THE BROWNS BOARD

☆ 2017 ALDS ☆ New York Yankees vs CLEVELAND INDIANS ☆

mjp28

☆ 2017 ALDS ☆ New York Yankees vs CLEVELAND INDIANS ☆

Here is a look at the complete schedule for the 2017 ALDS:

Game 1: Thursday, October 5, 7:30 p.m. (in Cleveland)

Game 2: Friday, October 6, 5:00 p.m. (in Cleveland)

Game 3: Sunday, October 8, Time TBA (in New York)

Game 4: Monday, October 9, Time TBA (in New York)*

Game 5: Wednesday, October 11, Time TBA (in Cleveland)*

*-If Necessary

Let the games begin!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Indians will start Trevor Bauer in Game 1 of the 2017 American League Division Series against either the Minnesota Twins or New York Yankees at Progressive Field Thursday night.

By starting Bauer, the Indians will be able to keep ace right-hander and AL Cy Young Award candidate Corey Kluber on his schedule of pitching every five days, as he will start Game 2 at Progressive Field Friday afternoon. By starting Kluber in Game 2, the Indians could go back to him on regular rest should the ALDS go to a winner-take-all Game 5.

Carlos Carrasco will take the hill in Game 3 and Josh Tomlin would start a Game 4, but is still available to pitch in long relief should the Indians need him in either Games 1 or 2.

Even before beginning their AL-record 22-game winning streak began, the Indians saw Bauer emerge as the type of talent who was selected with the No. 3 overall pick in the 2011 MLB Draft.

In the month of August, Bauer posted a 5-0 record and 2.30 earned run average in seven appearances, including six starts. Over 39.0 innings of work, Bauer allowed 10 earned runs and nine walks against 40 strikeouts.

Bauer earned two wins each over the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox, the top two teams in the AL East Division, as well as one against the Kansas City Royals.

Bauer finished the regular season with a 17-9 record and 4.19 ERA in 32 games, including 31 starts. Over 176.1 innings of work. Bauer registered 196 strikeouts against 60 walks allowed.

During the regular season, Bauer was a standout performer at home, going 10-4 with a 3.93 ERA with 116 strikeouts against 25 walks allowed in 103.0 innings of work in 17 starts at Progressive Field.

FOR YOU BASEBALL JUNKIES......

Tuesday, October 3
FINAL    ALWC    Yankees 8,  Twins 4    W: Robertson,  L: Berrios    WRAP

Wednesday, October 4
8:00 PM    NLWC    Rockies @ D-backs    Gray (10-4) at  Greinke (17-7)    TBS

Thursday, October 5
4:00 PM    ALDS Gm 1    Red Sox @ Astros    Sale (17-8) at  Verlander (15-8)    MLBN
7:30 PM    ALDS Gm 1    Yankees @ Indians    TBD at Bauer (17-9)    FS1
Friday, October 6
2:00 PM    ALDS Gm 2    Red Sox @ Astros    Pomeranz (17-6) at  Keuchel (14-5)    FS1
5:00 PM    ALDS Gm 2    Yankees @ Indians    TBD at Kluber (18-4)    MLBN
7:30 PM    NLDS Gm 1    Cubs @ Nationals    TBD at TBD    TBS
10:30 PM    NLDS Gm 1    ARI or COL @ Dodgers    TBD at Kershaw (18-4)    TBS
Saturday, October 7
5:30 PM    NLDS Gm 2    Cubs @ Nationals    TBD at TBD    TBS
9:00 PM    NLDS Gm 2    ARI or COL @ Dodgers    TBD at Hill (12-8)    TBS
Sunday, October 8
TBD    ALDS Gm 3    Astros @ Red Sox    TBD at TBD    FS1
TBD    ALDS Gm 3    Indians @ Yankees    Carrasco (18-6) at  TBD    FS1
Monday, October 9
TBD    NLDS Gm 3    Nationals @ Cubs    TBD at TBD    TBS
TBD    NLDS Gm 3    Dodgers @ ARI or COL    TBD at TBD    TBS
TBD    ALDS Gm 4*    Astros @ Red Sox    TBD at TBD    FS1
TBD    ALDS Gm 4*    Indians @ Yankees    Tomlin (10-9) at  TBD    FS1 * if necessary
Tuesday, October 10
TBD    NLDS Gm 4*    Nationals @ Cubs    TBD at TBD    TBS
TBD    NLDS Gm 4*    Dodgers @ ARI or COL    TBD at TBD    TBS * if necessary
Wednesday, October 11
TBD    ALDS Gm 5*    Red Sox @ Astros    TBD at TBD    FS1
TBD    ALDS Gm 5*    Yankees @ Indians    TBD at Kluber (18-4)    FS1 * if necessary
Thursday, October 12
TBD    NLDS Gm 5*    Cubs @ Nationals    TBD at TBD    TBS
TBD    NLDS Gm 5*    ARI or COL @ Dodgers    TBD at TBD    TBS * if necessary

Friday, October 13
TBD    ALCS Gm 1    AL Lower Seed @ AL Higher Seed    TBD at TBD    FOX / FS1

Dreaming ahead if the Indians can wrap this up in 3 or 4 games they can then completely reset their pitching rotation for the ACLS. :o

Looking waaaay ahead to the World Series game 1 would be Tuesday October 24 and game 6 if necessary on HALLOWEEN with game 7 on November 1, 2017.

