THE BROWNS BOARD

More Peyton Manning speculation

Westside Steve

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manning would not want to come to this Sheet show. After yesterday I am sure Hue is on his way out of town and that means another coach coming with all these lame butt promises that he will turn these things around. Jimmy will clean house and again we will be in the rebuild and the new coach will not want to keep the new QB that somebody else brought in he will want to hand pick his guy and that would mean another 1 and 15 season because he is "learning" ...........................We seen it all before more than a dozen times

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Would like to keep Sashi for things such as contract structures, trade deals, etc etc.   

The fact he still got a pick out of KC for Erving is... nothing short of a minor miracle.  

You mean the starting RT on the 5-0 Chiefs? He doesn't grade well still, but they are winning anyway thanks to Smith's escape ability.

1 hour ago, medicineman said:

Manning would not want to come to this Sheet show. After yesterday I am sure Hue is on his way out of town and that means another coach coming with all these lame butt promises that he will turn these things around. Jimmy will clean house and again we will be in the rebuild and the new coach will not want to keep the new QB that somebody else brought in he will want to hand pick his guy and that would mean another 1 and 15 season because he is "learning" ...........................We seen it all before more than a dozen times

Good ,  Maybe Jim Caldwell will be our next coach lol...

How did Sashi ever get this job to begin with?  Did Jimmy see the name Sashi on a resume and think it was a woman and end up having to hire Sashi even after he found out it was a man so he wouldn't end up getting sued? I know that sounds ef'd up but for the life of me I can't understand HOW SASHI IS HERE!!!!!!! What the fuk? Kenny Britt?????????? Hello, 32 mil???? Whoever our kicker is?????? any of our wide outs??????? This team that I was once proud to wear the colors of..............

2 minutes ago, medicineman said:

How did Sashi ever get this job to begin with?  

I was wondering the same thing just yesterday.....

Shashi was already here and was a team lawyer....doing contracts, research, etc.....so, at some point, either Jimmy went to him and said "can you be a GM?".....or Shashi came to Jimmy and said "I have an idea how to run this thing?"......

Somebody(and probably NOT Jimmy) had to develop the concept of this whole analytic thing and the hiring of Depo, etc etc etc.....just dont know how that came to be....

Personally....I think Jimmys hands were tied....he was at the end of his rope....ran out of good ideas and options....had no one on the horizon(and had already fired everyone) and Shashi told him....""let me handle this".....and Jimmy said OK...

and here we are....

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Would like to keep Sashi for things such as contract structures, trade deals, etc etc.   

The fact he still got a pick out of KC for Erving is... nothing short of a minor miracle.  

Yeah................. that schidt is SOOOOOO hard to do...................Idiot!

4 hours ago, Mudfly said:

Personally....I think Jimmys hands were tied....he was at the end of his rope....ran out of good ideas and options....had no one on the horizon

I'll second that.

3 hours ago, wargograw said:

Mud, isn't your story proof positive that you can NOT fire everyone? Who's next? The janitor comes up to Jimmy and says he has a plan so he takes the reigns? Surely you see this.

Yeah...Im not advocating firing everyone.....(well, maybe a little yesterday)(or a lot)(but Ive cooled down)(a little)......just not happy with the process.....

I get that firing these guys will just start the ugly cycle again.....and Jimmy has burned all his lives with his credibility in NFL coachings circles......so we'd just get another suck butt coach or GM......which is a large part of my extreme frustration.......(Jimmy doesnt know what he's doing...he's our biggest obstacle to success)

Its just a bad situation....with no winning in our immediate future.....

Though I have a feeling about next weeks game.....(good? bad?...im not sure....but its a feeling)

8 hours ago, Mudfly said:

Shashi was already here and was a team lawyer....doing contracts, research, etc.....so, at some point, either Jimmy went to him and said "can you be a GM?".....or Shashi came to Jimmy and said "I have an idea how to run this thing?"......

Brown had 7 years doing the same thing here https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/1/13/3873854/sashi-brown-hired-browns  never underestimate the Tebow Curse?

2 hours ago, Mudfly said:

Yeah...Im not advocating firing everyone.....(well, maybe a little yesterday)(or a lot)(but Ive cooled down)(a little)......just not happy with the process.....

I get that firing these guys will just start the ugly cycle again.....and Jimmy has burned all his lives with his credibility in NFL coachings circles......so we'd just get another suck butt coach or GM......which is a large part of my extreme frustration.......(Jimmy doesnt know what he's doing...he's our biggest obstacle to success)

Its just a bad situation....with no winning in our immediate future.....

Though I have a feeling about next weeks game.....(good? bad?...im not sure....but its a feeling)

Fair enough. This board just needs to be shut down for 24 hours after losses. 

54 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Then it would never be open............ 

17 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You mean the starting RT on the 5-0 Chiefs?

Mitchell Schwartz is the starting RT for the chiefs - and the backup LT to erik fisher. If Fisher is out [this happened week 1] then Schwartz moves to LT and Cam Erving would start.  

Schwartz left as FA; Erving is the one who was traded.

32 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Ray Farmer got a number one for Trent Richardson.

WSS

That was Joe Banner.  Farmer was a pompous dope.

...and don't we now have the dope that gave Banner the #1 for Richardson?

First.. WTF are Peyton Manning's qualifications to become a GM?

On 10/9/2017 at 1:16 PM, Mudfly said:

I was wondering the same thing just yesterday.....

Haven't I explained this to you in the past? More than once?

Two words... Ginkgo Biloba...

22 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

We're stuck with sashi and hue, get over it. 

Sashi, yes... Hue?

16 hours ago, Mudfly said:

... not sure....but its a feeling)

Indigestion?

7 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Schwartz left as FA; Erving is the one who was traded.

... and is starting at RG... next to Mitchypoo...

Looks really bad, too...

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Oh yeah. Well Joe Banner was a beloved member of the Cleveland Browns organization wasn't he?

And thus Steve made a great argument for Sashi's longevity...

16 hours ago, wargograw said:

You, sir, are on a roll & you're probably right!

Mike

Archived