THE BROWNS BOARD

☆ 2017 ALDS ☆ New York Yankees vs CLEVELAND INDIANS ☆

mjp28

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, wargograw said:

Boy, it’s a lot of work avoiding seeing news about the game in this day and age when you’re watching the game on delay. But I pulled it off. 

Great game! Loved the energy out there. 

Andrew Miller had some nice Ks but still doesn’t quite look right, does he?

Who’s up for one last stream to finish the season? 11 games. Shouldn’t be too hard for this group. Go TRIBE!!

I've been thinking the same thing about Miller. He's not quite 2016 Andrew Miller.

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I've been thinking the same thing about Miller. He's not quite 2016 Andrew Miller.

That might be a HUGE factor going forward, you wonder if his mechanics are somehow compromised on that big frame of his and will he get better or not. Afterall he is an MVP shutdown reliever and even a closer if necessary. We don't need more drama going forward now.

GO TRIBE!

It just seems like every time he goes out he lets someone or two on base. Not a huge deal if he’s starting an inning but if he’s coming in with 2 men on it bases loaded then we expect him to get through the inning cleanly. 

30 minutes ago, wargograw said:

We’re their kryptonite. Can’t wait to beat them in 5.

So you don't see the Astros taking more than one huh? Most likely an accurate prediction, but it will still be a good series.

43 minutes ago, wargograw said:

It just seems like every time he goes out he lets someone or two on base. Not a huge deal if he’s starting an inning but if he’s coming in with 2 men on it bases loaded then we expect him to get through the inning cleanly. 

If you're looking for a or the fly in the ointment in the playoffs that's it, if he's ineffective or OUT who comes in? Smith? Shaw? Otero? The starters can't be expected to go 7, 8, 9 innings everytime. 

Oh or will Salazar or Clevinger save the day but neither is Miller. 

6 minutes ago, wargograw said:

English mjp. You’re better than that. 

Ag, they haven’t won more than one against us yet ;)

De que estas habanado? OK my Spanish is rusty but it would be maybe the biggest concern especially against a power hitting team like the yankees in a close game.

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If Houston continues to play like they played yesterday, this will be a really good ALCS with the Tribe.

Not getting ahead of ourselves, but yes, that could be quite a matchup if it happens.

And note, I believe I documented this before.....when the Browns play Texans in Houston on Oct. 15, it is also possible that the Tribe and the Astros would play in Houston the next night.

Alas though, I have changed my travel plans and will not be making the trip to Houston.

(how far away from Houston are you Ag?  I know Tour is nearby....)

37 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Not getting ahead of ourselves, but yes, that could be quite a matchup if it happens.

And note, I believe I documented this before.....when the Browns play Texans in Houston on Oct. 15, it is also possible that the Tribe and the Astros would play in Houston the next night.

Alas though, I have changed my travel plans and will not be making the trip to Houston.

(how far away from Houston are you Ag?  I know Tour is nearby....)

Far enough away that I never feel like visiting other than maybe going to Galveston. That takes about 5 hours going west around Houston and coming up the coast. My grandmother was born and raised in Galveston so some family buried there including great grand parents, various uncles and aunts. I love the ocean so staying seaside is a treat even though it's a far cry from the Caribbean.

The Yanks go up 2 runs in the first, but the Indians load the bases and score 2.

In the 2nd inning, the Tribe loads the bases again but only manage to score a single run.

Bad news, Edward Encarnacion rolls his ankle and has to be helped off the field.

Brantley is now the DH.

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

De que estas habanado? OK my Spanish is rusty but it would be maybe the biggest concern especially against a power hitting team like the yankees in a close game.

I think you meant De que estas hablando? (accents on que and estas) What are you talking about? That what you meant?

18 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Ha-ha you still call it “the Jake”?

Me too!

A couple of years ago someone on here told me off for not calling it The Jake haha so it stuck with me as that, maybe it was you!!

Tied game !

Archived