THE BROWNS BOARD

Predictably Quiet This Week...

Tour2ma

Steelers lost... to the Bears no less. So...

• no Vagitron...
  • no Stinkhole...
  • no Gafreylettes...
  • no Dick Mellon...
  • etc, etc...

Enjoy it while it lasts...

25 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Steelers lost... to the Bears no less. So...

• no Vagitron...
  • no Stinkhole...
  • no Gafreylettes...
  • no Dick Mellon...
  • etc, etc...

Enjoy it while it lasts...

NO different than you vanishing after the Browns got their ass kicked by the lowly Colts. You could hear crickets in this place for 5 days after. Just now that the weekend is here are Browns fans coming out of the woodwork. Yet another bullshit post from a hypocrite.

34 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

NO different than you vanishing after the Browns got their ass kicked by the lowly Colts. You could hear crickets in this place for 5 days after. Just now that the weekend is here are Browns fans coming out of the woodwork. Yet another bullshit post from a hypocrite.

Why would you just out and out lie like that?   Tour has been all over this board all day every day since that game?

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Who do you like in that one. Its in Baltimore.

Dunno yet... but leaning Steelers.

What surprises me is that I thought this year every team that did a London gig came home to a bye week...

... which is hard if you play over there Week 3 and Byes don't start until Week 5.

Coming back to the states always screwed me up longer than the trip across did.

... and, yes, some maintain I still have not recovered from my last trans-Atlantic flight... three years ago.

56 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I wonder if there is a way to determine what the total sum number of posts are made on this board in a given period of time....example, just since say Monday.

Daily posts since Aug 1st to-date.

posts.png

Typically from my experience, more posts are generated after a Big loss or Big News (in-season trade, aka: Richardson), then after Big Wins. But it's hard to compare numbers today because so many people are fed up with the losing and fed up with the NFL in general.

Last year at this same time, the daily average posts were well over 250 per day ... this franchise is killing itself.

3 minutes ago, admin said:

Daily posts since Aug 1st to-date.

posts.png

Interesting.   It always spikes on Game Day, then tails off to where Saturdays get the least action.  Those first two Sundays of the regular season were against Division Rivals...Steelers/Ravens. Probably why those days got more run than the Colts game.  Though, this week the weekdays seem to get more than they did the previous two weeks. 

4 minutes ago, admin said:

Typically from my experience, more posts are generated after a Big loss or Big News (in-season trade, aka: Richardson), then after Big Wins. But it's hard to compare numbers today because so many people are fed up with the losing and fed up with the NFL in general.

Last year at this same time, the daily average posts were well over 250 per day ... this franchise is killing itself.

Funny.....I am hearing you say that a loss generates more run than a win does.  I note that this week at least, every day so far...weekdays not including today, all have been over 250.

The biggest dates in the forums history was the day Trent Richardson got traded (Huge Spike!), several dates that Manziel imploded (Vegas disguise, etc) and when a nude picture of Brady Quinn showed up ... err wait, my bad, the nude Brady Quinn picture showed up on BarkingTard and all the dreamy-eyed homo's flocked there.

2 hours ago, admin said:

Agreed.....after 45 years of non stop die hard love for this team, the most recent group has squashed the last few drops of joy from this team....their strip it down and not worry about winning schtick has crushed many fans spirit(mine included), created total apathy and intensified the losing culture, bringing it to levels this franchise has never experienced before.....

I just dont have anything to say.  I still come in and check for news.  But this format of extending the same thread for 1000 pages of two douchebags arguing makes it worthless to come midweek and try to find out if there is any new news and I have to wade through that bs.

combining threads makes no sense for keeping the board fresh and relevent.  When you have try to find nuggets of info from the intelligent thoughtful posters through a sea of ghoolie type morons arguing with each other

my opinion and I dont run the place.  

Hey... we're over 250 posts per day this week... and that's just Gipper's contribution.

4 hours ago, medicineman said:

... even their amusement park sucks (Kennywood)

Hey! I thoroughly enjoyed my one visit there. Three Miller classic woodies and a great steel coaster... albeit with a weird, "we're out of ideas" ending.

I mean it's no Holiday World, but what's not to like?

8 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

WOW pretty defensive when they call out your butt buddies eh? 

LOL Tour, I do enjoy my time there I just like to be a butthead, We go there maybe twice a summer, been going there since I was a kid but it is no where near a great Amusement park, The kids think it is heaven and are wore out when it is time to go home so it serves it's duty. I just don't like being in "yinzer" country, they suck :)

4 hours ago, Mudfly said:

Agreed.....after 45 years of non stop die hard love for this team, the most recent group has squashed the last few drops of joy from this team....their strip it down and not worry about winning schtick has crushed many fans spirit(mine included), created total apathy and intensified the losing culture, bringing it to levels this franchise has never experienced before.....

no kidding...the browns are now what, 1 and 23 their last 24 regular season games...i think i am right that they lost the last 5 with pettine before he left...has any nfl franchise been that bad?... as i said hashit knows nothing about football and its gotten to the point that free agents that are worth a shit  don't want any part of this shit. same with the coaches. Now we got morons in the fo using algorythms...heee heee heeeeee....what the fuck....I wonder if fucking baby huey used algorythms to pump rg3 as the god of qb's last yr...i knew from that point we were fucked again with a shitass hc...

