Sign in to follow this  
Tacosman

tommorrow we WIN or it's hard to see how hue is back in 2018....

1 hour ago, miktoxic said:

funny, i don't see them in highlights at the end of the game as the leader of a team that just won a game and have the best record in the NFC.

Another "in depth" analysis...

Pretty sure that individual NFL players are as capitalistic as they come. Well... maybe not Brady who has renegotiated his contract "for the good of the team" a couple times in his career.

1 hour ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Not at all. It’s a weakness now, in fact. But it also is a system that takes time and repetition with the same group, so that makes sense why we’d struggle with it now. And if we’re trying to implement a system, I can see why we wouldn’t stick solely with power to help out one player.

know you’ve already noticed this, but for others who don’t really watch the OL - Hue runs a solid mix between zone and power blocking schemes. And it’s not a I-Form/Shotgun split either, we’ll have shotgun plays with power blocking schemes and I-Form plays with outside zone. 

By my eye, Crow is a minus zone runner. His strength is knowing the hole, hitting the hole, and then planting his foot and turning upfield. He doesn’t excel at patiently waiting to find the cutback lane.

If we’re going to be implementing Hue’s philosophy fully and running a mixture of both, I’d think he’d want a guy who can do both. That’s not Crow.

Agree on all points... to an extent.

I think the ZBS best suits Joe and Tretter. Bito did well in it a couple years ago, but has not been moving like he once did. I don't think it's Coleman's game. Zeitler? Jury is still out, but is power game is strong. So I see one side of the line as not well suited to it... and when you add your "feature back" to the ill-suited list, you are not doing any favors.

Yes, we run either out of both formations, but predominant scheme shifts dramatically with the set. We run a high percentage of gun and ZBS use dominates out of that set. I don't have the breakdown, but 4 or 5 to 1, ZBS to Power, would not surprise me.

Already there on Crow... and looking forward to the crying in 2018 when we "let him go"...

Hue even sees the writing on the wall.  He is starting hogan trying to scramble and save his job.  Anyone can see that...of course anyone can see he needs to hire an OC and should have started Hogan all along.

Hey..Remember when we were 4-0 in preseason?  Proof it doesnt mean Sheet!  Meaningless games

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Another "in depth" analysis...

Pretty sure that individual NFL players are as capitalistic as they come. Well... maybe not Brady who has renegotiated his contract "for the good of the team" a couple times in his career.

Agree on all points... to an extent.

I think the ZBS best suits Joe and Tretter. Bito did well in it a couple years ago, but has not been moving like he once did. I don't think it's Coleman's game. Zeitler? Jury is still out, but is power game is strong. So I see one side of the line as not well suited to it... and when you add your "feature back" to the ill-suited list, you are not doing any favors.

Yes, we run either out of both formations, but predominant scheme shifts dramatically with the set. We run a high percentage of gun and ZBS use dominates out of that set. I don't have the breakdown, but 4 or 5 to 1, ZBS to Power, would not surprise me.

Already there on Crow... and looking forward to the crying in 2018 when we "let him go"...

i'm not here for analysis. i'm here as a fan. name one thing i said that isn't true Mr. X and Os?

god knows our rookies are tearing up the league.....

• Upvote 1

Besides the "communist" thing?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

From what I've seen so far, I'd put that closer to 2 or 3 to 1. We've run a decent amount of power/trap from shotgun. More than I thought I'd see. Zone is obviously still the heavier call, but there's been a surprising amount of power calls on early downs from the gun. 

What I'd be interested to know is if that is by design or if it's because we are forced to utilize more early-down shotgun looks because of Kizer and instead are trying to keep some semblance of a regular gameplan intact.

