Sign in to follow this  
Tacosman

tommorrow we WIN or it's hard to see how hue is back in 2018....

They have had 11 picks in the top 8 of the first round since 1999

Tim Couch  Ok but not a number 1 overall pick

Courtny Brown  Bust

Gerrard Warren Bust

Kellen Winslow Idiot

Braylon Edwards Idiot

Joe Thomas. HOF

Joe Haden Ok but not worth the 7th pick

Trent Richardson  Bust

Justin Gilbert   Bust 

Myles Garrett   We will see

I forgot Mingo.  Bust

5 hours ago, nickers said:

What has he done to merit staying?

Trust the 13yr process..... this team needs time to gel. 

• Haha 1

Yeah... and what about Ernie Davis? Traded up and he never saw the field.

Stop with the Shmucking history lessons already!

.. or I shall become cross.

All that matters is the past 21 months. I can deal with the negativity that actually matters... just not the rest of the shite.

9 hours ago, Tacosman said:

and I'm putting my money to back  up my mouth. It's a true pickem game and I just played the Browns on the ML at the fivedimes reduced price of -105. 5500 dollars.  First browns game I've bet on all year.

Back to hue- 

Good luck, but if you win then do you press on whatever line there is on Hue getting the axe?

9 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

And guess what, coaches cant go nowhere. None of em.

True for the big dogs... both of them, but feels like the shine is fading on Tabor. Then, as always, there are our "coordinators" tinkering with their staffs.

9 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Wr're not winning tom. May not win a single game all season. And guess what, coaches cant go nowhere. None of em. We cant switch schemes. We have to run speciofic Sheet and draft/sign players to fit. I dont lime the prospect of another 1 win or less season, but prior staff forings have now brought us to the point of we're stuck with what we got.

Prior staff firings haven't brought us to this point. Gutting the entire roster, releasing all veterans and skill players and starting over with undrafted free agents and rookies as Mudfly stated are the reason we are "at this point". How many  other teams rebuilding have done this successfully?

19 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yeah... and what about Ernie Davis? Traded up and he never saw the field.

Stop with the Shmucking history lessons already!

.. or I shall become cross.

All that matters is the past 21 months. I can deal with the negativity that actually matters... just not the rest of the shite.

Good luck, but if you win then do you press on whatever line there is on Hue getting the axe?

whether or not hue gets the ax is entirely dependent on how the team plays the rest of the year.  If they go 2-14 or whatever, of course he will get the ax.  Because the reality is that even if you have the worst talent in the entire nfl, you shouldnt go 3-29 over 32 games in today's nfl because the nfl is just not set up like that.  The fact that a coach could significantly underperform in terms of W-L over two years what would be expected of the least talented team in the nfl doesn't mean he is the worlds worst coach, but it does eliminate the fact that he is a positive difference maker(if over 32 games he is underperforming expectations...whereas expectations for even the least talented team in the nfl over 32 games would probably be 7-25 or so)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nickers said:

What has he done to merit staying?

Been named head coach after we've cycled through so many that no one wants to come. 

2 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Been named head coach after we've cycled through so many that no one wants to come. 

Hue is done. He is the worst game day head coach the Browns have had..... and that's saying a mouth full. 

If you're a dude who has lost 20 of his last 21 under Hue, you honestly can't tell me that you'd still be buying in..... He's done, and today was painfully obvious of that. 

• Haha 1

Please don't watch games if you can't come away from them not wanting to complete destroy the entire organization.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Please don't watch games if you can't come away from them not wanting to complete destroy the entire organization.

Quit telling people what to do you little Homo!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, wargograw said:

yes he was named head coach.  And if he goes 3-29 he will have had 32 whole games to have shown he isn't the future at hc.

1 minute ago, Tacosman said:

yes he was named head coach.  And if he goes 3-29 he will have had 32 whole games to have shown he isn't the future at hc.

I don't need any more games..... Maybe if he hired a real OC and simply focused on being a Tomlinlike raw-raw team organizer, then maybe he could be successful, but right now he is in over his head and is a dead man crawling. 

He's a good dude, but a horrible game day coach. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

If he goes 3-29 he will have won 3 more games than the talent level of this team would dictate.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I don't need any more games..... Maybe if he hired a real OC and simply focused on being a Tomlinlike raw-raw team organizer, then maybe he could be successful, but right now he is in over his head and is a dead man crawling. 

He's a good dude, but a horrible game day coach. 

dont see the point of firing him mid season though and going with an interim.  Barring hue going something like 5-6 the rest of the way he's probably gone, and thats ok.  There will be lots  f options out there.

I dont think hue is a part of why we suck now.  We were going to suck now if we had saban or bellichek out there probably.  But 1-20 is 1-20.  thats historically bad.  even with a paucity of talent teams in the nfl dont go 1-20

Just now, wargograw said:

If he goes 3-29 he will have won 3 more games than the talent level of this team would dictate.

BULLSHITE.  Even if we are the least talented team in the nfl(I'd say we are tied with about 3-4 other teams), 1-20 is atypical in the modern nfl.  You would expect such a team to win 4 or so games.  You don't seem to understand concepts like regression to the mean.  

"Lots of options, I just can't name any of them, because then it'd be revealed they have no better a resume than Hue Jackson."

Just now, Tacosman said:

BULLSHITE.  Even if we are the least talented team in the nfl(I'd say we are tied with about 3-4 other teams), 1-20 is atypical in the modern nfl.  You would expect such a team to win 4 or so games.  You don't seem to understand concepts like regression to the mean.  

We are most definitely not tied with 3-4 other teams. Pure delusion.

3 minutes ago, wargograw said:

We are most definitely not tied with 3-4 other teams. Pure delusion.

our roster is similarly shitty to the jets and 49ers and colts(without luck)...sure.  I think we have a better roster than the jets probably(today we outgained them 2 to 1)....

the consensus out there is that our roster is terrible, extremely terrible, but no worse than the typical bottom 3-4 teams in the nfl in any given year.  

Today, I saw a head coach / offensive coordinator get the ball on the 6ish yard line for 1st and goal. Then I saw that coach not put his best offensive player (Duke) on the field for any of the upcoming 3 plays, and rather than try to slam the thing in with his 2nd best RB (Crow), he elected to go with an oh-so-tricky, high school like QB option which of course turned into a fumble.

So instead of putting your team's chances on your best players' backs ("elite" Oline <LMAO> and Duke), you instead put it on a 21yr old QB (who has played like whoreshit all year) and a half blind RB who needs a hole the size of an elephant to be productive.

Then repeat the above a couple of more times..... today the HC/OC snatched defeat from the jaws of victory............ in over his head. 

• Like 1