THE BROWNS BOARD

Alexander to IR; Deon King Called Up from PS; Plus a Couple More Moves

Tour2ma

Allen is smoking Darnold so far and is running neck and neck with Mayfield for top dog.

Couple interesting risers in UWa's Browning and WshSt's Luke Falk, who came into the season fairly highly ranked.

My Darkhorse Candidate 1, Ole Miss' Shea Patterson, has stumbled the past two weeks vs. increased competition levels... like BAMA last week.

Get to see my new, DC2, UVa's Kurt Benkert, this week coming off a bye and eye-balling my top spot.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

nah. this year we'll have a few busts and a couple of greats. lets not trade down.

if we trade down from a top five pick, i will literally spontaneously combust.

I think the Browns should trade down from their eventual #1 or #2 overall pick to, oh I don't know, let's say the 22nd overall and then take a QB.

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I personally think that this coming year's QB crop may have been way overrated, and that 2017 may in fact be proven to have had the better crop of QBs in the long run. 

Just a feeling. 

It's been my experience that "next years" crop is always gonna be better....until next year arrives......

Usually rings of justification for passing on this years best......

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Allen is smoking Darnold so far and is running neck and neck with Mayfield for top dog.

far to early but oh swell..I've spent some late nights watching Allen & Falk this season.. https://denverpost.com/2017/09/22/josh-allen-wyoming-qb/  this reporter is dead on with Allen & his other sub-par under performing teammates.(sound familiar).Allen has 2 Kenny Britt's at WR. Allen's stats will take a hit, but has won last 2 games..Luke Falk is tearing it up with 16TD-2 picks-a 74.5 CMP% over 1700 passing yards with 15 sacks & a win over Darnold..Quite a college football game, I might add      

12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Couple interesting risers in UWa's Browning and WshSt's Luke Falk, who came into the season fairly highly ranked.

My Darkhorse Candidate 1, Ole Miss' Shea Patterson, has stumbled the past two weeks vs. increased competition levels... like BAMA last week.

Get to see my new, DC2, UVa's Kurt Benkert, this week coming off a bye and eye-balling my top spot.

Patterson is a sophomore just fyi. 

10 hours ago, gumby73 said:

far to early but oh swell..I've spent some late nights watching Allen & Falk this season.. https://denverpost.com/2017/09/22/josh-allen-wyoming-qb/  this reporter is dead on with Allen & his other sub-par under performing teammates.(sound familiar).Allen has 2 Kenny Britt's at WR. Allen's stats will take a hit, but has won last 2 games..Luke Falk is tearing it up with 16TD-2 picks-a 74.5 CMP% over 1700 passing yards with 15 sacks & a win over Darnold..Quite a college football game, I might add      

That was a well written article about him gumby. With 5 dropped passes in Wyoming's first 26 plays (includes runs), he'll fit right in with Brittany & Co. H'es having a character building year and it seems to be working out just fine for his mental makeup. Think I'll take another look next time he's on somewhere.

12 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

H'es having a character building year and it seems to be working out just fine for his mental makeup. .

Stole some seats in Raleigh,NC for to-nights Louisville at NC.State game..Not a big Lamar Jackson fan but I can change..Watch why Dayes should be good..He left a RB Nyheim Hines at NC. State with a good OL..

So they waive Jordan Leslie to make room for Treggs, but it said they put him on injury designation.  I guess I don't understand that? Does that mean he hits waivers and if nobody claims him he goes on IR on the Browns roster? They aren't allowed to cut/waive an injured player right?

10 minutes ago, hx214 said:

So they waive Jordan Leslie to make room for Treggs, but it said they put him on injury designation.  I guess I don't understand that? Does that mean he hits waivers and if nobody claims him he goes on IR on the Browns roster? They aren't allowed to cut/waive an injured player right?

Somewhat complicated but here's a decent write-up.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017/08/what_does_it_mean_when_an_nfl_player_is_waivedinju_1.html

Yes... important designation difference between "waived/injured" and "waived with injury settlement". As I understand it the former is a route to the waiving team's IR while the latter is a paid, permanent separation with FA status the destination if waivers are cleared.

8 hours ago, wargograw said:

Patterson is a sophomore just fyi. 

Got it... just caught my eye early. I get to watch some darkhorses for two and even three years. Dak was the last one. Thought I saw him coming as a Sophomore... saw him grow as  Junior... saw him blossom as a Senior. Doesn't happen often.

Did not mention my other Mississippian candidate, State's Fitzgerald... fading badly since competition level rose after LSU game, a team we know now isn't very good.

