Sign in to follow this  
domcucch1994

Kizer vs. Watson

Maybe we made the wrong pick taking Kizer, maybe we haven't..

He has led some impressive drives, only to FUBAR it up in the redzone..

Sitting and seeing how it gets done is probably a good thing for the kid, unless Hogan plays lights out and snatches the job away from him..

Am I surprised that Hue went back on his word? No

Am I surprised it took Hue this long to realize, maybe this kid isn't ready? Absolutely!

I don't see us beating the Texans with Kizer at the helm,

I believe Hogan gives us a better chance.. Let's see if MG can get going and bring the heat on DeShaun... Should be an interesting game..

The list of athletic QBs who lit the NFL on fire, but eventually fizzled out because they can't stand in the pocket, go through their progressions, etc is a long one. (Cunningham, RGIII, Kaepernick, Tebow  come to mind). They are the NFL equivalent of a hotshot pitcher who can throw 95mph fastballs but can't command any other pitches, eventually the league catches up to them unless they master the finer points of the position.

I'm going to withhold "THE BROWNS REALLY MISSED ON THIS KID!" rant for more evidence down the road.

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm going to withhold "THE BROWNS REALLY MISSED ON THIS KID!" rant for more evidence down the road.

Wise... both times...

You realize this entire post is based on a guy whose name seems to be taken from a minor and relatively unknown Star Wars character?

WSS

"Westside" was a Star Wars character?

He might not be a Michael Jordan,  but there's no doubt he works his butt off and gets his team to buy in.  

He's a special person.  Been the man of the house since he was a young teenager and his mom had cancer .. Won championship in hs, set state records in hs I think,  won a championship in college (almost had 2) while graduating early,  and is currently leading the NFL at his position. He earned respect very quickly in the NFL,  and from all accounts is just a tremendous leader wherever he's been. 

Like Sweeney said, he's too busy being great to get distracted with off field crap. 

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Dabo Swinney doesn't sound like a Star Wars character to you?

WSS

On 10/13/2017 at 10:46 AM, Tour2ma said:

Tour you're thinking about Westworld, you know Ule Brenner the crazy android cowboy gone bizerk. 

On 10/13/2017 at 12:58 PM, Westside Steve said:

Dabo Swinney doesn't sound like a Star Wars character to you?

lol... now that you mention it...

On 10/12/2017 at 5:32 AM, Lonnie Utah said:

Note how Dabo mentions how important a leader like watson is in changing the culture? That's precisely it.  

That's why watson has been a winner all his life. Harder working and more confident than 99% of his peers. 

7 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Note how Dabo mentions how important a leader like watson is in changing the culture? That's precisely it.  

That's why watson has been a winner all his life. Harder working and more confident than 99% of his peers. 

You can probably say that about almost every quarterback taken from round four up.

WSS

• Thanks 1