mjp28

☆ 2017 ALDS ☆ New York Yankees vs CLEVELAND INDIANS ☆

And the Nationals are choking... again. About to be down 2-0 to the Cubs.

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm going to have to do some research to see when the Indians had a team ERA a full run lower than the A.L. average like they did this season. Amazing.

Try the high mound early 1960s they had some dynamite pitching staffs.....but no bats. :(

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Try the high mound early 1960s they had some dynamite pitching staffs.....but no bats. :(

Just the opposite of the team in the ‘90’s.

We had an all star at every position, the pitching was mediocre at best.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I'm sure they did, with guys like McDowell, Tiant, Siebert, etc but I wonder if the whole staff was ever that much better than league average. This Tribe staff was more than a full run better than the A.L. average. That's incredible.

Awesome game. Loved seeing Tomlin come in and paint that lower strike zone. 

Really wish they could find a spot for Otero if they finish this series off. 

Wondering if Tito would flip Gonzales for Yandi too? I really like Gonzo but I'd like to see another more dangerous bat in the lineup.

Hoping Brantley and Chiz tune up their swings for next game... they both looked really rusty.

Jose! You are the man! Stop pressing!!!

And Edwin Encarnacion can play if necessary, how can they possibly lose!

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm sure they did, with guys like McDowell, Tiant, Siebert, etc but I wonder if the whole staff was ever that much better than league average. This Tribe staff was more than a full run better than the A.L. average. That's incredible.

Don't forget tho that there was no such thing as a bullpen like there is today. Those guys were expected to pitch full games. Makes it hard to compare. I did get to see Sudden Sam's staggering curve a number of times. 

Don't forget huge foul zones helped pitching too. 

14 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

And the Nationals are choking... again. About to be down 2-0 to the Cubs.

Um.... never mind....

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Um.... never mind....

I don't know why but I just can't get into the NL this season.....maybe because the Indians have been so awesome!

4 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Don't forget tho that there was no such thing as a bullpen like there is today. Those guys were expected to pitch full games. Makes it hard to compare. I did get to see Sudden Sam's staggering curve a number of times. 

Don't forget huge foul zones helped pitching too. 

Baseball/football only stadiums did reshape baseball and sports.....but I get nostalgic about the Ol' Muni especially the raunchy men's rooms OMG! :lol:

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Baseball/football only stadiums did reshape baseball and sports.....but I get nostalgic about the Ol' Muni especially the raunchy men's rooms OMG! :lol:

Yeah, I remember standing in line just to piss in the sink!

On 10/5/2017 at 9:59 AM, domcucch1994 said:

Im surprised Tanaka isn't getting the nod in game 1

He's out there now vs Cookie in a do or die game 3, both look good bottom 3.

Garbage at bats for Ramirez and Bruce. Both got themselves out on Sheet pitches.

20 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Garbage at bats for Ramirez and Bruce. Both got themselves out on Sheet pitches.

Both pitchers are doing the same thing batters including Brantley are reaching trying for the big hit.

If you are reaching, the ball should go the other way.   NEVER pull and outside pitch

Brantley looks late and slow

I'd get mad about Judge stealing a homerun from Lindor, but that was a lazy fly ball in every park but Yankee Stadium's little league right field. And Judge is like 8 feet tall.

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'd get mad about Judge stealing a homerun from Lindor, but that was a lazy fly ball in every park but Yankee Stadium's little league right field. And Judge is like 8 feet tall.

NYY & BOS the two biggest jokes in MLB......and Judge does play above the rim. 

Bases loaded two out.....enter Miller, oh boy.

That was one of the most frustrating games to watch. The Indians approach at the plate was terrible. I think I could count on one hand how many splitters actually hit the strike zone.... what were they doing.... Honestly... just stand there and take a walk... you don't have to swing at bouncing balls...Kip with a one out triple and your 3 and 4 hitter can't even put the ball in play? 

Andrew Miller has the nastiest slider in the MLB and he gets in to throw 12 pitches and throws a belt high fastball to a .190 hitter...

They deserved to lose that game. 

(Oh ya... Judge's can of corn fly ball 6 inch hop wasn't anywhere near what they made it out to be. Greg Allen at 5' 5" makes that play too. But I'm sure we will get to watch it 400+ times before the end of the series as the greatest athletic play in the history of the MLB)

Well pitched both teams with 5 hits the Indians are used to winning these games, oh well. Now vs Mother Nature tomorrow. 

On 10/5/2017 at 7:48 PM, Dutch Oven said:

How did you become a Browns fan?

My father served in the Coast Guard from '80-83 I believe, and during his time, he knew Otto Graham. 
Otto would come to the mess hall every day, my dad was a cook. He said every day he came in and would tell him a funny joke.

One day when I was about 8, he showed me an autographed picture made of Otto in his CG uniform, made out to my grandparents that said my dad was a good cook.

I always thought that was the coolest thing.  He told me who he played for and all of the championships he won back in the 40s and 50s. That's what made me become a fan

Had that picture forever but somehow lost it moving between places in Myrtle Beach.. Hopefully someday it'll turn up somewhere

• Like 2

This rain really concerns me.

For the Tribe's sake, it might have been better for this game to get rained out. Bauer could start tomorrow on four days rest, then Kluber, plus the pen (Miller) could get another day off.

That was absolutely atrocious. Klubester better show up Wednesday.