Sign in to follow this  
BrownsDawgPound

***Official Browns Vs. N.Y. Jets Game Day Thread***

Hi, Browns fans!  :)   Our Cleleveland Browns have a chance to finally win their first game in 2017 with a winnable opponent as the 2-2 New York Jets come to  town. Browns seek to end their four-game regular season losing streak this afternoon, as Cleveland has not defeated the N.Y. Jets since a road win in 2007, and at Cleveland since 2006.  However the Browns leads the all-time series, including one 1 postseason game, with a 12-11i-0 record.

NO injuries for the 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, and LET'S GO And HERE WE GO BROWN-NIES! HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF!

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/schedule-and-events/schedule.html

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.506sports.com/

Sweet... I can go to bed now.

Here's one for the ages for you nite owls out there.

Lord, how I loved those white facemasks...

ONE MAN'S OPINION SUNDAY MORNING EDITION........

Here comes the Jets’ opportunity to take a big step in securing the No. 1 overall draft pick. Maybe they’ll blow it by winning this game, too. The Browns have better talent 
than the Jets, especially if defensive linemen Myles Garrett and Danny Shelton are OK to go. But it’s too difficult to trust the Browns, who have won once in 19 games 
under Hue Jackson, are 1-7 ATS laying points since the middle of 2014 and yet to ever lead in a game this season.

Josh McCown is a gutty veteran. He rates an edge on rookie DeShone Kizer, who entered October with the lowest passer rating of any NFL starter and has committed nine turnovers. Kizer isn’t helped by his receivers also being inexperienced.

MCCOWN VS KIZER, ARE YOU KIDDING? WHO DREAMED UP THIS MATCHUP FOR SURE NOT THE NETWORK COVERING THE GAME. :lol:

BUT ON TO THE IMPORTANT STUFF SO WHO WILL BE ON THE CLOCK AFTER THIS GAME? MEANWHILE YOU HAVE SPARE CASH TO BURN SO GIVE THE MINISCULE POINTS AND JUMP ON THE BROWNS, NATURALLY! 

I'm looking forward to our first win. Hopefully by the end of the day I will be looking forward to our second win.

Man does that '86 Browns game vs the Jets bring back memories. I was 11, and was distraught when Freeman ran in a TD to make it 20-10. Inconsolable. Then all hell broke loose! Gotta disagree with you on the white facemasks Tour, old-school grey looks so good on a Browns helmet.

Still can't believe the Browns are favored today, and can't believe the "tanking" Jets have won 2 games already. If the Browns lose today, it's going to be REAL ugly. 0-16 will be a real possibility again.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BrownsDawgPound said:

:)   Our Cleleveland Browns have a chance to finally win their first game in 2017   and at Cleveland since 2006. 

Bad Omen or it maybe just what we need?:P We know it's late but at least please Turn over your Dawg Tag license to holding Dawg Pound signs..Can we buy back the extra "lev" in the Land? We tried that one damn time in my lifetime & it Sucked..Give me a C. Give me L  ...ect. ect....C-L-E-V-E-L-A-N-D  

I’m heading down to the game. I hope they win, but I’m not expecting it to happen.

Injury reports are out... inactives to follow shortly...

NYJ

CLE

Let's go, Myles!

C'mon, Jamie... get your head on right.

Holy smokes the J-E-T-S are in worse physical shape than the B-R-O-W-N-S. 

GO BROWNS we are not as pathetic as those 0-16 teams, right? :huh:

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Man does that '86 Browns game vs the Jets bring back memories. I was 11, and was distraught when Freeman ran in a TD to make it 20-10. Inconsolable. Then all hell broke loose! Gotta disagree with you on the white facemasks Tour, old-school grey looks so good on a Browns helmet.

Still can't believe the Browns are favored today, and can't believe the "tanking" Jets have won 2 games already. If the Browns lose today, it's going to be REAL ugly. 0-16 will be a real possibility again.

Let's see if I can remember which club or bar I was in. :lol: Well it was the year after grad school......maybe Stanley's bar in Youngstown?  Great hot dogs better than Jib Jab! Classic game!

8 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Let's see if I can remember which club or bar I was in. :lol: Well it was the year after grad school......maybe Stanley's bar in Youngstown?  Great hot dogs better than Jib Jab! Classic game!

Great memories....I was there.....I miss winning like Id miss air......

#99 "movie star" and general horse's butt Mark......yeah I miss the rich history of Cleveland Browns football. 

This game will tell us a lot about Hue and his team given where they are now and where they expected to be before the start of the season and especially before the start of the game last week:

• If they fight down to the wire and make it close, that's a good sign that their hearts are still in it.
  • If it's a hapless bumbling blowout of buffoonery...

Disagree....one game tells us nothing.....it's the collective work that indicates where we are and where we are going....

My question is whether we will see any adjustments or just more of the same head down plodding forward game planning...

Can Hue adjust to find a way to put his players in better positions to succeed?

My guess......no....we will still see Peppers at the goal line.....Crow will be shut down early......Kizer will throw over 30 times.....

24 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

great memories....I was there.....I miss winning like Id miss air......

Then breath deep today my friend...

The Inactives are up for us...

17 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

Disagree....one game tells us nothing.....it's the collective work that indicates where we are and where we are going....

My question is whether we will see any adjustments or just more of the same head down plodding forward game planning...

Can Hue adjust to find a way to put his players in better positions to succeed?

My guess......no....we will still see Peppers at the goal line.....Crow will be shut down early......Kizer will throw over 30 times.....

I'm not suggesting one game is all-predictive. But it can give a window into where a team is mentally and emotionally. That isn't nothing, especially early in the season. Especially with a rookie QB.

Coaches and players can yap all day in post-game and pre-game interviews with all of the standard talking points about heart, grit, not letting things get them down, the need to focus on fundamentals, the importance of watching film to correct mistakes, how there is no internal dysfunction, taking the season one game at time, and so on. But their body language, hustle, synchronicity and fit/flow between players, reaction to their own mistakes and that of teammates, etc, tells the actual story.

I'm not pinning things on whether they win today or whether they make mistakes here and there, I'm talking about whether they show that they are playing with confidence in themselves and their teammates. How people respond to adversity is a good predictor of future success, for this season maybe but also for next. If this is all about rebuilding, such indicators are vital.

Jets Inactives are out...

It's a good thing for us that Ealy is out.

We have virtually no chance of winning this game though,  IMO.

Who are our WR's?  - The Jets have a pretty good D.  They are going to load up and take our running game away and we will not be able to beat them with the pass.

On D we'll have one or two guys playing at the warning track and veteran McCown will pick us apart because he will have plenty of time to throw.  Garrett will not help with his limited pitch count while favoring his gimpy ankle.

That's my doom & gloom prediction.

1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

What was Kiser supposed to do? No one was even remotely open. Jesus christ.

Definitely a problem.