THE BROWNS BOARD

Alexander to IR; Deon King Called Up from PS; Plus a Couple More Moves

Tour2ma

Browns elevate LB Deon King, place Dominique Alexander on IR

The Browns have announced a handful of roster moves.

The Cleveland Browns announced the following in a press release:

BEREA, Ohio – The Cleveland Browns have elevated LB Deon King to the active roster from the practice squad and placed LB Dominique Alexander on injured reserve (knee). In addition, the club signed LB Austin Calitro and WR Rannell Hall to the practice squad and released LB Garrett Sickels from the practice squad.

King spent the first four weeks of the season on the Browns’ practice squad. The 6-0, 220 pound second-year player out of Norfolk State appeared in two games with the Chargers and four games with the Colts in 2016. He is a native of Reston, Va.

Alexander appeared as a reserve in all four games this season and logged one special teams tackle. He injured his knee in the first quarter against the Bengals on Sunday.

Calitro, a 6-0, 240-pound rookie, was originally signed by the New York Jets as an undrafted free agent. He spent two weeks this season on Seattle’s practice squad. Collegiately, he appeared in 48 games for Villanova and registered 220 tackles, 8.5 sacks, eight passes defensed, three forced fumbles and two interceptions. He is a native of Danbury, Conn.

Hall is 6-0, 200 pounds and in his second NFL season out of Central Florida. He appeared in one game with the Browns in 2015 and missed all of last season with a leg injury. He logged seven catches for 103 yards and a touchdown during the 2017 preseason.

https://cle.247sports.com/Bolt/Cleveland-Browns-elevate-Deon-King-Dominique-Alexander-injured-r-108378389

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of 32 mins ago.. in same Tour2ma post (2nd down) Browns also sign WR Bryce Treggs off Philly's PS (must go active roster 3 weeks)..Treggs also played with 49'ers after coming out of Cal in 2006..Welcome Back Randall Hall..Somebody catch the dang ball Please..

We could very well beat the piss out of the Jets if we would just put in the young Steve Young aka Kevin Hogan. :)

I have to say, you guys are truly remarkable. No matter how many times you bang you head against the wall, when given another opportunity to bang more, you step right up. I see a schidt load of roster moves............. of more nobodies, and you asstards turn them into HOF saviors. Seriously, the Browns could sign a bland man and you fauk-heads would circlejerk all over each other.

If I have ever witnessed more intense stupidity I surely cannot recall when that has been.

24 weeks ago you were all on your high horses about assets, amassing draft picks, Williams swarming D, Kizer being the steal of the draft, Hue having us in the right direction, our new, powerful OL, and blah blah blah................... now, here we are at 0 - 4, Hue's job close to being done, and the Browns sign a bunch of schidt talent to do what? Improve on this already fabulous rebuild?

I thought we are on track? So why do we need to sign a bunch of horse-schidt players? These moves mean only one thing................ THe entire FO is fauhking lost and clueless.

who the heck is Bryce Treggs?

a burner, 4.3x... and can drive defenses crazy.... and can CATCH the ball. Hope he and Hall start making

a difference for the offense. Oh, he's also a field stretcher. And a very physical blocker...

58 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

who the heck is Bryce Treggs?

a burner, 4.3x... and can drive defenses crazy.... and can CATCH the ball. Hope he and Hall start making

a difference for the offense. Oh, he's also a field stretcher. And a very physical blocker...

Cal....His scouting report also said..."has issues with drops at times"......OH PEACHY!!!!!!!

Mike

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Treggs also played with 49'ers after coming out of Cal in 2006.

They MUST mean 2016 and not 2006.

I'm glad Rannell Hall is back on the PS.  I'd like to see him play.  He can't be worse than what we've got.

No Scooby Wright III yet? 

54 minutes ago, Orion said:

They MUST mean 2016 and not 2006.

I'm glad Rannell Hall is back on the PS.  I'd like to see him play.  He can't be worse than what we've got.

It's 2016, In your past WR tread I was Hall's biggest fan..Till he broke his leg last season, Hall was the go to guy all thru that camp that got open & showed he could catch in traffic.. than "snap" in 1st pre-season game..Call this addition weird? But Hall now back with J.Leslie, properly caught a lot of their camp ball passes from Kess(was 2) & Hogan(3)?.imo Haslem don't like orange empty seats at half.. 

Just read Haslam's NET worth was 3.6 Billion. If I had the money you guys, I would buy the Browns from Jimmy and bring you a Championship. 

4 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Just read Haslam's NET worth was 3.6 Billion. If I had the money you guys, I would buy the Browns from Jimmy and bring you a Championship. 

You owe me a laptop. I just laughed so hard I spit lemonade all over it. :lol:

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Cal....His scouting report also said..."has issues with drops at times"......OH PEACHY!!!!!!!

Mike

and lets not forget it will take at least 4 weeks to learn the offense.

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

In your past WR tread I was Hall's biggest fan.

Well then, I musta been 2nd.    I was surprised that they cut him and didn't even bring him back to the practice squad.  He's been away so long now that I don't see much of a chance of him being brought up to the 53 any time soon....especially with the new guy that's now on the 53 for at least a month.

3 hours ago, LBC mike said:

If you are a wr in the nfl expectations are you are going to catch the ball.  Not too hard to ask or find 😕

And we're stuck to the tune of $17 million with drop artist Kenny Britt. 

18 hours ago, PoeticG said:

We could very well beat the piss out of the Jets if we would just put in the young Steve Young aka Kevin Hogan. :)

Well your hero will play when Hue decides Kizer ain't got it- he hasn't gotten there yet. 

15 hours ago, PoeticG said:

No Scooby Wright III yet? 

You're out of luck there PO, Scooby-Doo has been bouncing back and forth between the Cardinal's active roster and practice squad. They just reactivated him. 

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Are we stsly on the hook for all that money? Jesus Shmuck. 

That's why he always has a Sheet-eatin' grin on his face. "Don't care. $17mil. If I drop enough maybe I can collect it on the bench and not risk brain damage."

So, on the show "Everybody Loves Raymond" one time - Ray tells his brother to screw up so his to-be-wife wouldn't

ask him to do a lot of stuff for the wedding. He gets found out, and was in huge trouble, since that is what HE

did when THEY got married.

sounds like Kenny Brittlehands to me. We'll see if Hogan gets his chance.

3 hours ago, LBC mike said:

I think hue rides our Kiser to see what he has. Plan for next year 

At this rate, we've going to be seriously involved in the Darnold Derby, or one of the other top QBs like Josh Allen. Four o-fers. Us, Chargers, Giants, 49ers. All might be interested. Giants and Chargers may be in the market for their QBOTF. I hope the Niners are thinking Cousins. 

Archived