Would be nice to see the argument threads pushed to the 3rd page.  Not to beat a dead  horse...but would be nice to log in, check the board and see new posts about injuries, the rumors, etc instead of wading through the Garret thread to the 4 new pages of "whose schlong is longer arguments " to see if anyone heard anything about his ankle

I dont have that kind of time or patience.

I just hope we dont lose the guys who are really insightful and post well though out, coherent posts that make sense.  That are more objective than subjective. 

This is kind of like that movie idiocracy...the intelligent posters are being out "bred" by the illiterate loudmouth trolls and it makes the board worse

14 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Would be nice to see the argument threads pushed to the 3rd page.  Not to beat a dead  horse...but would be nice to log in, check the board and see new posts about injuries, the rumors, etc instead of wading through the Garret thread to the 4 new pages of "whose schlong is longer arguments " to see if anyone heard anything about his ankle

I dont have that kind of time or patience.

I just hope we dont lose the guys who are really insightful and post well though out, coherent posts that make sense.  That are more objective than subjective. 

This is kind of like that movie idiocracy...the intelligent posters are being out "bred" by the illiterate loudmouth trolls and it makes the board worse

We agree and understand. We have recently removed many of the "schlong measurement" threads to make way for the football topic threads. We have installed measures to mask profanity, and we have suspended a few members who couldn't follow adult private askings and explanations. I admit that we do not have a plan for the length of a thread, as in the Garrett injury, as in recent years others asked for ONE THREAD instead of wading through multiple threads of the same topic, so it doesn't look like we are going to please everyone there.

We have also recently removed many posts that just were flame-baiting and not necessary, and also the replies to those posts from those who can't help themselves in feeding the trolls - no matter how much they report their dislike for said troll and can't seem to bring themselves to use the ignore button or simply skip the post(s).

You will occasionally see a questionable thread or post, we ask that you skip it until we can remove it or moderate it. Thanks.

Appreciate the efforts, Stan...

FYI... my Joe T jersey that I ordered thru the site has arrived. Will make it's debut in Houston in two week. Hopefully will get it autographed that trip, but if not there's London...

15 hours ago, medicineman said:

LOL Tour, I do enjoy my time there I just like to be a butthead, We go there maybe twice a summer, been going there since I was a kid but it is no where near a great Amusement park, The kids think it is heaven and are wore out when it is time to go home so it serves it's duty. I just don't like being in "yinzer" country, they suck :)

lol... love of a good coaster can overcome all divisions... even sports divisions. Gotta love a woodie that starts with one of it's biggest drop right out of the station. Plus a steel whose 2nd drop far exceeds its first thanks to use of another ravine. Park has made great use of the natural terrain. River (the Monongihonga?) is so far below the park... cool vista... fun park... just wish it hadn't had a hand in killing Geauga Lake.

Now the drive to the park across ancient, rusty bridges far above that same river? Scared the Sheet out of me when I was trapped by a light on one and every semi that rolled by shook the fucker.

Damn... The Clipper is still standing.... 3:01 mark.

Mall developer wasn't it? That bought the property? Seem to remember that...

Word was at one time he was going to operate the coaster. Later... not so much. Pity as it was also a Miller and a prime candidate for an ACE Classic designation.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Appreciate the efforts, Stan...

FYI... my Joe T jersey that I ordered thru the site has arrived. Will make it's debut in Houston in two week. Hopefully will get it autographed that trip, but if not there's London...

lol... love of a good coaster can overcome all divisions... even sports divisions. Gotta love a woodie that starts with one of it's biggest drop right out of the station. Plus a steel whose 2nd drop far exceeds its first thanks to use of another ravine. Park has made great use of the natural terrain. River (the Monongihonga?) is so far below the park... cool vista... fun park... just wish it hadn't had a hand in killing Geauga Lake.

Now the drive to the park across ancient, rusty bridges far above that same river? Scared the Sheet out of me when I was trapped by a light on one and every semi that rolled by shook the fucker.

Damn... The Clipper is still standing.... 3:01 mark.

Life is strange Tour. You may like coasters- they scare me to death. You couldn't pay me enough to get on one that does an upside down loop. However, put me on a foot wide ledge on a mountain with 2,000' of air underneath- have no problems with that.  :)  

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Life is strange Tour. You may like coasters- they scare me to death. You couldn't pay me enough to get on one that does an upside down loop. However, put me on a foot wide ledge on a mountain with 2,000' of air underneath- have no problems with that.  :)  

Think that's funny? My daughter the expert skydiver does not like to drive on Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain NP. She's afraid of heights looking over the edge of the road. LOL!:lol:

Archived