THE BROWNS BOARD

☆ 2017 ALDS ☆ New York Yankees vs CLEVELAND INDIANS ☆

mjp28

I attended my 1st Tribe game in 1952 at age 5. My first favorite player was Larry Doby. I have seen many greats, but this is the BEST Indians Team I have ever seen & I defy ANYONE to show me a better pitching staff than THIS Indians staff. Add to that the WAY this Team approaches the game, totally relaxed with passion for the game & love for their Teammates, & I just don't see anyone beating them. Ace in the hole is one Terry Francona.......he is AMAZING!!!!!!

If I were Larry Dolan, I would wrap Francona up for the rest of his career NOW! By far the best Manager I have ever seen in Cleveland.

Mike

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

Ace in the hole is one Terry Francona.......he is AMAZING!!!!!!

Terry's presser on Josh Tomlin "He's got Major League Balls"...Never liked a Boston, but Terry was good there too 

Holy smokes this team continues to amaze me, us, everyone OH and the yank$ should be toast now. :D

GO TRIBE! 

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Big mistake by Yankees not to challenge that hit batter call before the GS. Big mistake!! Gave away the series.

You couldn't tell if the ball hit anything on replay.  

PS I don't care if the Yankees don't win another WS for the next 100 years- they have more than their share already....  Sort of like UCLA in basketball. 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

You couldn't tell if the ball hit anything on replay.  

PS I don't care if the Yankees don't win another WS for the next 100 years- they have more than their share already....  Sort of like UCLA in basketball. 

Or OSU and Bama?:P

Must be Indian eyes looking.:D

It sure didn't hit the glove and the rotation of the ball is affected by the only thing possible, the knob of the bat. Slow mo sure seemed to show it to me. The ump called it on the sound, not by what he saw. He wrongly assumed it was the batter, which is understandable given the small area of the knob in relation to everything else. Take a look again. The commentators and now the press are sure it hit the knob.

Not a Yankees fan here so it was fine with me. But they should have challenged with an 0-2 count and a better hitter on deck.

15 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I have many greats, but this is the BEST Indians Team I have ever seen & I defy ANYONE to show me a better pitching staff than THIS Indians staff.

I'm going to have to do some research to see when the Indians had a team ERA a full run lower than the A.L. average like they did this season. Amazing.

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm going to have to do some research to see when the Indians had a team ERA a full run lower than the A.L. average like they did this season. Amazing.

Try the high mound early 1960s they had some dynamite pitching staffs.....but no bats. :(

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Try the high mound early 1960s they had some dynamite pitching staffs.....but no bats. :(

Just the opposite of the team in the ‘90’s.

We had an all star at every position, the pitching was mediocre at best.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I'm sure they did, with guys like McDowell, Tiant, Siebert, etc but I wonder if the whole staff was ever that much better than league average. This Tribe staff was more than a full run better than the A.L. average. That's incredible.

Awesome game. Loved seeing Tomlin come in and paint that lower strike zone. 

Really wish they could find a spot for Otero if they finish this series off. 

Wondering if Tito would flip Gonzales for Yandi too? I really like Gonzo but I'd like to see another more dangerous bat in the lineup.

Hoping Brantley and Chiz tune up their swings for next game... they both looked really rusty.

Jose! You are the man! Stop pressing!!!

And Edwin Encarnacion can play if necessary, how can they possibly lose!

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm sure they did, with guys like McDowell, Tiant, Siebert, etc but I wonder if the whole staff was ever that much better than league average. This Tribe staff was more than a full run better than the A.L. average. That's incredible.

Don't forget tho that there was no such thing as a bullpen like there is today. Those guys were expected to pitch full games. Makes it hard to compare. I did get to see Sudden Sam's staggering curve a number of times. 

Don't forget huge foul zones helped pitching too. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Um.... never mind....

I don't know why but I just can't get into the NL this season.....maybe because the Indians have been so awesome!

4 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Don't forget tho that there was no such thing as a bullpen like there is today. Those guys were expected to pitch full games. Makes it hard to compare. I did get to see Sudden Sam's staggering curve a number of times. 

Don't forget huge foul zones helped pitching too. 

Baseball/football only stadiums did reshape baseball and sports.....but I get nostalgic about the Ol' Muni especially the raunchy men's rooms OMG! :lol:

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Baseball/football only stadiums did reshape baseball and sports.....but I get nostalgic about the Ol' Muni especially the raunchy men's rooms OMG! :lol:

Yeah, I remember standing in line just to piss in the sink!

On 10/5/2017 at 9:59 AM, domcucch1994 said:

Im surprised Tanaka isn't getting the nod in game 1

He's out there now vs Cookie in a do or die game 3, both look good bottom 3.

20 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Garbage at bats for Ramirez and Bruce. Both got themselves out on Sheet pitches.

Both pitchers are doing the same thing batters including Brantley are reaching trying for the big hit.

If you are reaching, the ball should go the other way.   NEVER pull and outside pitch

Brantley looks late and slow

Archived