THE BROWNS BOARD

☆ 2017 ALDS ☆ New York Yankees vs CLEVELAND INDIANS ☆

mjp28

16 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

The errors were little league status. 7 errors in two games. Everyone Napoli'd at the end of the series. IM TALKING TO YOU LINDOR!

The other thing that really pisses me off is when CC pitched for the tribe in the playoffs he was a 20 pound pile of Sheet in a 10 pound bag, and he gives them 11 solid innings looking like he eats 7 cheeseburgers before the game starts. Thanks. 

When Lindor's contract runs out and the Yankees buy him he'll have the greatest post season stats ever.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's 3 am and far enough from the very untimely end to what was a fantastic 102 win season and that incredible 22 game win streak which may never be broken in any of our lifetimes.

Secretly I was worried that this team peaked too early and didn't have that magic left to kick it in gear when necessary, game 2 was the only real magical moment but it did not carryover to NY, NY and it slipped away.

Or did the 100 win season curse just kick in and doom the miracle 2017 Cleveland Indians, well I DO NOT believe in curses only cause and effect, the still great Indians pitching staff lost 3 games which is deadly in these 5 game series it should be best of 7 but oh well they're done.

So congratulations 2017 Indians hope you do well in 2018......so now we're stuck with the pretty good Cavaliers and 11 weeks of the hapless Browns, yikes!

My sports TV watching just hit a major speed bump, well GO BUCKEYES and YSU!

2 straight seasons..ka-ka-hoe-nise!! You got to Step On Their Necks when you have a team down. 2 teams were 27 outs away from taking their game hearts & they took yours..They know it, but how will they respond to it (again)..Great Season Tribe!!....but FINISH off your demons. It's now stuck in your heads again..Find a new Way..

What a series!

It's a shame it ended for the tribe like this. I thought once they were up 2-0. my Yanks were finished..

Bird, CC, and Gregorius saved our season this series. Coming up big when it mattered,

Can't forget the bullpen too... Drob, Chapman, and Khanle were lights out.

Idk if we can take Houston but many experts said we wouldn't win 80 games so.. Bring it on Houston!

Go Yankees! Hats off to the Indians for a crazy series. I'm sure we will meet again next postseason.

I think I am almost as stunned as the players...

But the loss saved me a bunch of money as I was ready to get tix to all three games in HOU since I was going down for the Browns anyways...

Wait'll next year... one more... next year...

Lost in the amazing last two months of the season was the fact that for the first four months the Indians were a fairly average squad that somehow was hanging onto first place in a division that should have never been in doubt from the get-go.

This series was a the first 2/3rds of the season in a nutshell. The good news is almost everyone will be back next season, and I don't see how the Twins magically overcome their poor pitching staff in one offseason.

TRIBE...Thanks for a great season! Great baseball, a beautiful Stadium, relaxed Players playing for the love of the game, 22 straight wins, the decorative baseballs, nicknames on jerseys, & the best Manager I have ever seen in Cleveland.

We, as baseball Fans, are BLESSED with our beloved Tribe...Win or lose. Looking forward to another exciting season in 2018.

Mike

I swear to god if I hear another announcer say, "Because the Yankees are ahead of schedule in their rebuild..." how the hell can you call anything the Yankees do a rebuild when they have the 2nd highest payroll in major league sports??

On 10/7/2017 at 1:23 PM, wargograw said:

Or make simple contextual deductions apparently. 

If you want to be coy...go to a bar and try to pick up chicks.....or dudes, whatever your pleasure.  Here, men say what they have to say and we don't suffer fools who beat around the bush.

On 10/15/2017 at 3:43 PM, hx214 said:

I swear to god if I hear another announcer say, "Because the Yankees are ahead of schedule in their rebuild..." how the hell can you call anything the Yankees do a rebuild when they have the 2nd highest payroll in major league sports??

Or "the Yankee$ way" since the beginning of time? I alway love the question :

Why did the yank$ win the AL every year from 1947-1964 but three?

A. Better loving, caring fans

B. MO' MONEY! :lol:

On 10/16/2017 at 8:49 AM, The Gipper said:

If you want to be coy...go to a bar and try to pick up chicks.....or dudes, whatever your pleasure.  Here, men say what they have to say and we don't suffer fools who beat around the bush.

The guy asking me a really dumb question calling me a fool. That's rich. 

9 hours ago, wargograw said:

The guy asking me a really dumb question calling me a fool. That's rich. 

You live in Texas and you talk about "we"......and its a really dumb question to ask who "we" is.?? .... Logically "we" should be your team from Texas....but you think we should all know that you claim to be an Indians fan rather than an Astros fan simply by implication rather than declaration?

Archived