Banner made one of my favorite football statements, "Today's NFL is Pass and Rush the Passer".  - I felt that we had someone that UNDERSTOOD the game.

He also said that they used analytics and did an in depth study of the QB's coming out that year and that Manziel was waay off the list of QB's to draft because of too many red flags.  Shortly after Haslam fired the lot of them and promoted Phucking Farmer.  Banner later said, "I'd love to know what went on to bring Manziel from OFF the list of QB's to being the one they drafted".

Banner could be a bit gruff.....but he knew his stuff.

17 hours ago, wargograw said:

Fair enough. This board just needs to be shut down for 24 hours after losses. 

I can assure if we win a game you'll amend that to not just losses but wins too. I can already see starry eyed looks if we get one win....."how many weeks till the playoffs guys? We totally got this!!!!  "   Lols

I still would like someone to let me know what P. Manning's qualifications for GM are...

OC? I could see... he was one on the field for over a decade, but GM???

Well, the only way ic oeyton coming into this organization is as oc and williams moving to HC/DC. Thats the ONLY scenario ill entertain that has hue leaving. I dont care if the best oc in football wants to come here im not interested in hue leaving. Peyton tho is a national story and you know with 100% certainty he's not coming here to work for one year and then take a well funded 4-5 year hiatus on haslans dime. I trust manning as he has a relationship with haslem and its his first nfl job not as a player so he wont wanna Shmuck it off

I really do think alot of our ex coaches came here knowing that worst case they're let go after a year or two and can then sun themselves in st croix for a couple years and basically be set for life

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I still would like someone to let me know what P. Manning's qualifications for GM are...

He'll find the franchise QB as GM.:)

Actually as much as he has been involved in the Manning training camp, we should at least hire him as a consultant in a QB search. He knows all the best ones up close and personal from that.

https://manningpassingacademy.com/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

He could have a good eye for talent and the respect of players. That could be a key in bringing in players to Cleveland. They'd love to shoot the Sheet with Peyton. But I highly doubt he wants to stay in Cleveland. Maybe that's why Haslam has been staying so far under the cap during this "plan". To save money for Peyton.

One other thing of note. Being GM has worked out quite well with another former Denver QB SB winner. I'm sure Peyton has had many a conversation with him over their years together. We could do and have done far worse.

Peyton Manning is coming to Cleveland to save the Browns???..hahahahahahahahshohohohohohehehehehehehahahaha. whew, that's a good one.  I hear Tom Brady wants to help him as soon as he retires too.  That's some funny poop there.

11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

He's played on a higher level with and against the best players the college system and the pros have to offer. That personal experience should give him an insight  as to why one player might be a better  teammate  than another  who's statistics  on paper might look better . I'm assuming he knows the game as well as or better than most people involved in the game. While you are pondering things what qualifications does Ozzie Newsome bring to the table? Or Sashi Brown? I doubt one of Peyton Manning's responsibilities will, or should, be to count beans.

WSS

14 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Seemed to work out OK for Elway? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Stop this topic already its embarrassing. 

Can we go back to talking about cool things like the Browns being the DII college equivalent of a pro football team?

*jumps out a window*

22 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

What were Ozzie's?

24 minutes ago, Orion said:

What were Ozzie's?

Ozzie Newsome had been in the Browns/Ravens front office since 1991 by the time he was named GM of the Ravens in 2002. He worked his way up to the position.

• Thanks 1

The "Peyton Manning being our GM" thing came around before.....the year that he retired.  The connection was Haslam and his love of Manning's alma mater.  I believe that they knew one another to some degree from Manning's college days.  I should think that THAT right there would be enough reason for Manning to stay away from us. :) 

Manning & Kosar are a lot alike to me.  Neither was going to hurt you with their legs and neither was ever fooled by a defense.

11 hours ago, Orion said:

The "Peyton Manning being our GM" thing came around before.....the year that he retired.  The connection was Haslam and his love of Manning's alma mater.  I believe that they knew one another to some degree from Manning's college days.  I should think that THAT right there would be enough reason for Manning to stay away from us. :) 

Manning & Kosar are a lot alike to me.  Neither was going to hurt you with their legs and neither was ever fooled by a defense.

And yet only one of them is a semi destitute drunk who can't get a job with a professional team.....

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

And yet only one of them is a semi destitute drunk who can't get a job with a professional team.....

WSS

Alcoholism is a disease.  

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

How many guesses do I get?