Another thing that I can't understand is how we don't have a Offensive identity. NONE, Always a rookie qb or a washed up has been from another team that maybe played decent 15 years ago. Our wide outs are who? Not a 1 would ever draw double coverage and when you look around the NFL most other teams have a great NO 1 and a decent number 2, And you look at us and see Kenny (I can't catch) Britt who would be a NO 3 on any other team if he would play at all. Not that I think all of our troubles would end with a Randy Moss type but it sure the Hell would help. Time will tell if we have our future QB but with no weapons we will never know. I really don't see Higgins or Louis will even be In the NFL in 2 years but who knows, I said the same thing about Taylor G who is doing well in Atlanta.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Besides the "communist" thing?

well if i called them what i really think they are i would get 5 negative points already added to my very low score from OZ who is behind the curtain and judges people on their words on an internet FORUM.

leftist commie scumbags. players are in a whole nother category.

one of my best friends and i had a real down to earth conversation about everything that he feels what is wrong about this country since obama left office (yes, he's black, imagine that?). his take on the woes of the nfl, gun violence, opioid prob and everything else and in between is because of slavery. yep, he spiderwebs every problem this country has ever had to slavery. so you and your ancestors (mine as well, cuz i'm white) are the root of all evil and the reason why chicago is the murder capitol of the US. meanwhile he came over cuz he didn't want to pay $80 at the Apple store on a cable for a computer i gave him last year knowing i've been working on macs since the 80s and had an extra cable he could come over and grab for free.

those are my typical friends....black, white, brown, tan, yellow, red etc. etc. what can I do for THEM. never the other way around. maybe now you understand my cynicism of everyone who walks the face of this planet. bitch about 'it's their right to take a knee in protest'!!! well it's my right to bitch about it and as a vet call them out cuz they haven't done Sheet for this country like 80% of the snowflakes on this board.

WOOOO! button pusher. i need a Socktail! and a walk.

ok, go ahead and nitpick. who is that good out of these 2 drafts that another GM would drop his hot cup of coffee and be calling the browns right this second if said player was being shopped for trade.....? i see a lot of bums and some guys that may be good. no jaw droppers (unless you like DEs with glass legs).

yep sashi's a genious!!!!

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 3.19.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 3.19.47 PM.png

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

well if i called them what i really think they are i would get 5 negative points already added to my very low score from OZ who is behind the curtain and judges people on their words on an internet FORUM.

leftist commie scumbags. players are in a whole nother category.

one of my best friends and i had a real down to earth conversation about everything that he feels what is wrong about this country since obama left office (yes, he's black, imagine that?). his take on the woes of the nfl, gun violence, opioid prob and everything else and in between is because of slavery. yep, he spiderwebs every problem this country has ever had to slavery. so you and your ancestors (mine as well, cuz i'm white) are the root of all evil and the reason why chicago is the murder capitol of the US. meanwhile he came over cuz he didn't want to pay $80 at the Apple store on a cable for a computer i gave him last year knowing i've been working on macs since the 80s and had an extra cable he could come over and grab for free.

those are my typical friends....black, white, brown, tan, yellow, red etc. etc. what can I do for THEM. never the other way around. maybe now you understand my cynicism of everyone who walks the face of this planet. bitch about 'it's their right to take a knee in protest'!!! well it's my right to bitch about it and as a vet call them out cuz they haven't done Sheet for this country like 80% of the snowflakes on this board.

WOOOO! button pusher. i need a Socktail! and a walk.

Dude, hit me up with a grand bro!

On 10/13/2017 at 1:48 PM, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

From what I've seen so far, I'd put that closer to 2 or 3 to 1. We've run a decent amount of power/trap from shotgun. More than I thought I'd see. Zone is obviously still the heavier call, but there's been a surprising amount of power calls on early downs from the gun. 

What I'd be interested to know is if that is by design or if it's because we are forced to utilize more early-down shotgun looks because of Kizer and instead are trying to keep some semblance of a regular gameplan intact.

Could be I overestimated...

Raised another question in my mind... why no pistol? It is a reasonable compromise. Want to say we ran some lat year, but can't be sure. More sure that we haven't used it at all this season.