McShay was on NFL Live yesterday. Made similar comments about Allen's year and his supporting cast to those in the article posted above. Gave a bit of same nod to Darnold, but called last week's loss at Washington State concerning. Of Rosen he simply said, "He's been the most consistent of the top QBs in the class."

In a side note... Todd also called PSU's Barkley the best college RB since Adrian Petersen and "a freak" to be able to move the way he does at 230#. Right now Todd sees him as a top three pick.

38 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

In a side note... Todd also called PSU's Barkley the best college RB since Adrian Petersen and "a freak" to be able to move the way he does at 230#. Right now Todd sees him as a top three pick.

LOL! Rest my case your honor!:lol:

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

McShay was on NFL Live yesterday. Made similar comments about Allen's year and his supporting cast to those in the article posted above. Gave a bit of same nod to Darnold, but called last week's loss at Washington State concerning. Of Rosen he simply said, "He's been the most consistent of the top QBs in the class."

Rosen really has.

I'm just troubled by the comparison to Manziel personality-wise that has been bandied about. I can't remember who originally wrote it, but it sent shivers down my spine. :lol:

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Rosen really has.

I'm just troubled by the comparison to Manziel personality-wise that has been bandied about. I can't remember who originally wrote it, but it sent shivers down my spine. :lol:

Haven't seen that, but, yes, that would... depending on how far it extends.

It's one thing if a prospect participates in a certain amount of "partying"... I mean these are college kids. It's another if his game prep is less than well dedicated.

40 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

It's one thing if a prospect participates in a certain amount of "partying"... I mean these are college kids. It's another if his game prep is less than well dedicated.

Here's a little something on Rosen...

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/a-beautiful-brash-mind/

Mike

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

Here's a little something on Rosen...

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/a-beautiful-brash-mind/

Mike

Hope he does not make the same mistake of coming out early like JM. Maturity will be an issue and he's not ready yet. One more for the CFL castoff pile (CFL not taking JM).

What did you see that gives even a hint of immaturity, Ag?

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Here's a little something on Rosen... http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/a-beautiful-brash-mind/

Holy schnikees... Definitely not #1 over material... I wouldn't go higher than #2 overall... unless I had to...

I seriously loved that article and the refreshing openness Rosen brings. Especially loved this bit from the article...

The same teenager who is allowed to start each quarterbacks meeting at UCLA with a two-minute "Josh period," where quarterbacks coach Marques Tuiasosopo sets aside time for Rosen to discuss anything on his mind before the group returns to strictly football and steers clear of "Josh tangents."

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Yes, it is really hard to tell if a guy who "parties" can have off field events disrupt things in his football career.  I mean, it didn't hurt this guy:

11726b248373f18b0f68b5dbd590e4b2.jpg

18 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Rosen's an idiot. He doesn't even celebrate touchdowns with his teammates (or at least didn't in the A&M game). I was at the Rose Bowl and all the UCLA fans around me kept pointing out what a terrible teammate he was. 

8 hours ago, wargograw said:

Rosen's an idiot. He doesn't even celebrate touchdowns with his teammates (or at least didn't in the A&M game). I was at the Rose Bowl and all the UCLA fans around me kept pointing out what a terrible teammate he was. 

I may still want to take a chance on him.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I may still want to take a chance on him.

Maybe in 2019 if they convince him he needs another year to mature. We don't need another JM who obviously should have stayed two more years in college.

Rosen is an arrogant partier who's teammates get frustrated with him, but the kid can ball in college.

I think He's Manziel 2.0. He's also like the QB from that movie about the browns, "Draft Day".

He isn't exactly mature. That doesn't mean he'll be a bust, but I DONT WANT HIM.

That's like asking me if i'd rather have jimmy garrapolo or johnny manziel. I wanted Jimmy G back then, and would still take him over Rosen.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Maybe in 2019 if they convince him he needs another year to mature. We don't need another JM who obviously should have stayed two more years in college.

He's not the only Browns QB who came out too early....

lol... winning makes friends, but also does...

• the bit in the aricle where Rosen as an incoming Frosh asked if he could move his locker from the QB section to the OL section.
  • that he spent time in HS raising funds so his entire team could make the trip to Hawaii to play a game.

13 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

lol... winning makes friends, but also does...

• the bit in the aricle where Rosen as an incoming Frosh asked if he could move his locker from the QB section to the OL section.
  • that he spent time in HS raising funds so his entire team could make the trip to Hawaii to play a game.

His handmade headband he wore while golfing at a certain individual's golf course makes me think I might have been premature on my assessment of the young man. :lol:

Archived