Wouldn't that be a hoot in sunny Cleveland,  Ohio. ;)

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It's gonna end up the Indians starters vs. the Yankees bullpen which has a far better collective era than any of their starters. 13 SOs last night in 8 2/3 innings.

I'll take the Tribe's bullpen "IF" Clevinger, Salazar, Miller, Allen are all 100% healthy and ready to roll in October,  should be fun. :)

11 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It's gonna end up the Indians starters vs. the Yankees bullpen which has a far better collective era than any of their starters. 13 SOs last night in 8 2/3 innings.

Yea, but, the Indians have a better bullpen than the Yankees.

Just now, The Gipper said:

Yea, but, the Indians have a better bullpen than the Yankees.

"IF" Salazar and Miller are 100% ready to roll look out! Remember wio won playoff MVP awards last year plus Francona is a mad scientist with his matchups.

I think the pitching matchups are gonna go

Tanaka vs Bauer
Sabathia vs. Kubler

Gray vs.Carrasco

Wouldn't be surprised if the Yanks get to Bauer in Game 1, Kubler shuts them out in Game 2, and Carrasco edges Gray in Game 3.

Gonna be a great series. I think my yanks fall to the tribe in 4/5 games

23 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

I think the pitching matchups are gonna go

Tanaka vs Bauer
Sabathia vs. Kubler

Gray vs.Carrasco

Wouldn't be surprised if the Yanks get to Bauer in Game 1, Kubler shuts them out in Game 2, and Carrasco edges Gray in Game 3.

Gonna be a great series. I think my yanks fall to the tribe in 4/5 games

Where in New York are you from?

44 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Where in New York are you from?

Not from NY. Born and raised in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Grew up in the Poconos, moved to Myrtle Beach 4 years ago.

Grew up as a Browns and Yanks fan. I have been to 6 yankee games in my life. 2 at the old stadium, and 4 in the new stadium.

Which team has the edge in the American League Division Series?

http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ssf/2017/10/cleveland_indians_vs_new_york_19.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Thursday’s American League Division Series opener between the New York Yankees and Cleveland Indians features two teams that are more evenly matched than some would think.

Beyond statistics, a position-by-position analysis of the matchup suggests each team can claim an edge in several aspects of the game.

Cleveland (102-60) won the season series between the two clubs, 5-2, sweeping a late-August series in the Bronx after splitting four games at Progressive Field earlier that same month.
Offensively, the Yankees (91-71) finished second in the AL in runs scored (858) while Cleveland was third (818). New York led the league with 241 home runs (Cleveland 212), while the Indians finished with a better team batting average (.263 to .262) and higher slugging percentage (.449 to .447).
Cleveland led the AL in nearly every important pitching category, including team ERA (3.30) and strikeouts (1,614), while the Yankees posted a league-low batting average against (.228).
Here is a look at the ALDS matchup with a breakdown of which club has the edge at each spot.

Game 1, Thursday: Sonny Gray, Yankees vs. Trevor Bauer, Indians. 
Game 2, Friday: CC Sabathia, Yankees vs. Corey Kluber, Indians. 
Game 3, Sunday: Carlos Carrasco, Indians vs. Luis Severino, Yankees.
 Game 4 (if necessary), Oct. 9: Josh Tomlin, Indians vs. Masahiro Tanaka, Yankees.
 Game 5 (if necessary), Oct. 11: Gray, Yankees vs. Kluber, Indians.

I'm not a big fan of Bauer,, but I think I understand Tito's logic.. if you want to call it that... Hes a bit better than serviceable and you don't have to tire out the better arms on the roster.. That said.. GO TRIBE!!!

19 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

Not from NY. Born and raised in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Grew up in the Poconos, moved to Myrtle Beach 4 years ago.

Grew up as a Browns and Yanks fan. I have been to 6 yankee games in my life. 2 at the old stadium, and 4 in the new stadium.

OK....is that Yankee country rather than Philly country?

12 hours ago, nickers said:

I'm not a big fan of Bauer,, but I think I understand Tito's logic.. if you want to call it that... Hes a bit better than serviceable and you don't have to tire out the better arms on the roster.. That said.. GO TRIBE!!!

The FOX studio hacks Arod and Papi were so dead wrong.......Bauer was fantastic! 

27 minutes ago, hx214 said:

That curveball is hammering. If he can keep the touch on that... the Indians are gonna be TOUGH

And doubting Tito, Kipnis in CF, start Kluber no matter what, blah, blah, blah......quiet now. :lol:

Boy, it’s a lot of work avoiding seeing news about the game in this day and age when you’re watching the game on delay. But I pulled it off. 

Great game! Loved the energy out there. 

Andrew Miller had some nice Ks but still doesn’t quite look right, does he?

Who’s up for one last stream to finish the season? 11 games. Shouldn’t be too hard for this group. Go TRIBE!!

Archived