THE BROWNS BOARD

How many more times are we starting the 4-fit at QB?

Flugel

When you defense starts out playing well in the first couple series or so and all they get back are quick 3 and outs from an offense lef by Helen Keller with a strong arm - the wind out of sails moment is inevitable.

I keep reading Kizer earned the job but what QB has led us to the most points per series combing pre-season and early regular season? What one played in a pro style offense at Stanford? and what one came out of ND's offense with a coach saying his QB wasn't at all ready for the NFL?   I understand Andy Reid cut Hogan just like GB cut Kurt Warner when Andy Reid was either the QB Coach or the OC.  Sometimes guys emerge at different rates. 

YES, Kizer has that Kyle Boller/Jamarcus Russell/Brandon Weeden/Derek Anderson bazooka but he also is just as piss poor at seeing the field and reading his progressions.   He's late on way too many throws. I gotta at least see hints of touch when necessary - or merely leading guys to the extent there's an ability of throwing guys open.  When guys are breaking inside or doing a slant and he throws behind them but they get a hand on it - I don't look at them like they're drops.  Their horrible throws that are gotta make at this level.  Other times, I see ankle high throws or bounce passes.  As I've said, it reminds me of a baseball team around a pitcher that can't and won't find the strike zone all game long.  Teammates get out of synch and easily lose focus especially when the ball surprisingly comes in play.  It's what we're seeing.

The wind out of sails moment was the turnover we got and the offense didn't move the ball a yard before we missed a 48 yard FG.  NOTHING-ZIP forecasting the type of time of possession Cincy was about to dominate on us. Ogbah almost got us another turnover but after Cincy recovered it - they put it in gear and never looked back.

If we prioritized 3 guys ahead of Kizer in a draft that was often labelled a weak QB draft by draft analysts/experts - I'm not buying he's our franchise QB and we need to treat this like he's Troy Aikman worth every growing pain.  And then  I see a guy with completion percentages in the 40s each of the last 3 weeks.  He needs to watch games from the sidelines like Goff had to for about half a year and Tom Brady had to for all of his first 16 games or Steve McNair had to for 1-2 years.  

Just frustrated.  If you made it this far - thanks for reading folks. 

I was ok with Kizer being the starter, but yeah, you're spot on on his accuracy and touch. No need to hurl a Jose Mesa fastball on a simple TE safety valve. 

I do't think a 21 year old can get ruined by sitting a bit. Hue should have never put him back in vs the Ratbirds, it's been all downhill since the migraine.

Start Kizer vs the Jets. He struggles again, yank him. 

I'm really starting to view Kizer as DA v2. Throws the long ball but NO touch on the short stuff. Also seems that the same guys dropping balls thrown by Kizer haven't had that same issue with passes thrown by Hogan or Kessler.

I'm all for starting Hogan & letting Kizer learn without killing our games.

Besides, I'm taking my Grandson to the Jets game & won't be able to walk out!  :rolleyes:

Mike

Just now, Canton Mike said:

I'm really starting to view Kizer as DA v2. Throws the long ball but NO touch on the short stuff. Also seems that the same guys dropping balls thrown by Kizer haven't had that same issue with passes thrown by Hogan or Kessler.

Besides, I'm taking my Grandson to the Jets game & won't be able to walk out!  :rolleyes:

Mike

And I'm going to the Texans game. Plus how F#$%ed up will it be for McCown to beat the Browns?

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike

Can he catch a pass?:D

Kizer seems to have no clock, therefore, no timing. Leading the receiver too much, throwing behind the receiver,

throwing too high, throwing into the dirt ... holding onto the ball too long, cannonballing on short throws....

talented kid, yep. Not ready for the NFL...yep. Not calling him RGIII...but also not calling him ready to play.

8 hours ago, Flugel said:

When you defense starts out playing well in the first couple series or so and all they get back are quick 3 and outs from an offense lef by Helen Keller with a strong arm - the wind out of sails moment is inevitable.

Ghoolie said................ Offense wins, Offense makes the D

Flugel said.................."WIlliams will have the D whipped up into a frenzy"

And now Flugel puts his tail between his legs and bows down to Ghoolie. Ahhhhhhh.............. so you agree with me.............. Greg WIlliams is no different than Hortno. in fact he is a useless blowhard. Amazing Tom, this Williams guy who you claimed was a tought SOB, is now a pussy who's D is demoralized.

As always, The Ghooliola is dead on and everyone falls to their knees, willingly or unwillingly before him. I told you Greg WIlliams was schidt, and he is schidt.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Funny with all that is happening bad with the Browns, we are 1 1/2 point favorites in Vegas over the Jets. I'm thinking they have an inside on Shelton, Collins and Garrett coming back to play.

Yeah, that's it. The Browns are so good.

4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Ghoolie said................ Offense wins, Offense makes the D

Flugel said.................."WIlliams will have the D whipped up into a frenzy"

I DID say he will improve our defense.    He's taking over a 1-15 team so I'm comfortable all our coherent adults got the time frame.  Most of them even understand the topic.

If it wasn't for Gregg Williams - Drew Brees wouldn't have his only SB ring.  Williams was the DC when Tennessee made their only Superbowl. He's had a bunch of defenses that ranked in the top 5 so his credentials speak for themselves.  All you got to do is put the bottle down for a second to research.

I'm very flattered how much you want to try to remember what I've said when you're all liquored up in here.  Me thinks your steady refrain from cut and paste of what I said and how said it - says all that it has to.  Unfortunately for you, you can't even remember what you've said or posted half the time. 

Let's give this discussion back to the adults.  Thanks for trying...

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

How many times? Maximum of 12...

Et tu, Flugel?

You''re a lot more patient than I am coming off 1-15 football.  In fact, this franchise is only 4-37 in its last 41 games.

I think it's about time to make winning a little more urgent around here than sentencing us to the growing pains of a guy that may only be the next Brandon Weeden. 

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Funny with all that is happening bad with the Browns, we are 1 1/2 point favorites in Vegas over the Jets. I'm thinking they have an inside on Shelton, Collins and Garrett coming back to play.

Time to drug test the Bookies again!

Mike

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

You''re a lot more patient than I am

If that;'s the case... Lord, help you.

Patience isn't a factor... Believe me...

Well Tom.. I was distraught when we drafted Kizer because I thought he was pure Sheet when we drafted him.. For all the reasons you mentioned . this kid blows. To me its obvious Hogan is the better QB right now. Kizer can't even do what real QB's do and lead theyre WR's.. Ive seen hogan do this numerous times already.. I think Hue keeps starting Kizer because I actually feel there is dissention between the FO and the coaching staff.

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Well Tom.. I was distraught when we drafted Kizer because I thought he was pure Sheet when we drafted him.. For all the reasons you mentioned . this kid blows. To me its obvious Hogan is the better QB right now. Kizer can't even do what real QB's do and lead theyre WR's.. Ive seen hogan do this numerous times already.. I think Hue keeps starting Kizer because I actually feel there is dissention between the FO and the coaching staff.

Like Hue thinks Kizer is going to get it- eventually? He must be damn sure he's not going to get fired even if we go 2-14 with Deshone? He might have unlimited patience bringing up his baby, but the fans won't. Not if with a limited sample size Hogan passes the eye test better to our unskilled eyes.

Yup Nickers, I thought Kizer didn't have NFL level skills @ Notre Dame either, and he's done nothing so far to make me change my mind. Question is, how many more stinko performances will it take out of his pet project to change Hue' s?

They lose to the Jets, it's going to get ugly.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

All hail the return of the Curmudgeon!

Me & Mud, just keeping it real around here.....    I could argue the Browns performance against the Bengals Sunday belongs in the 10 worst ever category.  An all phases of the game stink job.  :) 

You should see the local sports section. Recipe to get healthy? Play the Browns.   

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Like Hue thinks Kizer is going to get it- eventually? He must be damn sure he's not going to get fired even if we go 2-14 with Deshone? He might have unlimited patience bringing up his baby, but the fans won't. Not if with a limited sample size Hogan passes the eye test better to our unskilled eyes.

Yup Nickers, I thought Kizer didn't have NFL level skills @ Notre Dame either, and he's done nothing so far to make me change my mind. Question is, how many more stinko performances will it take out of his pet project to change Hue' s?

They lose to the Jets, it's going to get ugly.

The fans don’t matter. You don’t matter. I don’t matter. 

Literally zero people could go to the game for the next 12 weeks and it would still be a net profit for Haslam this year.

So using the argument “oh the fans are gonna revolt” is pretty useless. The Browns are going to start the guy they drafted in the second round because they think he could become the answer someday. That’s what’s happening. No amount of bitching is going to change that. 

2 hours ago, policeman said:

Hello. All you bastards who post here should get on your knees and suck  Ghoolies balls. He owns this board with his knowledge of football. Thanks.

A ghoolie by any other name is still a ghoolie. Nice try.

Archived